ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Media Center>Jim Carrey is 60
Hammock Parties 03:17 PM 01-17-2022
Where does time go

It’s ma birthday! Whoohoo! I’m old but I’m gold! I Love you all!!! 🙏🌈❤️ pic.twitter.com/WvFtbMty80

— Jim Carrey (@JimCarrey) January 17, 2022

[Reply]
notorious 04:28 PM 01-17-2022
Heh, my kids and I watched Ace Ventura 1 and 2 this weekend.

My kids laughed the whole time. He's one of a kind.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:03 PM 01-17-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
Heh, my kids and I watched Ace Ventura 1 and 2 this weekend.

My kids laughed the whole time. He's one of a kind.
Even though he was the token white guy on In Living Color, he was hilarious in that as well.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:28 PM 01-17-2022
I've never been much of a fan, even before he turned into a giant elitist douche. Looking through his movies on IMDb, there are a handful, like Truman Show, that I've enjoyed, but really only one that stands out - The Majestic.

His over the top comedic style does not work for me. Never did.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 09:51 PM 01-17-2022
Time does fly.

Happy birthday Johnny Squares.
[Reply]
eDave 10:23 PM 01-17-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I've never been much of a fan, even before he turned into a giant elitist douche. Looking through his movies on IMDb, there are a handful, like Truman Show, that I've enjoyed, but really only one that stands out - The Majestic.

His over the top comedic style does not work for me. Never did.
I can't make it through 3 minutes of a rewatch of Ace. Funny then, cringe now. Dumb and Dumber still holds up. Cable Guy had quite the evil undertones.

You might like Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind. My favorite of his. And the subject matter is cool.

Not sure how you'd peg him as an "elitist".
[Reply]
Frazod 10:44 PM 01-17-2022
Originally Posted by eDave:
I can't make it through 3 minutes of a rewatch of Ace. Funny then, cringe now. Dumb and Dumber still holds up. Cable Guy had quite the evil undertones.

You might like Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind. My favorite of his. And the subject matter is cool.

Not sure how you'd peg him as an "elitist".
He's one of those bigtime antigun guys who wants to disarm everybody except his private security guys. I hate hypocrites. I and everybody else who can't afford to hire our own goon squads deserve the same right to personal protection that he does.

He was pretty vocal about it at one time, but either he's chilled out or his rantings are no longer newsworthy. I don't know, and I don't care. Fuck him.
[Reply]
eDave 01-17-2022, 11:56 PM
This message has been deleted by eDave. Reason: meh
2112 06:53 AM 01-18-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Even though he was the token white guy on In Living Color, he was hilarious in that as well.
Fire marshal Bill was his best character. Ever.
[Reply]
2112 06:55 AM 01-18-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
He's one of those bigtime antigun guys who wants to disarm everybody except his private security guys. I hate hypocrites. I and everybody else who can't afford to hire our own goon squads deserve the same right to personal protection that he does.

He was pretty vocal about it at one time, but either he's chilled out or his rantings are no longer newsworthy. I don't know, and I don't care. Fuck him.
Agree with this. He’s a Canadian citizen who made it big in the USA and then starts bad mouthing a president and goes gaga over liberals agenda. Fuck him!

And IMO he hasn’t been funny since in living color.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:43 AM 01-18-2022
Didn’t realize he was that old? But he’s been around since the mid 80s.

Just took him awhile to hit big.
[Reply]
Direckshun 08:55 AM 01-18-2022
He's also legit crazy now.

Watch his interview on Norm MacDonald a year or two ago. He's just lost his mind.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 09:17 AM 01-18-2022
Mid 90's Jim Carrey was peak Jim Carrey.

Dude is a nuthouse now.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 09:42 AM 01-20-2022
Favorite Jim Carrey movies:
The Cable Guy - darkly funny as hell
Ace Ventura Pet Detective - stupid toilet humor, but that dude was just hilarious in that
The Mask - yes, I liked it. Also, Cameron Diaz was SMOKIN'...
The Truman Show - Funny and touching, have not seen it in years but I remember liking it
Liar Liar - Just funny stuff in that, and also kinda nice ending
Me, Myself and Irene - I laughed my ass off watching that. Loved the dual characters.

Other than those, I don't know how many of his movies I've watched, never bothered with the "serious" ones. Too bad he's batshit crazy, but the talented ones usually are.
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:45 AM 01-20-2022
That was easily the best Diaz we've ever gotten. Yowzer.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:52 AM 01-20-2022
Underrated Jim Carrey. the Majestic.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up