ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Media Center>MCU: Eternals (2021)
Tribal Warfare 07:12 AM 05-24-2021

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 03:53 AM 01-17-2022
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I actually enjoyed it. It's different from the usual cookie cutter marvel movie formula.
I enjoyed it as well. I don't think it deserves that much hate. I hear eternals comic fans were happy with it. The 2 post scene credits were solid...esp that 2nd one.
[Reply]
stumppy 07:59 PM 01-17-2022
Meh
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:38 AM 01-18-2022
I just caught this movie last night, and it is bananas.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
sully1983 10:19 AM 01-18-2022
Haven't seen this yet but from seeing the trailers it seems like the cgi in these MCU movies have gone down hill. The cgi looks terrible for this movie.

Will probably skip it all together since I've been burnt out from the MCU since the underwhelming Endgame (it had its moments but the time travel elements took up so much of the movie and I usually can't stand time travel in movies. ) COuldn't even finish the pointless Black Widow prequel cashgrab and have no interest in the new Spiderterp movie. Tom Holland's ADHD portrayal of Peter Parker is insufferable and I couldn't imagine watching him for over 2 and a half hours.

Getting back to Eternals, I cringed when Richard Madden's character says "Eternals assemble" . It looks like your usual run of the mill assembly line predictable/formulaic crap that Feige has been shoveling out year after year.

The only comic book/super hero movie I'm really looking forward to is The Batman (and that's a DC/Warner Bros movie) Bring that shit on
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:26 AM 01-18-2022
Finally finished watching this thing. It needed about 45 minutes cut and the rest polished up. Ending was decent.
[Reply]
Direckshun 03:06 PM 01-18-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Finally finished watching this thing. It needed about 45 minutes cut and the rest polished up. Ending was decent.
Yeah the middle section really swamped up much of the film.
[Reply]
Miles 04:35 PM 01-18-2022
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Yeah the middle section really swamped up much of the film.
There was definitely a point where I paused and thought holy shit this thing still has an hour left.
[Reply]
listopencil 03:23 AM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Oh, OK. I was watching this and thought I had accidentally fired up the Super Extended Extra Hour For No Reason Director's cut where they just slap together every bit of usable footage they can find. The editing on this was garbage. Just a shit job of putting it together. There was a really good movie in there that they buried. I'm not sure if simply chopping off the first hour would help but it couldn't hurt. I'm looking forward to the release of the special Editor's Cut down the road where they pay someone to clean this up. It's really not horrible though, honestly. Go ahead and watch it if you have several hours to kill or leave it on for your dog if you have to go shopping.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:16 AM 01-21-2022
Trying to power through it but it’s a struggle. I do like the design of the deviants. Those are cool. These characters are just blah…..
[Reply]
Direckshun 02:24 PM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Trying to power through it but it’s a struggle. I do like the design of the deviants. Those are cool. These characters are just blah…..
The last third is where it gets good.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:33 PM 01-22-2022
The last third is where it gets good.
Ehhhh. It’s ok. I was bored thru most of it.

I hope we never see these boring D list characters ever again.
[Reply]
Fish 01:40 AM 01-23-2022
I just caught this movie last night, and it is bananas.

Spoiler!
The Bollywood fingerguns were one of the most cringeworthy parts of the film...
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:51 AM 01-25-2022
This was a disaster. Who the fuck cast this movie? Horrible miscasts all around. Slow as fuck. Took me 4-5 tries to finish this crap. I can’t believe a Marvel movie could be this bad.
[Reply]
Direckshun 01:38 AM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
The Bollywood fingerguns were one of the most cringeworthy parts of the film...
I can see how people would feel that way, and honestly everybody's mileage varies on that. I didn't mind it, but I'm a sucker for these films.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:45 AM 01-25-2022
I’ll Give the movie this….it was beautiful to look at. Great cinematography. Looked superb in HDR on my 75”.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Up