ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Media Center>Joe Montana Football 2016?
The Franchise 09:54 AM 03-17-2015

It just got Unreal @unrealengine #joemontanafootball16 pic.twitter.com/yt0WivWFmO

— Joseph Montana (@JoeMontana) March 17, 2015

I can't do any research because I'm at work.....but hopefully this is legit.
[Reply]
Jerm 04:51 PM 03-18-2015
Just give me back NCAA Football please....
[Reply]
kcxiv 07:30 PM 03-18-2015
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Just give me back NCAA Football please....
Thats probably not going to happen again! at least not for a good while.
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 09:32 PM 03-18-2015
I'm down, pls implement vision cone though
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:10 AM 03-19-2015

[Reply]
Aspengc8 06:44 AM 03-19-2015
Originally Posted by Ragged Robin:
I'm down, pls implement vision cone though
dear god no. Vision cone was one of the worst gimmicks ever. Right up there next the to 'fight for fumble' button mashing contest.
[Reply]
hometeam 08:23 AM 03-19-2015
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
dear god no. Vision cone was one of the worst gimmicks ever. Right up there next the to 'fight for fumble' button mashing contest.
agreed. hated it.
[Reply]
kcxiv 01:34 PM 03-19-2015
Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN:
its insane that people even compare a 10 year old game to a game released 5-6 months ago.

Just shows you how bad football gaming is.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 02:51 PM 03-19-2015
Originally Posted by kcxiv:
its insane that people even compare a 10 year old game to a game released 5-6 months ago.

Just shows you how bad football gaming is.
It just shows you how bad EA football games are. If 2K puts out something, Madden is done. I am a top 100 online ranked player on XB1, and I can straight up say this game is shit. It's not about football knowledge, its about knowing which routes glitch out the defensive AI the best.

I dont know why EA couldnt just reverse engineer 2K's physics engine?? Maybe because they did not have to due to lack of competition?

Please 2K, end our misery!!
[Reply]
kcxiv 03:39 PM 03-19-2015
Years ago on Operationsports when the EA dev's used to post there before one of the dev's lost it and went on a rampage lol, they used to talk about how 2K made the game and then their game and it just fucking backfired. Shortly after that like i said the dev lost it and they hardly posted there anymore. lol

Football game is definately in a sad sad place right now. Its been 10 years now that i havent played an NFL game, well seriously, i tried Madden here and there again, but i just couldnt get into it to the point of i wanted to buy the game.

I dont know whats going to happen, i would love for football gaming to be fun again for me, but i lost all hope.
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 07:12 PM 03-19-2015
Originally Posted by hometeam:
agreed. hated it.

Only casuals hated it. I'm talking before (the first) "next gen" 2008 version. Once you take out vision cone you take out any remotely realistic way of playing defense as well as an absolutely defining way of playing offense. This is magnified 10 fold in multiplayer.

In real life, a shit QB will stare down a receiver before passing. Translate this in-game, the human player will keep the cone on the player they intend on passing to throughout the dropback so the defender will simply jump the route or slide the safety over. Just like in real life, this leads to cat-and-mouse so more advanced players will hold the vision cone (ie the where the qb is "facing") at the middle of the field to freeze the safety while going through the progression with their actual eyes, then at the last second move it over and release, giving no clue to the defense as to where you are going with the football.

The biggest problem with its implementation was that it should have a maximum radius cap of like 25% of the field (the 90+ AWR guys in game would just have the entire field be covered which is retarded). Super high accuracy ratings also made the cone a non-factor, imo accuracy should be SEVERELY affected if thrown to a receiver not in the cone. This is the same in real life where a QB does not set his feet properly and their mechanics are out of whack when throwing.

As it is now it's just like LOL DROPBACK WHO CARES X/Y/A TO THROW AT ANY RECEIVER AT ANY POINT ALL WITH THE SAME ACCURACY. Completely asinine and arcade and lacking any depth in gameplay.
[Reply]
kcxiv 07:23 PM 03-19-2015
i didnt hate the vision cone. Thats one thing i would say, a QB throwing without looking in the direction is kind of bullshit lol. I think the vision cone probably needed some work, but i didnt hate it.
[Reply]
Jerm 09:15 PM 03-19-2015
It just shows you how bad EA football games are. If 2K puts out something, Madden is done. I am a top 100 online ranked player on XB1, and I can straight up say this game is shit. It's not about football knowledge, its about knowing which routes glitch out the defensive AI the best.

I dont know why EA couldnt just reverse engineer 2K's physics engine?? Maybe because they did not have to due to lack of competition?

Please 2K, end our misery!!
2k came back and made All Pro Football 2k8...it came and went. Nothing is touching Madden in the foreseeable future, whether right or wrong...it has that much of a grasp on the market and in mindshare.

Much rather see 2k bring back College Hoops...a CBB game with NBA 2k's engine would be incredible.
[Reply]
hometeam 09:41 PM 03-19-2015
2k came back and made All Pro Football 2k8...it came and went. Nothing is touching Madden in the foreseeable future, whether right or wrong...it has that much of a grasp on the market and in mindshare.

Much rather see 2k bring back College Hoops...a CBB game with NBA 2k's engine would be incredible.
I foresee in the future Joe Montana football 16 not only touching Madden, but obliterating it.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:58 PM 03-19-2015

I disagree with the first part and to the second, please take my money!
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:58 PM 03-19-2015
Originally Posted by hometeam:
I foresee in the future Joe Montana football 16 not only touching Madden, but obliterating it.
I think Madden will either put up or shut up, probably the latter.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up