Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Mayock out as Raiders GM
Stewie 05:20 PM 01-17-2022
Per Schefter. Not a surprise.
[Reply]
kccrow 08:01 PM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
He did address the OL and that's why it got shittier. Remember when he traded a pro bowl Center for a sack of dicks?

Abram sucks and Mullen is just ok.

Mayock was a sub 50% hit rate on FA. Trading for 2 big ol busts in Steelers WR's, Trent Brown and Joyner were some awful signings.

Drafting a kid in the 3rd round and trading him months later was fucking hilarious.

Mayock was pretty damn bad at his job.

Ruggs is, was and forever will be stupid over Lamb and Jefferson.

Let's not even get started at Ferrell #3 overall all.
I can't imagine that Mayock walked in one day and said "hey let's trade away the offensive line." That shit came down on him, either from Gruden or from their dipshit owner and I'm guessing the latter seeing it cleared 30 million or so off the books. Sure, Mayock was tasked with putting lipstick on that pig and making it sound like they were doing something great by saying they were "consciously getting younger and more athletic" but nobody would do that just to do it. Mayock is smart enough, in listening to him over the years, to know to rebuild that methodically.

As for Ferrell at #3, yeah I thought Allen was a better pass rusher and should have been the pick. That said, just about everyone had Ferrell as the #2 guy that year on the edge and a top 10 guy either way. Just about every other GM in the league would have looked just about as dumb as Mayock because he still would have gone high and the results are likely the same.

Abram sucks is a ridiculous take man, not even sure what to say there. He made huge strides this year in coverage on top of being a good box SS.

Mayock was far from perfect and not what I would consider upper-echelon, but he wasn't terrible. There are FAR worse than Mayock in this league and I don't know that he deserved to be fired, especially with a team that has failed to develop talent at more than a snail's pace. They needed better coaching. They better hope they hit on a stud GM but I have my doubts the next guy will be as good as Mayock and that's okay with me. That just helps KC.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:55 PM 01-21-2022
Mayock was an NFL scout at best. He was an insane hire.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 12:35 AM 01-22-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
That said, just about everyone had Ferrell as the #2 guy that year on the edge and a top 10 guy either way.
This is revisionist bullshit.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 08:53 PM 01-22-2022

If the Raiders hire Dave Ziegler or anyone with ties to the Pats as the GM, that's a wrap on Harbaugh. It'll be Josh McDaniels. If it ends up being Ed Dodds, who the Raiders asked to interview after interviewing Ziegler, that increases the chances for Harbaugh to head to LV.

— Brandon Brown (@BSB_Wolverine) January 23, 2022

[Reply]
Buehler445 09:04 PM 01-22-2022
Apparently Bowl Cut wasn’t paying attention when McDouche coached at the Cheating Fucking Donkos.
[Reply]
kccrow 01:09 AM 01-23-2022
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
This is revisionist bullshit.
You have no fucking clue.

Most boards were

1. Bosa - everyone on the planet knew he'd be a top 3 pick and wasn't a consideration
2. Allen
3. Ferrell or Gary toss-up
5. Burns - some had Burns #3 for scheme fit in a 3-4
6. Sweat - was a tossup with Allen on some boards or #3 until the heart condition came out and he dropped

Mayock made the wrong pick, never refuted that. I'm saying a lot of other GMs would have looked like fools too. He was going Round 1, no doubt about it.

And these stats are surely high-first-round caliber:
2018 - 55 tkl, 20 tfl, 11.5 sk
2017 - 66 tkl, 18 tfl, 9.5 sk
2016 - 44 tkl, 12.5 tfl, 6.0 sk
[Reply]
Eureka 01:50 AM 01-23-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Apparently Bowl Cut wasn’t paying attention when McDouche coached at the Cheating ****ing Donkos.
A McDouche coached team. Just watch.

"But wait. As they say on late-night TV there's more".

"Tom it's midway through the 2nd quarter. It's 38-To Nothing THHHDDhhaaa Raiders.

"I know this is paining you Tom. But there's more".

"59-14 Daaa Raiders call off the dogs in the fourth quarter"

You'd fly your own banner after this game if it was the Chiefs with this melt down.

[Reply]
Ocotillo 01:55 AM 01-23-2022
You have no ****ing clue.

Most boards were

1. Bosa - everyone on the planet knew he'd be a top 3 pick and wasn't a consideration
2. Allen
3. Ferrell or Gary toss-up
5. Burns - some had Burns #3 for scheme fit in a 3-4
6. Sweat - was a tossup with Allen on some boards or #3 until the heart condition came out and he dropped

Mayock made the wrong pick, never refuted that. I'm saying a lot of other GMs would have looked like fools too. He was going Round 1, no doubt about it.

And these stats are surely high-first-round caliber:
2018 - 55 tkl, 20 tfl, 11.5 sk
2017 - 66 tkl, 18 tfl, 9.5 sk
2016 - 44 tkl, 12.5 tfl, 6.0 sk
Dane Brugler is as accurate as any draftnik and I just looked it up. He had Ferrell at 21st overall and fifth among his edge rushers in his final rankings.

Every college player touted for the NFL has stats. Ferrell lacked the stats that matter, measurables. He had no business going in the top five, let alone top 10. One of the worst picks in NFL draft history.
[Reply]
kccrow 05:40 AM 01-23-2022
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
Dane Brugler is as accurate as any draftnik and I just looked it up. He had Ferrell at 21st overall and fifth among his edge rushers in his final rankings.

Every college player touted for the NFL has stats. Ferrell lacked the stats that matter, measurables. He had no business going in the top five, let alone top 10. One of the worst picks in NFL draft history.
You picked one board among hundreds to make your point? Comical.

I could find boards that didn't have Josh Allen in the top 20. I can find boards that had Zach Allen rated as the #2 DE. You can fit your narrative however you want, I'm just stating what I remember sans looking up his college stats.

If you want to continue Googling history, I'd bet you'll be hard-pressed to find too many boards that didn't have Ferrell in the top 20, especially if you look at all the boards and their history and not the last one 2 days before the draft. The kid was highly rated.

As I said before, Mayock may have taken the wrong guy but so too would have a lot of GMs right after him. That's the only point I've tried to hammer home. It isn't "revisionist." Use your Oxford dictionary via Google and ask yourself if I'm really being revisionist.

As for Ferrell, I'm hoping the Raiders release him. I'd love for KC to pick him up and work with him. He's a really stout run defender, can get pressure, and can move inside/out. He needs to learn better pass rush and just continue to get stronger. I really don't think he's been coached up the best. Hell, Crosby should be a world-beater for them by now and he's just kind of the same guy he was in year 1. He's still really solid and a high motor guy, but I feel like he's a guy that could be putting up a handful of sacks more per year and just living in the backfield ala TJ Watt.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:56 AM 01-23-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Apparently Bowl Cut wasn’t paying attention when McDouche coached at the Cheating ****ing Donkos.
Raider hire is irrelevant. Players in LV can't stay out of trouble. There too much fun there and the young rich athlete will fuck his life up and the team will lose.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:58 AM 01-23-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Raider hire is irrelevant. Players in LV can't stay out of trouble. There too much fun there and the young rich athlete will **** his life up and the team will lose.
yeah, I immediately thought an NFL team, especially The Raiders, in Las Vegas was a bad, bad idea.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 08:20 AM 01-23-2022
You picked one board among hundreds to make your point? Comical.

I could find boards that didn't have Josh Allen in the top 20. I can find boards that had Zach Allen rated as the #2 DE. You can fit your narrative however you want, I'm just stating what I remember sans looking up his college stats.

If you want to continue Googling history, I'd bet you'll be hard-pressed to find too many boards that didn't have Ferrell in the top 20, especially if you look at all the boards and their history and not the last one 2 days before the draft. The kid was highly rated.

As I said before, Mayock may have taken the wrong guy but so too would have a lot of GMs right after him. That's the only point I've tried to hammer home. It isn't "revisionist." Use your Oxford dictionary via Google and ask yourself if I'm really being revisionist.
The point being is Brugler, is like former Dallas Morning News writer Rick Gosselin, being the draftnik with the most sources within the league or close to the top, so his board means something.

I looked up Daniel Jeremiah -- a former NFL personnel guy who is also well connected -- he had Ferrell to the Eagles at 25 in his final mock.

I don't care about the 100s of boards done by morons. They don't mean shit. The only ones that matter are the actual GM's boards and finding the select few expert boards that most closely resemble them.

My point was never Ferrell wasn't a first rounder. I never argued that. My point was Ferrell had no business going at No. 4 because he didn't have the measurables of an elite prospect. He was a 20s prospect, mid-first at best.

The No. 4 pick is an opportunity for a franchise to draft an All-Pro, an impact, potentially Hall of Fame player, so those picks have be hit out of the park. It's not just about Raiders picking Ferrell over Josh Allen here. They also passed on Devin White, Ed Oliver. The pick was so lousy that Mayock should have been fired right there on the spot for squandering a chance to get a true elite talent.

You knew Mayock screwed the pick when in his post-draft presser was talking about how Ferrell was inspirational leader like Ray Lewis. Well that inspirational garbage doesn't matter if Ferrell doesn't make plays, the locker room won't give a shit about that.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:47 AM 01-23-2022
Originally Posted by R8RFAN:
I personally like him, he is laid back and gets the most out of the players and they like him. I want the O and D COORDS gone though. 26th rated D does not cut it and OLE is way too conservative.
Do you think the D problem could be players instead of the DC?
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:51 AM 01-23-2022
Originally Posted by R8RFAN:
Well if he does come out of college ball I think he will coach the Raiders just because of the relationship with the Davis' + the tax advantages in LV.

I just don't want 1 person having control over everything. I want a GM that is gonna be the HC's boss not the other way around.
Idk, Miami may be a possibility too. There’s a good relationship between Harbaugh and Ross. Also Ross is a huge Michigan backer, so they have that commonality as well. I think he stays at Michigan honestly. He’s close to his family, and that was his dream job. Maybe one of these days he’ll do something there.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:01 AM 01-23-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Do you think the D problem could be players instead of the DC?
Raider D played really well down the stretch. Benching Littleton and replacing him with Deablo made a huge difference in both run D and pass D.

Abram going out didn't hurt the secondary at all.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Up