View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 243 of 343
« First < 143193233239240241242243 244245246247253293 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:00 AM 11-30-2022
He’s been outstanding.

Only given up 2 sacks and 5 QB hits in 535 pass block snaps this year.

I’ve said Al along that it was going to take time to refine technique to play at the significantly lower weight. It’s obviously been the plan since last offseasons contract negotiations that Veach saw him as too heavy to be an ideal fit in this offense long term and Orlando took it seriously and dropped weight and has been working hard on technique….and it’s paying off.

He’s a legit ELITE LT now, has 4 pro bowls at right and left tackle, will make his 5th this year.

He has every indicator you can ask for in a LT with size, no injury history, dedication to his craft, bloodline, leadership, strength, intelligence and has cck a great bond with Mahomes.

He will get a market reset contract and earn every penny.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:03 AM 11-30-2022
His improvement week to week has been impressive.

He’s going to be killing guys in the playoffs in route to the largest LT contract in history, and by a wide margin.

I bet Veach tries to give him a deal structured like Pats.

Like 10/250 with lots of piggy banks mixed in.
Attached: 1217F3E3-E744-4C9E-BF70-DCE573995274.jpg (46.5 KB) 
[Reply]
kccrow 10:08 AM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
I may be speaking out of turn here, but I think kccrow has kinda planted his flag in the "dont' pay no matter what he does" territory.
I haven't firmly planted it but it's stuck in the ground a bit until he shows me he can stop conceding so much pressure up the arc against top pass rushers.

He wants to be paid as the top LT in the game and he is clearly not that.

Mahomes masks a lot of deficiencies for our tackles by escaping pressure and making plays regardless.

Judging offensive line isn't as pure as saying "well, he only gave up 1 sack." The dude was nearing the bottom echelon with his early play against the better pass rushers. He's only come up for air now because the slate has been far less talented.

If he shows he can continue at this level against better players and through the playoffs, I'll lift that flag, but he hasn't earned it yet for me.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:08 AM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Re-watch complete.

Orlando was a wall in pass pro this week - very possibly the best single week of pass blocking I've seen from him.

He's a different player at the moment than he was in the first 4 weeks. He actually started to turn the corner a little against the Raiders and maybe stalled a bit against Buffalo, but from SF forward, he's really been outstanding in pass pro.
A lot of players had injuries after that Arizona game. Orlando was on the injury report with a knee issue 3 days after that game.

I think that was pretty valid now that we’re watching him healthy
[Reply]
kccrow 10:10 AM 11-30-2022
Nick Bosa (not Joey).

Though for the most part he was just terrorizing Wylie, I recall him lining up over OBJ several times as well.

And while I'm inclined to agree with you that Allen isn't a top 3 guy - he's a top 20 guy pretty easily, IMO. That's a strong player - I don't think you jus hand waive that kind of effort especially when it was so clearly in Brown's favor.
Ah yeah, forgot about Nick. I do remember the same in that I didn't see him line up often on Brown's side. Wylie was a shit show against him.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:13 AM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:

He’s going to be killing guys in the playoffs in route to the largest LT contract in history, and by a wide margin.

I still hate the use of hurries to 'grade' anyone, offensive or defensive line. They're just so damn nebulous.

The idea that the Colts game was, what, his 3rd best game of the year? That just doesn't wash with me at all. To my eyes it was his 2nd WORST game of the year, behind only the Chargers game.

That was the first game where I really thought "Oh shit, we may have a MAJOR problem here..."
[Reply]
penguinz 10:13 AM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I haven't firmly planted it but it's stuck in the ground a bit until he shows me he can stop conceding so much pressure up the arc against top pass rushers.

He wants to be paid as the top LT in the game and he is clearly not that.

Mahomes masks a lot of deficiencies for our tackles by escaping pressure and making plays regardless.

Judging offensive line isn't as pure as saying "well, he only gave up 1 sack." The dude was nearing the bottom echelon with his early play against the better pass rushers. He's only come up for air now because the slate has been far less talented.

If he shows he can continue at this level against better players and through the playoffs, I'll lift that flag, but he hasn't earned it yet for me.
Mahomes also makes it harder on the OT's by dropping so deep and running around behind the line so much.

Not saying OBJ is elite but some of the issues he sees are from the deep drops where instead of the defender getting pushed deeper than the QB he gets pushed into the QB.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:15 AM 11-30-2022

:-):-):-):-):-) He's cumulatively been worse than last year and Veach wouldn't offer him much above a 19 AAV contract with only the amount of money we'd pay him in franchise tags guaranteed
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:16 AM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Are you okay?
It's been like 9 months and some change. I'm mostly recovered.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:22 AM 11-30-2022

holy shit

we are going to buttfuck CIN

the OL is playing like vermeil's squads
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:22 AM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-):-):-):-):-) He's cumulatively been worse than last year and Veach wouldn't offer him much above a 19 AAV contract with only the amount of money we'd pay him in franchise tags guaranteed
You think teams give a rip about 'cumulatively'?

If the dude continues to play like this down the stretch, he'd be the top FA on the market and he'll get what he's asking for.

Nothing bad can come of him playing well. Either he demonstrates a level of performance here that makes re-signing him a good thing or he builds trade value to the point that a tag/trade seems a viable option.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:23 AM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Dude. That’s because the first month was him dealing with injury and learning to play completely differently at his drastically reduced weight so he could fit our system better long term. Look at his grades since then.

No way in hell is Orlando going to suit up for a single game if they don’t get him a new deal. And rightfully so. He absolutely shouldn’t. He’s proven to be exactly what they want from the position currently (with the possible exception of a more mobile LT to get out and run on screens and other horizontal attacks the offense uses a lot of).

Orlando will get tagged and a LONG term deal will be worked out for insane money.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:29 AM 11-30-2022
You know what would be better than tagging him and extending him?

Telling him to get off his ass before !@#$ing June and get an agent hired who can actually work towards getting a deal done before mid-summer.

Christ that was annoying.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:30 AM 11-30-2022
You think teams give a rip about 'cumulatively'?

If the dude continues to play like this down the stretch, he'd be the top FA on the market and he'll get what he's asking for.

Nothing bad can come of him playing well. Either he demonstrates a level of performance here that makes re-signing him a good thing or he builds trade value to the point that a tag/trade seems a viable option.
Right now he's performing largely to the same standard he maintained for large swaths of last season. And Veach deemed it unworthy of anything except barely a top 10 OT deal and less than 50 guaranteed. Nothing has changed. If another team wants to reset the market with him, fantastic, take a couple picks off their hands and go back to the well.
[Reply]
O.city 10:32 AM 11-30-2022
Yeah, the timing really fucked everything.

I had forgotten about the knee injury.
[Reply]
Page 243 of 343
« First < 143193233239240241242243 244245246247253293 > Last »
Up