Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Mayock out as Raiders GM
Stewie 05:20 PM 01-17-2022
Per Schefter. Not a surprise.
[Reply]
Nickhead 02:01 AM 01-18-2022
Originally Posted by TLO:
Are they going to keep Bill Goldberg as their coach?
shittiest joke ever :-)
[Reply]
jjchieffan 02:38 AM 01-18-2022
I'm sure going to miss seeing those reach picks from Mayock in the first round. From Ferrel in his first draft to Leatherwood in his most recent. Not to mention both of his 2020 first round picks getting cut due to off field issues this season. His draft picks screamed out that he thought that he was outsmarting the entire league, when in reality, he wasn't nearly as smart as he thought he was.
[Reply]
kccrow 05:23 AM 01-18-2022
I disagree on Mayock's performance. Everyone can yuck up his 1st round picks but he's added talent to that team, especially defensively.

Abram is a solid to good SS and Moehrig looks like the making of a stud FS.
Mullen and Hobbs are good CBs, so when they are all on the field together that secondary will be damned tough.

Deablo is coming on as a space linebacker. Crosby is a stud DE.

Leatherwood may not be the solution at RT but I think he'll end up turning into a solid RG and they needed both so it wasn't like it wasn't worth taking a shot on the kid knowing if he failed at one they could move him. He's gotta learn better pass blocking technique, all there is to it, but he's got the requisite skill set and he did improve in small bits over the season.

Let's not act like Ruggs wasn't a good pick, because he was looking like the making of a damned good WR before he fucked everything up. You can't predict a player doing something so stupid. That's not a scouting issue. Edwards is coming on as a WR there too and Renfrow is a hell of a slot.

Foster Moreau is a solid #2 TE as a late 4th round guy.

Josh Jacobs is a really solid RB and alot better than CEH.

Sure, if he doesnt' miss on Arnette and Ferrell and instead takes Josh Allen and whoever it looks even better but no GM is perfect.

You look at him taking Arnette, look at the next 2 CBs taken. Igbinoghene has sucked just as much and Gladney is indicted on felony assault charges and cut. The same Gladney everyone here wanted KC to draft.

I also think he made some good signings defensively with guys like Ngakoue, Jefferson, and Hankins. Littleton has been okay. Perryman played way better than expected.

My thoughts were if he could address the Oline in the offseason, he'd have turned that franchise around. I guess he doesn't get the chance. I think this is more the mark of a feeble and impatient owner more than a GM that didn't know what he was doing.

It makes me more entertained that they gave up on Mayock than had they not.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:26 AM 01-18-2022
Not his fault but Ruggs probably sealed his fate.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 07:35 AM 01-18-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Supposedly that was Grudens pick Mayock wanted Devin White
No. That is bull crap that was tweeted out by Mayock:s media buds right after he was fired.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:38 AM 01-18-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I disagree on Mayock's performance. Everyone can yuck up his 1st round picks but he's added talent to that team, especially defensively.

Abram is a solid to good SS and Moehrig looks like the making of a stud FS.
Mullen and Hobbs are good CBs, so when they are all on the field together that secondary will be damned tough.

Deablo is coming on as a space linebacker. Crosby is a stud DE.

Leatherwood may not be the solution at RT but I think he'll end up turning into a solid RG and they needed both so it wasn't like it wasn't worth taking a shot on the kid knowing if he failed at one they could move him. He's gotta learn better pass blocking technique, all there is to it, but he's got the requisite skill set and he did improve in small bits over the season.

Let's not act like Ruggs wasn't a good pick, because he was looking like the making of a damned good WR before he fucked everything up. You can't predict a player doing something so stupid. That's not a scouting issue. Edwards is coming on as a WR there too and Renfrow is a hell of a slot.

Foster Moreau is a solid #2 TE as a late 4th round guy.

Josh Jacobs is a really solid RB and alot better than CEH.

Sure, if he doesnt' miss on Arnette and Ferrell and instead takes Josh Allen and whoever it looks even better but no GM is perfect.

You look at him taking Arnette, look at the next 2 CBs taken. Igbinoghene has sucked just as much and Gladney is indicted on felony assault charges and cut. The same Gladney everyone here wanted KC to draft.

I also think he made some good signings defensively with guys like Ngakoue, Jefferson, and Hankins. Littleton has been okay. Perryman played way better than expected.

My thoughts were if he could address the Oline in the offseason, he'd have turned that franchise around. I guess he doesn't get the chance. I think this is more the mark of a feeble and impatient owner more than a GM that didn't know what he was doing.

It makes me more entertained that they gave up on Mayock than had they not.
While I agree in general, a couple of things:

1. Abram is not solid nor good. He's a liability in coverage and has a history of shoulder injuries - not good for a guy that is a thumper and not much else. Before you go off on me, read what NFL personnel people have to say. He's not thought of highly at all.

2. Leatherwood not only isn't a tackle, he isn't a good guard. He's actually poor. Terrible pick.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:12 AM 01-18-2022
I wanted Deablo.

That's all. That's my post.
[Reply]
R8RFAN 09:15 AM 01-18-2022
Abram is ok but not worth a 1st round pick.

JJ is always hurt and I don't believe in taking RB's in the first round also we were 28th in rushing this year. Most any NFL Caliber RB can run well when the O line does their job.

Renfrow is a rock star and will be a pain it the ass for defenders for many years.
Leatherwood has flashes but will take time to develop. Not a worthy first rounder maybe 3rd rounder.

Moehrig is a keeper

People like to say it was Gruden who picked all the early rounds and Mayock picked the later rounds. Well if that was the case Mayock would still have a job. I think it was a good healthy mixture of both.

I see Jim Harbaugh as our next coach and I am not real happy about it to be honest. I think he is too much of a hardass and the Prima Donna NFL players of today will lay down on him.

Regardless for me life goes on, if they win Great, If they don't o well
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:19 AM 01-18-2022
And for all the hoopla about Crosby (great player, no doubt) let's not forget he was a 4th round pick in the same draft that the Raiders took Ferrell 4th overall.

One of the bigger defensive busts in a while.
[Reply]
R8RFAN 09:36 AM 01-18-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
And for all the hoopla about Crosby (great player, no doubt) let's not forget he was a 4th round pick in the same draft that the Raiders took Ferrell 4th overall.

One of the bigger defensive busts in a while.
Well he won't get much playing time when you have Yannick Ngakoue and Crosby , I think that hurt his progress as well. I agree though, 3rd rounder at best
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:38 AM 01-18-2022
Originally Posted by R8RFAN:
Well he won't get much playing time when you have Yannick Ngakoue and Crosby , I think that hurt his progress as well. I agree though, 3rd rounder at best
Part of the reason they got Yannick in the first place, though was because Ferrell just wasn't getting it.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 09:43 AM 01-18-2022
The Raiders are in average QB purgatory. Worst thing that can happen to a team is having a QB good enough to give you 7-9 wins a year, but not good enough to win playoff games. It generally keeps you out of the prime draft slots for a Mahomes, Burrow, etc.

The new Raiders GM will have some difficult choices to make as Carr is in his final year of his contract. He won't want to play one lame duck season with a new GM and HC. Does a new GM pay big bucks and hitch his wagon to Carr? As a Chiefs fan I hope so.
[Reply]
jdubya 09:51 AM 01-18-2022
Originally Posted by R8RFAN:
Abram is ok but not worth a 1st round pick.

JJ is always hurt and I don't believe in taking RB's in the first round also we were 28th in rushing this year. Most any NFL Caliber RB can run well when the O line does their job.

Renfrow is a rock star and will be a pain it the ass for defenders for many years.
Leatherwood has flashes but will take time to develop. Not a worthy first rounder maybe 3rd rounder.

Moehrig is a keeper

People like to say it was Gruden who picked all the early rounds and Mayock picked the later rounds. Well if that was the case Mayock would still have a job. I think it was a good healthy mixture of both.

I see Jim Harbaugh as our next coach and I am not real happy about it to be honest. I think he is too much of a hardass and the Prima Donna NFL players of today will lay down on him.

Regardless for me life goes on, if they win Great, If they don't o well
Harbaugh doesn't thrill me but if he brings Fangio with him as his DC I'd be walking on air. His NFL coaching career was short but he has a winning record. Niners were crap before Harbaugh and crap after he left.
[Reply]
bowener 09:53 AM 01-18-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
The Raiders are in average QB purgatory. Worst thing that can happen to a team is having a QB good enough to give you 7-9 wins a year, but not good enough to win playoff games. It generally keeps you out of the prime draft slots for a Mahomes, Burrow, etc.

The new Raiders GM will have some difficult choices to make as Carr is in his final year of his contract. He won't want to play one lame duck season with a new GM and HC. Does a new GM pay big bucks and hitch his wagon to Carr? As a Chiefs fan I hope so.
I am curious if this makes the job much more attractive to Harbaugh IF he wants total control like BB has with the Pats. I really don't want to see Harbaugh as their coach.

I also hope the next GM keeps Carr to avoid pissing off the fans and players. I don't like that the Raiders may not be nearly as inept as they deserve to be. If they do keep Carr, I don't like that Davante Adams would love to play with Carr... but that will come down to $$$. Hopefully, Adams stays the fuck away from the Chargers, but they have a ton of money.
[Reply]
R8RFAN 10:03 AM 01-18-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:

Carr has never had a real defense to help him and now has a line that can't protect him. The Raiders had a decent pass rush but I still think they finished 26th in the NFL. I think this team has many problems to fix but I seriously don't think Carr is the problem here. Is he Aaron Rodgers or Patrick Mahomes? No but he is still a good QB. I compare him alot to stafford, Similar size and arm strength but the Rams have a D and WR's . Give Carr what Stafford has and if he fails then yes he is the problem.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Up