ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Media Center>They want to remake Twister.
displacedinMN 05:13 PM 06-24-2020
:-)
https://variety.com/2020/film/news/t...al-1234648589/

Is nothing sacred anymore? Has Hollywood officially run out of ideas? This is blasphemy!!!!

Time to boycott, protest and cancel. Riot. Loot the streets. Burn down the movie theater.

#dontrebootTWISTER

Fuck no.
[Reply]
Rasputin 06:51 PM 06-25-2020
Another Twister concept they need to incorporate in the movie

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:37 AM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
That's where I stand. It was one of those movies where I felt bad in the theater because I was laughing at the parts that were supposed to be the most dramatic.
I laughed my ass off watching Titanic when the dude jumped off the back of the boat and hit the propeller then spun into the water.

I can't believe I was alone in this. Every dude at that place had been dragged their by a girlfriend and hadn't seen any gratuitous nudity for over an hour by that point. We'd checked out.

I mean c'mon - this is objectively funny:

All of the sudden all I could think was "Hey, that guys last thoughts were 'Ow!!! skywaterskywaterskywateroof'...." and I just couldn't stop laughing about it.

A little more nudity to keep 17 year old me engaged would've solved all that. This is YOUR fault, James Cameron.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:47 AM 06-26-2020
I fucking love Titanic unironically
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:50 AM 06-26-2020
Let us also remember, Meet Joe Black when discussing unintentional comedy.

[Reply]
Rain Man 10:10 AM 06-26-2020
The other movie where I was laughing out loud during inappropriate parts was Starship Troopers. There were parts of that movie where the dialogue or plot was so bad that my wife had to shush me from laughing because it apparently wasn't comedy even though it was comedy.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:20 AM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
The other movie where I was laughing out loud during inappropriate parts was Starship Troopers. There were parts of that movie where the dialogue or plot was so bad that my wife had to shush me from laughing because it apparently wasn't comedy even though it was comedy.
I kinda always assumed it was. FFS, Doogie Howser was the brains behind their outfit. And the heavy was literally a giant rubber brain.

That always seemed like an intentional spoof of sorts. A high-concept, self-aware B movie.

You could tell because the good actors were chewing on scenery (Ironsides was just friggen great) while the absolutely awful ones were just...being awful. They were completely immersed and just weren't in on the joke. Van Dien and Richards were just spectacularly awful but anyone with actual acting chops knew how to play it intentionally over the top.

I think you're allowed to laugh there - I think it was intentional satire and cheese.
[Reply]
007 07:42 PM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Who will replace Phillip Seymour Hoffman’s epic performance?

GREENAGE!!!!!
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:07 PM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I kinda always assumed it was. FFS, Doogie Howser was the brains behind their outfit. And the heavy was literally a giant rubber brain.

That always seemed like an intentional spoof of sorts. A high-concept, self-aware B movie.

You could tell because the good actors were chewing on scenery (Ironsides was just friggen great) while the absolutely awful ones were just...being awful. They were completely immersed and just weren't in on the joke. Van Dien and Richards were just spectacularly awful but anyone with actual acting chops knew how to play it intentionally over the top.

I think you're allowed to laugh there - I think it was intentional satire and cheese.
It was 100% intentional. starship troopers was made by the same team that made Robocop. Both contain a ton of satire.
[Reply]
sully1983 08:59 PM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Ok I change my mind this seems like a good concept to reboot Twister

And then

You win this thread:-):-)
[Reply]
RockChalk 11:49 AM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by Dayze:
The We Hate Movies podcast on the movie Twister is amazing.
For whatever reason, the internet seems to be scrubbed of this particular episode. I would love to hear it if you have a link for it?
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:56 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Who will replace Phillip Seymour Hoffman’s epic performance?
A black person.

Kevin Hart. Or Tiffany Haddish.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:53 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by JD10367:
There are many moves which IMO do not age well with time. I watch movies I loved when younger, like "Ghostbusters" and "Backdraft" and "Top Gun", and just find them kinda ****ing stupid now. "Twister" goes into that category. Loved it when I first saw it. Now I realize it's just filled with stupid hokey unbelievable dialogue and more unbelievable effects.

Hollywood has definitely jumped the shark with remakes. At this point they're remaking remakes that were remakes of remakes. If they're going to keep this shit up, at least pick better starting points.
I fucking love 90s cheese.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 08:49 AM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Fun fact: I know the guy that dropped the combine in the movie, from a crane.

Goofy bastard with big pop bottle glasses. One of the nicest guys ever though. Would do anything for you.

He saw Helen on set and he went over to introduce himself, and she yelled "Security!".
RP proven right again.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:53 AM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Fun fact: I know the guy that dropped the combine in the movie, from a crane.

Goofy bastard with big pop bottle glasses. One of the nicest guys ever though. Would do anything for you.

He saw Helen on set and he went over to introduce himself, and she yelled "Security!".
Was he from Iowa? What crane company?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:59 AM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Ok I change my mind this seems like a good concept to reboot Twister

And then

Brazilians, man.

They're just built different.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up