< 123 456713 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Book of Boba Fett
Hammock Parties 10:26 AM 11-12-2021
Yeah, it gets it's own thread. Blow me.

[Reply]
Gadzooks 02:18 AM 12-30-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
In case you haven't had the time to catch it yet, here's a summary

Mrs. Gadzooks and I were yelling "PARKOUR" during that segment.
[Reply]
hometeam 07:27 PM 12-31-2021
I thought it was pretty dang good and good setup for what comes.

Unfortunately, I have in my mind the sarlacc escape that I read about as a child in the written star wars expanded universe - in the Tales from the Cantina short stories series. I was hoping to see it played out as I imagined based on that, but instead got some 30 second POS version lol.

Still liked it overall
[Reply]
notorious 08:25 PM 12-31-2021
Good.

Better than most shit out there.

I have a feeling it's going to be rough for the clone. Fear gets immediate results, respect takes time.
[Reply]
A Salt Weapon 08:51 PM 12-31-2021
Originally Posted by hometeam:
I thought it was pretty dang good and good setup for what comes.

Unfortunately, I have in my mind the sarlacc escape that I read about as a child in the written star wars expanded universe - in the Tales from the Cantina short stories series. I was hoping to see it played out as I imagined based on that, but instead got some 30 second POS version lol.

Still liked it overall
I read the same story growing up and that’s how I’ll always remember it despite what the “official” story is.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:57 PM 12-31-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Didn't realize it was the same actor. I guess that makes sense. I just never thought of Boba Fett as an unathletic bald dude in his ~60s I guess..
Yea. IMO they should have went with another actor who looks similar to Morrison. Morrison was obviously alot younger and trimmer when he was first introduced in Attack of the Clones 20 years ago. First episode was good though.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 11:50 PM 12-31-2021
Meh, hoping next episode is better. I felt they made present day Boba Fett look weak, weaker than his lady assassin friend for sure. She goes off to be outnumbered, kills one of them and takes the other in alive for questioning, and he gets... wisked to a healing bath? He looked good getting out of the sarlacc and against the sand creature at the end, but given what they've shown us so far, I wouldn't think much of his reign. You take out his two goons and he would've likely died by four guys with shield and electric batons.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 11:56 PM 12-31-2021
It was a fine opening episode. I agree with the earlier posts that present-day Boba was less interesting than the scenes of his past. Biggest issue is the missing scene where Boba Fett explains why the **** he wants to run Jabba’s Empire. It’s sort of out of character for him but assuming they’ll fill in some of these blanks as we go along.
[Reply]
Jamie 03:57 AM 01-01-2022
Maybe taking over Jabba's empire is his retirement plan. He's clearly in no shape to be a bounty hunter anymore.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:08 AM 01-01-2022
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Meh, hoping next episode is better. I felt they made present day Boba Fett look weak, weaker than his lady assassin friend for sure. She goes off to be outnumbered, kills one of them and takes the other in alive for questioning, and he gets... wisked to a healing bath? He looked good getting out of the sarlacc and against the sand creature at the end, but given what they've shown us so far, I wouldn't think much of his reign. You take out his two goons and he would've likely died by four guys with shield and electric batons.
Weak? Or weakENED?

His ordeal with the Sarlacc, leading right into desert enslavement, followed by escape, the Bacta, and the vivid dreams, and the subpar battling, seems to be crafting a rejuvenation, renewal, and wisdom through ordeal and setbacks narrative.
[Reply]
Cheater5 08:29 AM 01-01-2022
This dude didn’t care for it, at all lol. Haven’t watched yet and I was looking at a few reviews when I found this one.

https://www.sfgate.com/culture-colum...t-16738851.php

Quote;

“It’s been a long time since I’ve watched something as embarrassing as "The Book of Boba Fett." I’ve seen better acting in home movies. I’ve played iPhone games that have better special effects. I’ve seen more convincing fight scenes on reality television. The whole affair, from beginning to end, is the worst episode of television I’ve seen this year, or any other year. It’s worse than polio. It makes me never want to watch anything related to "Star Wars" ever again, and maybe I won’t.”
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:50 PM 01-03-2022

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:36 AM 01-04-2022
OK, so, it was kind of an underwhelming first episode. The escape from the Sarlacc was just "OK" - although maybe they're saving a bit more for later flashbacks?

Fett taking down the four-armed behemoth was badass, though. Also, PARKOUR!

The bit with the Tusken dog was badass, too, and love that Max Rebo band.

Overall, 6.5/10, definitely interested to see what's next.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:18 AM 01-04-2022
You have to start somewhere and build up from there, but that episode felt below Robert Rodriguez's (and Boba Fett's) standards.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:23 AM 01-04-2022
I did really like the setup with the Tuskens accepting him into their clan. That was really well done.

The other stuff, they're not doing a great job of explaining how Boba comes to take over the Palace and run the empire Jabba left behind.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 12:32 PM 01-04-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I did really like the setup with the Tuskens accepting him into their clan. That was really well done.

The other stuff, they're not doing a great job of explaining how Boba comes to take over the Palace and run the empire Jabba left behind.
I am guessing we will get that in further flashbacks.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 24
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up