ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Media Center>Alright supergeeks, what comics are you into right now?
Portlantis 07:28 PM 07-28-2009
I am in the process of reading Jeff Smith's Bone and Kurt Busiek's Astro City.

Just finished All-Star Superman, which was fantastic. And I don't even like Superman. Grant Morrison is just that good.

I'm sure that I'm not the only person on this board who's secure enough in their geekiness to talk about comics they enjoy. So for those of you who are into that kind of thing, what comics are rocking your world right now?
[Reply]
TrickyNicky 07:53 PM 07-28-2009
Invincible and Walking Dead are always good. Kirkman kind of came out of no where and is writing two of the consistently most entertaining comics out there. DMZ is also pretty good but my LCS doesn't order it for some odd reason so I have to wait for TPBs.

The Boys is vintage Ennis. Ultra-violent, funny, and is just a crazy premise all around.

Batman and Robin limited just started by Morrison and Quitely but is a bit different in that i is in continuity where all star Superman was not. If you haven't been following the past two years it might be confusing who Damian is.

As always BPRD/anything Hellboy is worth your money.
[Reply]
meStevo 12:34 AM 07-29-2009
Wish i was still into comics, my first job in the mid-90s was at a comic store, worked there for 4 years. That ended as well as my comic book collecting with the Age of Apocalypse. Every so often I download a run of books or buy a TPB and can't believe all the stuff that's happened since. Some of it is crazy (how many more times has Jean died?) and some of it seems just stupid (how many mutants left?). Never had a thing for the Preachers and Sandmans of the comic world. Got to meet so many great talents, but was a bit young to really appreciate them. Glen Danzig, Sergio Argones, Jim Lee (and the whole Gen13 crew), the Stormwatch team, Peter David (friends w/ the other, put him and the store in Web of Spider Man #44), Chris Claremont, hell we even had Mr. T in to sign for his Mr. T and the T-Force comic. He folded my buddies comic in half to a page with Mr. T holding a crying baby... dude about fainted watching Mr. T ruin his comic lol.
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 02:18 AM 07-29-2009
Jsa jl flash rebirth and maybe green lantren
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
scorpio 09:00 AM 07-29-2009
Mostly usual fare: X-Men, Batman, etc. I pick up Grendel when it's out. Also reading through Y: The Last Man right now.
[Reply]
Buck 09:13 AM 07-29-2009
Just got back from Comic Con. I had only ever read DC before, so I wanted to give Marvel a chance.

I went with Civil War and its follow-up called the Initiative. So far so good (only through 3 chapters of Civil War).
[Reply]
scorpio 09:42 AM 07-29-2009
Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding:
Just got back from Comic Con. I had only ever read DC before, so I wanted to give Marvel a chance.

I went with Civil War and its follow-up called the Initiative. So far so good (only through 3 chapters of Civil War).

I thought Civil War was pretty meh. If you want a good jumping off point to the current state of the Marvel Universe, read "Avengers: Disassembled" and then "House of M" and then "Civil War", in that order.
[Reply]
Buck 10:01 AM 07-29-2009
Originally Posted by scorpio:
I thought Civil War was pretty meh. If you want a good jumping off point to the current state of the Marvel Universe, read "Avengers: Disassembled" and then "House of M" and then "Civil War", in that order.
Fuck. I bought The Initiative, then I realized that I should read Civil War first. Now you are telling me this? I don't know man.
[Reply]
scorpio 10:12 AM 07-29-2009
Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding:
****. I bought The Initiative, then I realized that I should read Civil War first. Now you are telling me this? I don't know man.
You can torrent all that shit. Use a reader like Comical to open the .cbr files.
[Reply]
scorpio 12:22 PM 07-29-2009
Oh and if you find yourself digging X-Men, definitely read "Messiah Complex" after "Civil War"
[Reply]
Portlantis 01:30 PM 07-29-2009
I'm really not a big fan of "House of M." It's sole purpose seamed to be to undo everything Morrison had accomplished in his New X-Men run, which in my opinion was the best writing in an X-Men comic since Claremont followed up the Proteus saga with the first appearance of the Hellfire Club, The Dark Phoenix Saga and Days of Future's Past.
[Reply]
Portlantis 01:31 PM 07-29-2009
You can torrent all that shit. Use a reader like Comical to open the .cbr files.
ComicRack is also a good one.
[Reply]
meStevo 07:30 PM 07-29-2009
I didnt even know there were alternatives, ive only used CDisplay for... a long time.

Edit: ComicRack is awesome.
[Reply]
Buck 08:29 PM 07-29-2009
Anyone here play HeroClix per chance?
[Reply]
Buck 04:51 PM 09-03-2010
Okay, The Walking Dead is sick, and so is Invincible. I have only read the first 3 trades, and I have number 4, which I am about to read. Amazon double shipped 2, 3, and 4 to me and I want to trade them for 5, 6, and 7, but I doubt any comic shop will do that.

I also have read the first trade for "Chew" its about a government agent who can tell anything about anything's past by eating it. Like if he eats a steak he can see when the cow was born or when it was slaughtered, etc. It helps him out a lot when "fighting crime."
[Reply]
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Up