ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Media Center>Jim Carrey is 60
Hammock Parties 03:17 PM 01-17-2022
Where does time go

It’s ma birthday! Whoohoo! I’m old but I’m gold! I Love you all!!! 🙏🌈❤️ pic.twitter.com/WvFtbMty80

— Jim Carrey (@JimCarrey) January 17, 2022

[Reply]
Frazod 10:09 AM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Underrated Jim Carrey. the Majestic.
I mentioned this one earlier. A great film, directed by Frank Darabont (Shawshank, Green Mile). While the premise is more than a bit far-fetched, it really works, and Carrey gives a solid, completely straight-up performance.

Definitely worth a look for anyone who hasn't seen it.
[Reply]
2112 11:38 AM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
He's also legit crazy now.

Watch his interview on Norm MacDonald a year or two ago. He's just lost his mind.
He really is crazy. He admitted being depressed all the time and being on medication. How many wives/gf’s has he gone through? Shit ton of money and this dipshit is depressed.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 12:01 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by 2112:
He really is crazy. He admitted being depressed all the time and being on medication. How many wives/gf’s has he gone through? Shit ton of money and this dipshit is depressed.
Cuz money clearly ain't everything. Like I said, some of the most brilliantly talented people in Hollywood suffer from depression and are otherwise batshit crazy. Because of who they are, nobody lets them know that they need help. Robin Williams was a great example of the crying clown.
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:16 PM 01-20-2022
I have an Adam Sandler level dislike for this dude. He was funny in In Living Color, but shoulda stopped there, not my cup. I get it though, if you guys like him.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 12:29 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
Favorite Jim Carrey movies:
The Cable Guy - darkly funny as hell
Ace Ventura Pet Detective - stupid toilet humor, but that dude was just hilarious in that
The Mask - yes, I liked it. Also, Cameron Diaz was SMOKIN'...
The Truman Show - Funny and touching, have not seen it in years but I remember liking it
Liar Liar - Just funny stuff in that, and also kinda nice ending
Me, Myself and Irene - I laughed my ass off watching that. Loved the dual characters.

Other than those, I don't know how many of his movies I've watched, never bothered with the "serious" ones. Too bad he's batshit crazy, but the talented ones usually are.
I'd add Dumb and Dumber.

Some times adolescent humor is just what the doctor ordered. I won't apologize for enjoying it from time to time.

But also, these days, fuck that guy.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 12:31 PM 01-20-2022
I thought he was hilarious when I was a kid but for some reason he’s not as funny anymore. I guess it’s cause he got older, a lot of the best comedians became less funny with age except for Rodney Dangerfield.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:15 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
I'd add Dumb and Dumber.

Some times adolescent humor is just what the doctor ordered. I won't apologize for enjoying it from time to time.

But also, these days, fuck that guy.
It's funny. I loved Kingpin, but didn't care for Dumb and Dumber or Something About Mary. I honestly couldn't tell you why.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 04:56 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
It's funny. I loved Kingpin, but didn't care for Dumb and Dumber or Something About Mary. I honestly couldn't tell you why.
I've only ever seen parts of the two you mentioned but, I'm sure if I thought about it I could come up with some slapstick comedies that I don't much care for either.

You know what, The Jerk, with Steve Martin. It just doesn't do it for me yet is loved by so many (guess I should throw this mention in the other thread when I get done here). Three Amigos is great but, The Jerk mostly bores me. :-) Just one of those things.
[Reply]
Frazod 05:03 PM 01-20-2022
I've only ever seen parts of the two you mentioned but, I'm sure if I thought about it I could come up with some slapstick comedies that I don't much care for either.

You know what, The Jerk, with Steve Martin. It just doesn't do it for me yet is loved by so many (guess I should throw this mention in the other thread when I get done here). Three Amigos is great but, The Jerk mostly bores me. :-) Just one of those things.
I really liked The Jerk, and didn't like Three Amigos. Go figure.

Although my favorite Steve Martin comedies are Dirty Rotten Scoundrels and The Man With Two Brains. Absolutely love both of them.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 05:09 PM 01-20-2022

Although my favorite Steve Martin comedies are Dirty Rotten Scoundrels and The Man With Two Brains. Absolutely love both of them.
Heh, I feel like most the time on subject of movies we are fairly close but, clearly, on the subject of slapstick comedies we are polar opposites. Which is amusing in its own peculiar way.

BUT, we do agree on Dirty Rotten Scoundrels.
[Reply]
Frazod 05:10 PM 01-20-2022
Heh, I feel like most the time on subject of movies we are fairly close but, clearly, on the subject of slapstick comedies we are polar opposites. Which is amusing in its own peculiar way.

BUT, we do agree on Dirty Rotten Scoundrels.
Have you ever seen The Man With Two Brains? That's some serious slapstick shit right there.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 05:17 PM 01-20-2022
Have you ever seen The Man With Two Brains? That's some serious slapstick shit right there.
I have not. I'll make sure to check it out whenever I come across it.
[Reply]
Frazod 05:21 PM 01-20-2022
I have not. I'll make sure to check it out whenever I come across it.
Came out in '83. Also stars a young, hot Kathleen Turner. I saw it in the theater and nearly pissed myself laughing.

I can't imagine that you wouldn't like it, but at this point, who knows? :-)
[Reply]
Raiderhater 05:33 PM 01-20-2022
Came out in '83. Also stars a young, hot Kathleen Turner. I saw it in the theater and nearly pissed myself laughing.

I can't imagine that you wouldn't like it, but at this point, who knows? :-)
It's certainly a crapshoot.
[Reply]
notorious 05:59 PM 01-20-2022

"I'll fill you so full of lead you'll be using your dick for a pencil".

Come on, that's good shit. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up