ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Nzoner's Game Room>What's your opinion of Dairy Queen?
Stewie 06:49 PM 01-20-2022
Good for shakes and ice cream back in the day. Haven't been to one in ages.

I received a mailer today that there's a new store not far from me. Incredibly cheap deals on burgers, chicken, sides and desserts.

I know it's introductory stuff, but might be worth a try. I used to love their strawberry shakes.
[Reply]
sedated 09:27 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Going there was a treat, and if you weren't acting the fool, you might luck out and get a Banana Split.

On a hot summer night, that was the bomb.
I've never understood the appeal of a banana split. Never wanted one, one was bought for me on my b-day years ago, never considered ordering one again.

My dad and his family loved them, is it a generational thing?
[Reply]
Frazod 09:28 PM 01-20-2022
This thread just made me go out in 9 degree weather to get a fucking malt.

Damn you.

:-)
[Reply]
Fish 09:28 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Crumbly cake part? Huh?
Yes. This disgusting stuff with the horrible texture.

[Reply]
srvy 09:32 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan:
DQ was my first "real" job - I was the fry cook for the one in Centralia, MO.

While I didn't find the hamburgers any better than BK or McD, the DQ we worked at offered Pork Tenderloin sandwiches and BBQ Beef sandwiches. Definitely my favorites when we got our dinner break.

Man, I did love those Peanut Buster Parfaits and Banana Splits.

Edit: I remember being able to impress my daughter when she was little when we would go somewhere with an ice cream machine - I still can make the ice cream cone with the little DQ curly-cue on top. Thank you, muscle memory.
I remember the BBQ beef sandwich they had it in Lamar Mo. Dad always stopped there on our way to the River that Roars. I often got the bbq beef.

The DQ on the square in Liberty Mo also had that and the tenderloin. I think that one is history and moved out to I-35 and 291.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:39 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage:
I've been a couple times in the last few years. Chicken strip basket.. loved it as a kid. It's fine. There are so many places offering chicken strips anymore that nostalgia is about the only reason to go for that.

Buehler is right, the fries suck. I think they might be the worst in the fast food industry.
Here's something I don't understand about french fries. I recognize that people have different tastes, and that there's not going to be a consensus about what the best french fries are.

But you can get a pretty strong consensus around the worst foods. There's pretty strong agreement that Dairy Queen foods are at the bottom of the desirability scale, along with Burger King (and still two orders of magnitude better than Subway). Now, maybe they do their market research and they recognize that their market niche is people who have an inability to recognize good or bad food. Money is money, so you pursue your niche.

But it seems like at some point someone at those companies would say, "Y'know, our food is terrible. Maybe we should try to improve it a little." And maybe someone at Subway would say, "Maybe we should consider producing food that's fit for human consumption."

I guess it never happens, though. I guess if you work at those place, you know that there's a place in the world for bad food, and your mission is to provide it.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:42 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan:
DQ was my first "real" job - I was the fry cook for the one in Centralia, MO.

While I didn't find the hamburgers any better than BK or McD, the DQ we worked at offered Pork Tenderloin sandwiches and BBQ Beef sandwiches. Definitely my favorites when we got our dinner break.

Man, I did love those Peanut Buster Parfaits and Banana Splits.

Edit: I remember being able to impress my daughter when she was little when we would go somewhere with an ice cream machine - I still can make the ice cream cone with the little DQ curly-cue on top. Thank you, muscle memory.

Dairy Queen was my second or third job depending on how one defines it. I too can still do the DQ curl on soft-serve.

My bosses were nice people who were astoundingly cheap. I got paid notably less than minimal wage, and I got only a nominal discount on my meals on break. I had a few times where I worked a short shift and barely broke even after the meal.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 09:42 PM 01-20-2022
Fools, they have an app. Order the shit. Drive to the store. Get your shit. Drive away. Lines are for rookies.

IMO the burgers are better than both. Get onion rings if you like onion rings. Cheese curds if you don’t.

I just have to disagree. Strongly. I’ve had Freddy’s custard quite a bit and Culver’s a few. Give me a M&m blizzard every day of the week.

Nice work. That’s a pro move.
The app is relatively new. Saw the signs for it this week when we got some blizzards. I get almost all fast food thru apps since they basically give shit away in their deals.
[Reply]
srvy 09:54 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by sedated:
I've never understood the appeal of a banana split. Never wanted one, one was bought for me on my b-day years ago, never considered ordering one again.

My dad and his family loved them, is it a generational thing?
If you ever had a Zarda Dairy with hard serve ice cream and real fruit syrup you might have another opinion. Sadly they are gone now but you can get close in SE Ks, Oklahoma, or SW Mo with Brahm's.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:16 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
Yes. This disgusting stuff with the horrible texture.

Oh, the cookie or whatever. It’s better than their frosting. I’m not a real big fan of their cakes unless they’re made fresh.

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
The app is relatively new. Saw the signs for it this week when we got some blizzards. I get almost all fast food thru apps since they basically give shit away in their deals.
Wife has been running the app for like a year. She doesn’t fuck around.
[Reply]
srvy 10:18 PM 01-20-2022
Also a freeze that I knew in the 60s and 70s was a citrus drink with a few scoops of sherbert.

When we were on holiday from school we would go to my mom's work in Commerce Tower
downtown KC and sit in the observation booth and watch airplanes land at Municipal Airport.
Lunch was at Jones stores lunch counter. All the Department stores had them but Jones was best. I always got a cheeseburger fries or rings or grilled ham and cheese with a side of mac and cheese. Always a Limeaid Freese it had 3 scoops of lime sherbert and a couple of cherries on top. Downtown KC was hustle-bustle in the 60s and 70s. The paperboys and cigarette girls on main corners. I would always try to get free samples never any luck till the late 70s when was old enough. Good times and those lunch counters were the bomb. On the way home mom would run into Cake Box and grab a cake desert for after dinner. I always remember that red and white box and knew something good was inside.

Interesting that the owner sold Cake Box Bakery but his daughter went on to establish Bagle and Bagel in Brookside then later sold to a company the renamed it Einstein Bakery. She then founded Spin Pizza then retired.
[Reply]
Fish 01-20-2022, 10:23 PM
This message has been deleted by Fish.
threebag 10:48 PM 01-20-2022
Our DQ has this orange popcorn salt that is awesome on the fries
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 10:52 PM 01-20-2022
Oh, the cookie or whatever. It’s better than their frosting. I’m not a real big fan of their cakes unless they’re made fresh.

Wife has been running the app for like a year. She doesn’t fuck around.
Is your wife single?
[Reply]
srvy 10:54 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Was pissed when they got rid of Snickers as an option for blizzards. Nothing better than a snickers/banana blizzard. Their burger and fries, and chicken tenders are decent for the cost.
I never stray from the Heath Blizzard well I lie a few times I got the Butterfinger.
[Reply]
srvy 11:11 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by threebag02:
Our DQ has this orange popcorn salt that is awesome on the fries
My son and daughter love that I always have Franklins popcorn salt around my favorite. I will hand-fry fries and sprinkle them on. It's a major pain in the ass to deep fry your own fries but they love it.

Good stuff seems always sold out on Amazon but can buy directly and they ship batter than Amazon.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:40 AM 01-21-2022
Those country chicken strip or steak baskets are for real!
[Reply]
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Up