Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Mayock out as Raiders GM
Stewie 05:20 PM 01-17-2022
Per Schefter. Not a surprise.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:11 PM 01-17-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsFan123456:
I guess I am the only one surprised that Mayock is fired since he took the Raiders to the playoffs for the first time in 5 years
They had an easy schedule. The only playoff teams they beat were fraudulent Cowboys in OT and the how-the-fuck-did-they-even-get-here? Steelers, both of whom were dispatched in the first round. They were crushed in the three games they played against the teams advancing to the next round, and also somehow managed to lose to Washington, the Giants and the Bears. And they lucked out in three other overtime wins against non-playoff teams. If the Chiefs had had that schedule they'd have gone at least 14-3, even playing like ass early in the season.

Best thing I can say about them is that they actually made a decent showing against the Bengals on Saturday.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 06:15 PM 01-17-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
They had an easy schedule. The only playoff teams they beat were fraudulent Cowboys in OT and the how-the-****-did-they-even-get-here? Steelers, both of whom were dispatched in the first round. They were crushed in the three games they played against the teams advancing to the next round, and also somehow managed to lose to Washington, the Giants and the Bears. And they lucked out in three other overtime wins against non-playoff teams. If the Chiefs had had that schedule they'd have gone at least 14-3, even playing like ass early in the season.

Best thing I can say about them is that they actually made a decent showing against the Bengals on Saturday.

Worst point differential ever for playoff team:
2010 Seahawks -97*
2011 Broncos -81*
2004 Rams -73*
2021 #Raiders -65
1989 Steelers -61*
2021 Steelers -59
2017 Bills -57
1998 Cardinals -53*
1978 Falcons -50*
*-won 1st playoff game

— Josh Dubow (@JoshDubowAP) January 15, 2022

[Reply]
jdubya 06:17 PM 01-17-2022
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Can't keep busting on 1st and 2nd rounders and expect to keep your job.
Feeling among many Raider fans is Gruden had final say on 1st and second round picks and then cut MM loose on the rest. Who knows?
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 06:19 PM 01-17-2022
Clellin Ferrell over Josh Allen was their first mistake.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 06:23 PM 01-17-2022
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
He was Jon Gruden's guy, so I'm not surprised.
He was Jon Gruden's 'fall guy' IF things didn't work out initially, but what Jon didn't know was that he actually was going to 'fall' first BUT to your point I think Mayock still would have been fired even IF Gruden didn't get exposed because of those horrible 1st rd picks that were wasted.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 06:26 PM 01-17-2022
Originally Posted by PackerinMo:
Hindsight is always 20/20 because Allen's first and much of his 2nd yr I wouldn't have given ya nickel for Allen. Still not an Allen fan because he is not evolving as a student of the game and you can tell. His passing has gotten more accurate but....
[Reply]
Ocotillo 06:30 PM 01-17-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Hindsight is always 20/20 because Allen's first and much of his 2nd yr I wouldn't have given ya nickel for Allen. Still not an Allen fan because he is not evolving as a student of the game and you can tell. His passing has gotten more accurate but....
I get you not liking Allen the player, fair enough, but Ferrell was never remotely projected as a top 5 pick. He didn't have the measurables to justify taking him at that spot. There's nothing hindsight 20/20 about knocking that pick.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:32 PM 01-17-2022
Originally Posted by PackerinMo:
Supposedly that was Grudens pick Mayock wanted Devin White
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:33 PM 01-17-2022
I really liked Arnette coming out.

But I had no idea he was a off-field issue problem.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 06:34 PM 01-17-2022
He's talking about Jacksonville DE Josh Allen, not the QB.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 06:42 PM 01-17-2022
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
He's talking about Jacksonville DE Josh Allen, not the QB.
Oh:-) My bad but I don't follow college that closely and when I saw the name Josh Allen well then....
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 01-17-2022, 07:09 PM
This message has been deleted by Pepe Silvia.
Dunerdr 10:21 PM 01-17-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I really liked Arnette coming out.

But I had no idea he was a off-field issue problem.
I thought he was the worst cb on his college team and had rashad fenton type measurables.
[Reply]
Kman34 10:25 PM 01-17-2022
He was Jon Gruden's 'fall guy' IF things didn't work out initially, but what Jon didn't know was that he actually was going to 'fall' first BUT to your point I think Mayock still would have been fired even IF Gruden didn't get exposed because of those horrible 1st rd picks that were wasted.
The Owner can’t pick a hairstyle much less a GM.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:35 PM 01-17-2022
Also, am I the only guy who doesn't like Mayock for draft day stuff? Guy talks like he's got a bunch of dicks in his mouth, especially when he says the word "tackle"
[Reply]
carcosa 12:50 AM 01-18-2022
*lightning
[Reply]
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up