Page 7 of 24
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Book of Boba Fett
Hammock Parties 10:26 AM 11-12-2021
Yeah, it gets it's own thread. Blow me.

[Reply]
KC_Lee 04:19 PM 01-13-2022
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I so hoped that the red hoverbike had Swingline on it somewhere.
[Reply]
Fish 11:10 PM 01-13-2022
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
The bike gang is really cheesy, especially the look of the bikes which just doesn’t fit in, but oh well not that big of a deal.

Something that was really stupid though:

Spoiler!
Yeah...

Spoiler!

[Reply]
GloucesterChief 11:53 PM 01-13-2022
Biker Gang is based on British Mods from the 60s.
[Reply]
trndobrd 12:32 AM 01-14-2022
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Biker Gang is based on British Mods from the 60s.
The speeder they were chasing looked like a 1965 Lincoln Continental convertable with 1959 Ford round 'rocket' tail lights
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:59 AM 01-14-2022
This show is a damn cartoon, and a damn fine well made one at that.

Fuck the Pikes.

"Is he..."

*IRIS OUT TO SPACEPORT*

Fucking pure Star Wars moment.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:07 AM 01-14-2022
Also, the Rancor-riding scene was a goddamn wonderful callback to this:

Now, yes, it's getting high on the cheese factor with the Cyberpunk 90210 Biker Gang....BUT, like I said, the show has that feel of a live action cartoon, rather than something with more emotional threads running through it like The Mandalorian.

It feels a bit like Droids. That's not going to be everyone's cup of tea. But it is damn fun at it's core.

The tweet about Krrsantan is strange. That might have been the most violent thing I've seen in Star Wars. And uh, maybe he wasn't trying to kill him? *shrug*

TLDR - Danny Trejo FTW
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:38 AM 01-14-2022
I found episode 3 to be lacking. Honestly felt like fanfic.
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 09:46 AM 01-14-2022
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
The bike gang is really cheesy, especially the look of the bikes which just doesn’t fit in, but oh well not that big of a deal.

Something that was really stupid though:

Spoiler!
The shiny & colorful bikes didn't really fit into the overall grimy motif the rest of the city has. However the thing that put me off about the whole scene was it felt like that chase was going about 10 MPH. Reminded me of this:

[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:20 AM 01-14-2022
Haha that’s perfect. It definitely seemed slow.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:13 PM 01-14-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
I found episode 3 to be lacking. Honestly felt like fanfic.
Yea. It wasn’t that compelling. The backstory with the Sandpeople is the most interesting part of this show so far. I still don’t like Morrison all that much as Fett either. He’s just ok.
[Reply]
Fish 09:42 PM 01-15-2022
Took me a minute. :-)

[Reply]
Frazod 09:31 AM 01-16-2022
Finally got caught up last night. Some thoughts:

Overall I like it a lot, although not as much as Mandalorian.

I picked up on the power station building being from the original movie, but not the characters. I hadn't seen that deleted scene in a long time. I definitely like the look of Tatooine. They've done a good job with that.

I agree with those who say the lead actor is a bit.... lacking. I was trying to think who he reminds me of, and came up with Chakotay from Voyager. That's not really a good thing. I think the show would be much more interesting if the female assassin was the lead and he was her enforcer. Of course, there would be bodies piled up and blood splattered everywhere, and obviously in the Mouseverse we can't have that.

The whole "crime lord ruling through respect" bit is kind of silly, but again, Mouseverse. It is what it is.

Lots of what you could either call inspiration or ripping off from other material. The Tusken Raiders bit was straight out of Last Samurai. The whole wandering around being a do-gooder badass has some Kung Fu to it. And the sniping from the train bit reminded me of a cross between English Bob shooting pheasants in Unforgiven and the helicopter gunner from Full Metal Jacket. I could almost imagine the aliens yelling "Get some!" :-)

And finally, damn that Joan Jett-looking biker chick is hot. I could get lost in those eyes. :-)

Will keep watching.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 09:56 AM 01-16-2022
So...I don't know shit about Star Wars except the movies...I really enjoyed The Madelorian...will I hate this or even understand it?
[Reply]
notorious 10:06 AM 01-16-2022
Every episode can't be epic.

With that said, Boba isn't like I thought he'd be. Not a deal breaker.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:13 AM 01-16-2022
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
So...I don't know shit about Star Wars except the movies...I really enjoyed The Madelorian...will I hate this or even understand it?
You'll be fine. Although you should watch the original movies from the 70s/80s.

Boba Fett was a fairly minor character in the original trilogy. He got a little extra backstory in Episode II, but Episode II sucks balls and isn't worth watching. Basically all the clones in the Clone Wars were based on Boba Fett's father. The father was killed by Jedi (lightsaber decapitation), and the kid was shown holding the father's helmet in his hands after the death, which would lead one to believe that he was (a) traumatized, and (b) not a big fan of the Jedi going forward. However, the Mouseverse version of Boba is quite different from the movies, where he was a ruthless, all business bounty hunter.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 24
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up