ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 57
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Media Center>Horror Movies
Sorter 05:50 PM 10-18-2012
Please recommend me some for the season. I'm currently fresh out ideas, sans Sinister which I'll be seeing this week.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 08:03 AM 10-18-2017
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
I remember renting an old 80's zombie flick years ago from blockbuster where a zombie fought a shark and the battle was intense. I think Fulchi (sp) or Argento was the director...title might have been Zombie Holocaust or simply Zombi...not sure. But that fight was epic
It was Lucio Fulci’s 1979 Zombi 2 (aka Zombie).

[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:12 AM 10-18-2017
Originally Posted by lcarus:
I wouldn't call it "horror" but have you seen the Cube movies? There's some good death scenes.

The Cube like The Cube from the late 90s with Michael Rapoport as the autistic savant?

Good movie from what I remember but I had no idea they made it into a series.
[Reply]
lcarus 11:11 AM 10-18-2017
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
The Cube like The Cube from the late 90s with Michael Rapoport as the autistic savant?

Good movie from what I remember but I had no idea they made it into a series.
No I mean the movie Cube from 1997 where a group of bad actors wake up trapped in a cube made of booby trapped rooms.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:29 AM 10-18-2017
No I mean the movie Cube from 1997 where a group of bad actors wake up trapped in a cube made of booby trapped rooms.
We're talking about the same movie. For some reason, my brain replaced the no-name actor who played the autisitic savant with Michael Rapoport.

It's on Netflix right now if anyone's interested.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:56 PM 10-18-2017
Not really Horror, but i did see Gerald's Game last night. I was expecting more. I mean, it was aight.

But just aight.
[Reply]
ohiobronco2 03:20 PM 10-18-2017
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Not really Horror, but i did see Gerald's Game last night. I was expecting more. I mean, it was aight.

But just aight.
Bummer dude. I'll move it down my list. Going to watch The Fog tonight. The Carpenter version, not the crappy remake.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:27 PM 10-18-2017
Watched "Cult of Chucky" on Netflix a few weeks ago and i actually enjoyed it. It's the best "chucky" movie they've put out since the original Child's Play series.

Typical slasher status you'd expect. Some loopholes, sure. It is a Chucky movie afterall. But i thought it was filmed well, the soundtrack was good and it was entertaining slasher fun through out, without the over the top cheesiness.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 07:19 PM 10-18-2017
Watched "Cult of Chucky" on Netflix a few weeks ago and i actually enjoyed it. It's the best "chucky" movie they've put out since the original Child's Play series.

Typical slasher status you'd expect. Some loopholes, sure. It is a Chucky movie afterall. But i thought it was filmed well, the soundtrack was good and it was entertaining slasher fun through out, without the over the top cheesiness.
It was really fun. Better than any of the original 3.
[Reply]
ohiobronco2 10:28 PM 10-18-2017
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:
I'll have to give it a look then. I have always been partial to Child's Play. I was born in 82 and I remember seeing that as a little kid. The scene where the mother checks to see if Chucky has batteries and threatens to throw him in the fire is forever etched in my brain.
[Reply]
Swanman 08:01 AM 10-19-2017
I don't know if it's from the same series but I just watched "Cube Zero". Same concept and definitely a Saw vibe to it. I was entertained.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:43 AM 10-19-2017

Spoiler!

Originally Posted by Al Bundy:
**** you.

The original Child's Play was a ****ing great movie. The second one is also pretty damned good.
[Reply]
lcarus 09:01 AM 10-19-2017
Originally Posted by Swanman:
I don't know if it's from the same series but I just watched "Cube Zero". Same concept and definitely a Saw vibe to it. I was entertained.
Yeah it is. Cube Zero is the "prequel" to the first Cube, but it's the 3rd movie in the series. It was ok. I found the villain to be kind of entertaining, although he was just a huge cliche. I guess you didn't get the twist at the end if you haven't seen the first one. Oh well..watch the first one anyway. It's the best one out of the series. Cube 2 "Hypercube" is kinda bad , but worth watching if you like the others.
[Reply]
lcarus 09:07 AM 10-19-2017
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Spoiler!

**** you.

The original Child's Play was a ****ing great movie. The second one is also pretty damned good.
I love the first 3. The toy factory scene from part 2 is really cool. I watched Cult of Chucky last night. It was ok I guess. I really wish they would kill Tiffany. Her act just bugs me at this point. Did you watch the unrated version after credits scene? If so
Spoiler!

[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:36 AM 10-19-2017
**** yeah. The scene of the foster dad being killed in the basement, the foster older sister finding the non-living Chucky doll buried under the swing, the toy factory, etc. I also like when Chucky beats the teacher to death with the ruler :-) Child's Play 2 was ****ing awesome.

Damn, I'm going down memory lane right now. It is October. I'll probably have to go through and watch all these.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:23 AM 10-19-2017
Originally Posted by ohiobronco2:
I'll have to give it a look then. I have always been partial to Child's Play. I was born in 82 and I remember seeing that as a little kid. The scene where the mother checks to see if Chucky has batteries and threatens to throw him in the fire is forever etched in my brain.
Oh if you were a Child's Play kinda kid then you should watch Cult of Chucky for sure. I was pleasantly surprised. Didn't think i'd enjoy it as much as i did. Far better than the most recent 3.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 57
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Up