ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Media Center>Name Movies that Should Never Be Remade
RINGLEADER 01:26 AM 08-05-2013
Recently had an opportunity to acquire rights to a classic film that I hold in such high regard I wouldn't want to even think about, let alone actually do, a remake or sequel. What movies would you consider off-limits for a remake or sequel?
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:16 AM 01-21-2022
Patton
A river runs through it
TGTBATU
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:53 AM 01-21-2022
Stripes.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:39 PM 01-25-2022
All of them
[Reply]
Demonpenz 10:53 PM 01-25-2022
letter to zachery
[Reply]
eDave 03:30 AM 01-26-2022
I SWEAR TO GOD IF THEY DO ANOTHER FILM ADAPTATION OF POCAHONTAS IN ANY FORM I AM GOING TO KILL EVERYONE I SEE.

AND YOU TOO, HEART OF DARKNESS (I'M LOOKING AT YOU AD ASTRA).
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 05:39 AM 01-26-2022
Office Space
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:44 AM 01-26-2022
I'm actually always down for a good remake.

Just off the top of my head, Dawn of the Dead (2004) remake is one of my favorite movies of all time. Dredd with Karl Urban was an awesome remake. Total Recall with Colin Ferrell was surprisingly good.

As long as it's done well, I'm cool with remaking whatever.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:47 AM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I'm actually always down for a good remake.

Just off the top of my head, Dawn of the Dead (2004) remake is one of my favorite movies of all time. Dredd with Karl Urban was an awesome remake. Total Recall with Colin Ferrell was surprisingly good.

As long as it's done well, I'm cool with remaking whatever.
Dredd isn't really a remake, not in the traditional sense.

Total Recall with Ferrell is much, much better than I expected. Been thinking about watching it again.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:53 AM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Dredd isn't really a remake, not in the traditional sense.
Ah, was it a sequel? It's been a while since I've seen either.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:22 AM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Ah, was it a sequel? It's been a while since I've seen either.
Dredd is a comic with plenty to choose from plot wise, and the Urban version bears no resemblance to the Stalone version from a plot perspective.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:10 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Dredd is a comic with plenty to choose from plot wise, and the Urban version bears no resemblance to the Stalone version from a plot perspective.
True, but they're both movies about the same character and same universe.

I personally didn't mind the Stallone Dredd, although (much like Dune) had I known anything/cared about the source material I'm sure I would have. I don't think I'd ever heard of Judge Dredd prior to seeing the movie. Never been a comic book guy.

That being said, the Urban Dredd is absolutely fucking brilliant. It's basically the Die Hard of science fiction.

One more interesting Dredd tidbit. My buddy who sells/collects movie memorabilia has managed to collect Stallone's entire Dredd costume and has it displayed on a mannequin in his basement showroom. It's really cool. It's also really tiny, which is amazing considering the way he comes off in his movies. I should have taken some pictures of it last time I was there.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 02:38 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:

I personally didn't mind the Stallone Dredd, although (much like Dune) had I known anything/cared about the source material I'm sure I would have. I don't think I'd ever heard of Judge Dredd prior to seeing the movie. Never been a comic book guy.

That being said, the Urban Dredd is absolutely ****ing brilliant. It's basically the Die Hard of science fiction.

One more interesting Dredd tidbit. My buddy who sells/collects movie memorabilia has managed to collect Stallone's entire Dredd costume and has it displayed on a mannequin in his basement showroom. It's really cool. It's also really tiny, which is amazing considering the way he comes off in his movies. I should have taken some pictures of it last time I was there.
Yes, you should have. Quit slacking! :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 02:52 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
Yes, you should have. Quit slacking! :-)
I did get a picture of this. The one and only original severed head from Reanimator.

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 02:54 PM 01-26-2022

That being said, the Urban Dredd is absolutely fucking brilliant. It's basically the Die Hard of science fiction.

Sly isn't exactly a big(tall) guy.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 02:54 PM 01-26-2022
I did get a picture of this. The one and only original severed head from Reanimator.

That is bad ass.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Up