ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Media Center>Ridley Scott's Robin Hood
Fire Me Boy! 05:08 AM 03-02-2009
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0955308/

Robin Hood: Gladiator in Tights

Russel Crowe and Cate Blanchett. I'm a huge fan of Crowe anyway, and doubly so when he's paired with Ridley Scott. Interested to see how it turns out. Should be a LOT better than Costner's version.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:48 PM 05-23-2010
Originally Posted by KC Fish:
I really liked Prince of Thieves. None of the stuff that others complain about bothered me at all in that movie.
I thought it was great too. Had some funny parts in it. It's been a long time though. Just an entertaining movie. but this is coming from a guy that thought Waterworld was good.
[Reply]
cardken 09:34 PM 05-23-2010
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I hate Prince of Thieves with a passion.

and im an Old School Costner fan from that era.
THIS! But it did perform:

Robin Hood:
Prince of Thieves

Domestic Total Gross: $165,493,908
Distributor: Warner Bros. Release Date: June 14, 1991
Genre: Period Adventure Runtime: 2 hrs. 23 min.
MPAA Rating: PG-13 Production Budget: $48 million
[Reply]
007 05:05 AM 06-07-2010
The first quarter of this movie was confusing as hell. Once the pieces started fitting together I really started to enjoy it though. I have never read the books. How well does this movie follow that line? I was kind of surprised that he knew Little John before Sherwood forest.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 06:30 PM 01-20-2022
The best two Robin Hoods: Errol Flynn and the animated Disney film.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:47 PM 01-20-2022
I loved the Kostner Robin Hood, despite its flaws. Great cast. A nice swashbuckling story with heart and humor. Rickman was hilarious, Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio was beautiful, Morgan Freeman was Morgan Freeman. Don't give a shit about the accents or lack thereof.

As far as the Crowe Robin Hood goes, all I remember is that I really, really disliked it and (much like the odious Mamoa Conan remake) did not finish it. I don't remember why. And I certainly have no interest in rewatching it to find out.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up