ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Media Center>MCU: Eternals (2021)
Tribal Warfare 07:12 AM 05-24-2021

[Reply]
RunKC 08:29 AM 05-25-2021
I can’t get into this shit. I needed a break after Endgame but now I’m just not interested in a lot of these new characters.

I’m interested in the main characters from the last phase. Thor God of Loce and Thunder, Dr Strange in the multiverse and the new Guardians is what I’m excited about
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:57 AM 05-25-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I can’t get into this shit. I needed a break after Endgame but now I’m just not interested in a lot of these new characters.

I’m interested in the main characters from the last phase. Thor God of Loce and Thunder, Dr Strange in the multiverse and the new Guardians is what I’m excited about
I agree. It's difficult to get excited for these D-list IPs after the run we just had. That said, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt after what they were just able to do with the Guardians of the Galaxy specifically. I had never even heard of those fuckers and those were some of the most fun movies in the MCU. And hell, even Iron Man got similar treatment. Prior to 2008, he was well-known but probably a C-list Marvel superhero as far as popularity goes.

They definitely need to figure out a way to bring X-Men and Fantastic Four into the fold to get the casual movie goers sucked back in.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:34 AM 05-25-2021
I'm watching for the simple fact that the north remembers.........
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:39 AM 05-25-2021
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
I'm watching for the simple fact that the north remembers.........
Yeah. Harrington is going to be John Snow forever. At least to this guy.
[Reply]
morphius 10:05 AM 05-25-2021
I have trouble getting interested in all powerful immortal type super heroes. Don't know much about this group, but hoping they can make these characters beings that you can care about. I get that Thor and Hulk are pretty close to what I described, but they also were never my favorites.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:20 PM 05-25-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yeah. Harrington is going to be John Snow forever. At least to this guy.
I can't wait to see what he looks like as the black knight. I have a feeling he's going to be a big part of this upcoming phase.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:25 AM 05-26-2021
I dont get it. Who sees Kit Harrington and goes "damn I gotta see that movie"!
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:16 AM 05-26-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
You know nothing.... Honestly had GoT ended correctly it would have gone down as one of the best TV series all time. And your opinion of Kit Harrington would change.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:46 AM 05-26-2021
You know nothing.... Honestly had GoT ended correctly it would have gone down as one of the best TV series all time. And your opinion of Kit Harrington would change.
:-)

As usual, it's YOU that knows nothing.

Being a TV star rarely transfers to the Big Screen and history is littered with actors and actresses that were major TV stars, only to fail at the box office.

It's an odd bit of casting to say the least but not just Harrington but Nanjiani and Madden as well.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:49 AM 05-26-2021
Yeah, exactly. Or Richard Madden or Kumail Nanjiani.

I've watched all 23 Infinity Saga films multiple times consecutively in the past year and I am super stoked about Loki, Spider-Man 3, Dr. Strange 2, Guardians 3 and Ant Man 3, but I'm having a difficult time getting excited about The Eternals.

Shang-Chi looks a bit more interesting IMO but I'm not sure I'll see it in theaters. If I find it appealing, then the odds of seeing The Eternals in theaters will go up.

If not, I'll definitely wait until it hits Disney+
[Reply]
BigBeauford 10:38 AM 05-26-2021
Kit was a great Jon Snow. Problem is his only gear seems to be Jon Snow.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 10:40 AM 05-26-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Yeah, exactly. Or Richard Madden or Kumail Nanjiani.

I've watched all 23 Infinity Saga films multiple times consecutively in the past year and I am super stoked about Loki, Spider-Man 3, Dr. Strange 2, Guardians 3 and Ant Man 3, but I'm having a difficult time getting excited about The Eternals.

Shang-Chi looks a bit more interesting IMO but I'm not sure I'll see it in theaters. If I find it appealing, then the odds of seeing The Eternals in theaters will go up.

If not, I'll definitely wait until it hits Disney+
I'm with you. The Feige Factor was only a part of the MCU's magical run. It had (IMO) more to do with nailing the cast. They were essentially batting 1.000 up until the Brie Larsen casting.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:50 AM 05-26-2021
I'm with you. The Feige Factor was only a part of the MCU's magical run. It had (IMO) more to do with nailing the cast. They were essentially batting 1.000 up until the Brie Larsen casting.
Larsen doesn't seem to have that "Feature Film" quality, which is something Emilia Clarke has struggled with as well.

Clarke has been in Star Wars and Terminator, two franchises that should have launched her into the stratosphere but she just didn't stand out and look like a "Star". She had a Rom-Com that failed, too.

For most people, "Movie Stars" are glamorous and can carry a film by themselves. It's difficult for most people to equate someone they can or have seen in a weekly TV series for weeks or years on end as a movie star. It's why people like William Peterson, Mark Harmon, Scott Bakula, Ted Danson, Julia Louis-Dreyfuss and so many others can star in hit TV series for years or decades on end but can't generate enough to even break even in Feature Films.

Maybe Madden and Harrington can transcend but the odds are against them.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 11:10 AM 05-26-2021
Madden has a shot. His brooding looks are natural. I think Kit has to put in the effort. Also, Kit is a tiny little dude. I know that hasn't stopped every tiny dude in Hollywood, but that's got to be a challenge to make a 5'8" dude heroic.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:23 AM 05-26-2021
Madden has a shot. His brooding looks are natural. I think Kit has to put in the effort. Also, Kit is a tiny little dude. I know that hasn't stopped every tiny dude in Hollywood, but that's got to be a challenge to make a 5'8" dude heroic.
Height aside, it's just a very difficult thing to change people's perception of actors.

I mean, it's one thing to look at George Clooney on ER and say "Well, that guy is a movie star!" and another to look at Matthew Perry and say "That guy is a movie star?". It worked for Clooney but famously bombed for Perry and Matt LeBlanc and David Schwimmer and Ted Danson and so on for 500 more names.

For whatever reason, it's really difficult for most people to make that leap. Maybe it works out for Madden and Harrington and maybe it doesn't but their box office success or failure will not hinge on the final episode of an HBO TV series that ended years ago.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up