ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Media Center>Ridley Scott's Robin Hood
Fire Me Boy! 05:08 AM 03-02-2009
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0955308/

Robin Hood: Gladiator in Tights

Russel Crowe and Cate Blanchett. I'm a huge fan of Crowe anyway, and doubly so when he's paired with Ridley Scott. Interested to see how it turns out. Should be a LOT better than Costner's version.
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:14 PM 05-12-2010
Reviews are so far not good. 59% on rottentomatoes, 50% top critics. Community reviews are so far higher at 72%. 62 so far on metacritic.

It's rare to see Harry Knowles give a negative review, but he just put up one that blisters it: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/45053...9;s ROBIN HOOD

Kind of a shame, this is one of my favorite traditional stories.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:28 PM 05-12-2010
This thing is gonna flop big time.

Its got no heat at all. Nobody i know wants to see it.....

Makes me wonder WHY did they spend 100 mill + on it????? Whoever greenlit should be fired.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:30 PM 05-12-2010
50 percent isn't horrible. I guess I'll check out Iron Man 2 first, though.
[Reply]
KcMizzou 09:16 PM 05-12-2010
Originally Posted by GoChiefs:
50 percent isn't horrible. I guess I'll check out Iron Man 2 first, though.
Yeah, people think of RT's percentages as a grading scale. 95% = A, 85% = B, etc.

It's not that at all. 50% on Rottentomatos just means half the critics thought it was worth seeing.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:21 PM 05-12-2010
Originally Posted by KcMizzou:
Yeah, people think of RT's percentages as a grading scale. 95% = A, 85% = B, etc.

It's not that at all. 50% on Rottentomatos just means half the critics thought it was worth seeing.
Most everything ive read said its not a badly made movie.

Its just Blah...and whats the point kind of thing.
[Reply]
keg in kc 09:21 PM 05-12-2010
Movies I'd generally consider "good" personally (i.e. in my own opinion) tend to run 80 or higher on RT. If I'm vacillating about seeing something, 70 or higher will probably be okay, but anything below 60 is probably going to keep me home.

'course I usually read individual reviews to make up my mind, see why a movie's getting rated the way it is...
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:26 AM 05-16-2010
Saw it tonight. I enjoyed it. It was very well crafted, at least visually. I was captivated.

It had problems. Namely, it was a huge departure from Robin Hood, and tacking on THIS IS HOW ROBIN HOOD BEGAN!!! at the end didn't seem to fit. Had it been a mythical tale about some crusader who prevented a french invasion of England, I would feel better about it.

I still really liked it. Scott deserves a crack at the sequel and the real Robin Hood meat.

It did seem unrealistic that the King would just tell Robin to fuck off after turning back the French, though.
[Reply]
Brock 08:44 AM 05-16-2010
There were points in the movie where I was thinking about if my car needed an oil change. Parts of it were okay, but I'm not happy I lost the coin flip between this and Iron Man 2.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 09:13 AM 05-16-2010
Originally Posted by Brock:
There were points in the movie where I was thinking about if my car needed an oil change. Parts of it were okay, but I'm not happy I lost the coin flip between this and Iron Man 2.
Oh man. If I had a choice between RH and IM2, it would have been IM2. I might have told the group I was with I'd see them after the movie and I was going to Iron Man.

I'm with you. Overall Robin Hood was a disappointment.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:18 AM 05-16-2010
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
I'm with you. Overall Robin Hood was a disappointment.
Thats too bad.

Seems people are most upset about the fact that its called Robin Hood when its not really Robin Hood.

Its like if you made a movie called Iron Man then showed two hours of Tony Stark running his business before he actually became Iron Man.
[Reply]
QuikSsurfer 02:19 PM 05-16-2010
I enjoyed it
[Reply]
luv 10:12 PM 05-16-2010
I saw it tonight. Followed the books, but definitely took some liberties. I'll see the sequel.
[Reply]
Sully 10:58 AM 05-17-2010
I don't want to be a dick, but...

One of the worst movies I've ever seen.

From the convoluted story, to poor acting, to terrible camerawork.

It was horrible.
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 11:00 AM 05-17-2010
I'm thinking Netflix at best. Probably not at all. I just don't have any real interest. But I hope it's good for those who are looking forward to it.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:31 PM 05-23-2010
I finally got around to seeing this. I thought it was well done.

The acting was good. Especially on the part of Blanchet. I haven't really read the books, but I thought it was an interesting take.

The battle scenes were well done, the bad guy was well done. There were a tremendous amount of characters to follow and I thought they did an acceptable job managing.

I enjoyed it. I'll buy it.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up