ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 12
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Divisional Round- Buffalo @ KC Game Roll Call
Sofa King 03:02 PM 01-17-2022
Ok, who's going?

I think myself and a few family members are going to get tickets and head down. Maybe some of you ticket pros can answer some questions. We'd like to get some tickets mid field, between the 40's either lower or upper deck is fine. Any thing we should know about those spots? Should be buy tickets now or wait to see if price drops through the week? Who do you normally get them through, ticketmaster, stubhub, ticketsforless, etc? Cool stuff to see on Saturday around town? Best places to eat?

When does tailgating open up normally? I'd like to swing by for some tailgating if anyone is open to 3 adults and two older teenage kids being around. I'd gladly bring beer, etc. Would be nice to meet some people.

Good hotels near arrowhead? Either walking distance or a short drive is fine.
[Reply]
Sofa King 08:33 PM 01-18-2022
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
The hotels near the stadium suck all the dicks. Unless you're into no sleep due to noise and drug deals.

Will cost more, but the better hotels are Downtown and on The Plaza.

No COVID restrictions at Arrowhead.
Can't say I'm in to those things. Any ones in particular you would recommend? Only been to KC a few times so not overly familiar.
[Reply]
Sofa King 08:34 PM 01-18-2022
Originally Posted by Shag:
It's not me to worry about - I'm a lifelong, diehard Chiefs fan, who reads this forum every day. My buddy is the Bills fan, so all shit can be directed at him, lol
I'd recommend giving him two black eyes before you even show up, that way everyone knows that he's been dealt with.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 08:34 PM 01-18-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Bourbon acquired.
I don't believe you can get this in Missouri - at least I haven't seen it in my searches.

Fell in love with this while living in Arizona. For those that know bourbon, this is some tasty MGP distillate that is barreled and sent to the desert outside Vegas for storing.

[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 08:37 PM 01-18-2022
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
Can't say I'm in to those things. Any ones in particular you would recommend? Only been to KC a few times so not overly familiar.
I stay at the same hotel every time I go and it doesn't have a bar. I've heard great things about the new Loews, and it's hard to go wrong with the Sheraton or Westin at Crown Center. All are going to be over $200 a night though.

Haven't stayed on the Plaza in ages but enjoyed the Intercontintental.
[Reply]
Bugeater 08:47 PM 01-18-2022
It's not me to worry about - I'm a lifelong, diehard Chiefs fan, who reads this forum every day. My buddy is the Bills fan, so all shit can be directed at him, lol
Wait, didn't you stop by that tailgate once before? I swear I met you...it's been a while though.

Edit: Ha! I knew it! Post #45

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...=260168&page=2
[Reply]
Bugeater 08:51 PM 01-18-2022
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
There's a bunch of hotels about 8 miles east on I-70, near the 470 interchange. I've stayed at the Staybridge Suites numerous times, but not recently and the more recent reviews are hit and miss.

There's also a Stoney Creek in the area, we stayed at one of these in St Joe last month and it was really cool.

[Reply]
Monty 08:59 PM 01-18-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
You might be surprised where I get a lot of my bourbon recommendations then... :-) :-)

Angel's Envy is great and the rye is a favorite. Haven't tried Redemption, but looks like it's available here.
:-), I figured as much, but he has good taste.
[Reply]
Zap Rowsdower 10:48 PM 01-18-2022
Sitting in the upper deck. Can't wait!
[Reply]
Shag 12:29 AM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Wait, didn't you stop by that tailgate once before? I swear I met you...it's been a while though.

Edit: Ha! I knew it! Post #45

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...=260168&page=2
Damn, dude - hell of a memory! I somehow missed that this was Luv's tailgate we were talking about. I dragged some Vikings friends by back then, so apparently I have an MO, lol.

I've seen the Chiefs at a number of road games since, but this'll be my first trip back to Arrowhead since that Vikings game in 2011, which is hard to believe. Will definitely have to come on by again for a 10yr reunion!
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:35 AM 01-19-2022
I stay at the same hotel every time I go and it doesn't have a bar. I've heard great things about the new Loews, and it's hard to go wrong with the Sheraton or Westin at Crown Center. All are going to be over $200 a night though.

Haven't stayed on the Plaza in ages but enjoyed the Intercontintental.
You going out when you get in town this weekend? I'd live to meet some of you guys. I'm not going to the game unfortunately but if anyone is down to grab a drink let me know. I owe you one dude
[Reply]
crazycoffey 01:27 AM 01-19-2022
No way! That was my first game as well.

Sat 1st row at the tunnel. I cracked a rib celebrating the Vanover return TD lol.
My first game was 1991, senior in high school, and intern at the local paper. Had a press pass, was on the field to take pictures pregame and halftime. Such an awesome memory……. Been a chiefs fan ever since. Was raider fan before that (lived in Colorado and liked the raiders because my stepdad was a bronco fan). Allen going to the chiefs a year or two later just cemented it.

Actually it might have been in 1992…… Damn, I’m getting old……

Oh. And I have tickets. Was thinking of selling. But I’ll declare it now; I’m going!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 07:26 AM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
You going out when you get in town this weekend? I'd live to meet some of you guys. I'm not going to the game unfortunately but if anyone is down to grab a drink let me know. I owe you one dude
Not sure at this point, probably not likely. Came in two days early last week to avoid weather, will probably wait until Saturday night to come in this time.

Planning to just check into the hotel and watch the game, but if something gets planned I'll reconsider.
[Reply]
Bugeater 08:08 AM 01-19-2022
Damn, dude - hell of a memory! I somehow missed that this was Luv's tailgate we were talking about. I dragged some Vikings friends by back then, so apparently I have an MO, lol.

I've seen the Chiefs at a number of road games since, but this'll be my first trip back to Arrowhead since that Vikings game in 2011, which is hard to believe. Will definitely have to come on by again for a 10yr reunion!
No, memory bad. Very bad. I just had a vague recollection of meeting you at some point, so I did a search of my posts that contain your username, and I found the thread that way.

It's not necessarily luv's tailgate, the Springfield crew which she is a part of originally started it, and over the years it pretty much became the de facto CP tailgate. Unfortunately I won't be there as I don't enjoy the games enough anymore to justify a 6 hr round trip. I love the tailgates though, if I lived closer I'd go to them and go back home for the game.

Definitely swing by there though, just ask them if it's the CP tailgate, and once the glassware, beer bottles, etc stop rattling from the shock wave produced by that booming voice of yours, they'll all know it's you.
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:21 AM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:
My first game was 1991, senior in high school, and intern at the local paper. Had a press pass, was on the field to take pictures pregame and halftime. Such an awesome memory……. Been a chiefs fan ever since. Was raider fan before that (lived in Colorado and liked the raiders because my stepdad was a bronco fan). Allen going to the chiefs a year or two later just cemented it.

Actually it might have been in 1992…… Damn, I’m getting old……

Oh. And I have tickets. Was thinking of selling. But I’ll declare it now; I’m going!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jesus dude, I'm older than you!
[Reply]
Monty 08:39 AM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:
:-):-)
[Reply]
Page 7 of 12
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up