ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Media Center>Ridley Scott's Robin Hood
Fire Me Boy! 05:08 AM 03-02-2009
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0955308/

Robin Hood: Gladiator in Tights

Russel Crowe and Cate Blanchett. I'm a huge fan of Crowe anyway, and doubly so when he's paired with Ridley Scott. Interested to see how it turns out. Should be a LOT better than Costner's version.
[Reply]
tomahawk kid 02:39 PM 03-03-2009
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I don't know what to think about this movie.

They've changed the script so many times, it's hard to say exactly what they'll be shooting.

For quite a while, Russell Crowe was set to play both Robin Hood AND the Sheriff of Nottingham.

Then, it was going to be a very realistic portrayal at the end of the Crusades, with very little screen time for the Sheriff.

I think Scott just wants to shoot something before his option is up. I'll be shocked (though pleasantly surprised) if this movie is worth two shits.

Why would Crowe play both?

That sounds awful.....
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 02:50 PM 03-03-2009
Originally Posted by tomahawk kid:
Why would Crowe play both?

That sounds awful.....
Not play both.

One of the incarnations of the script was called "Nottingham," told from the perspective of the Sheriff. I believe in that script, Crowe was set to play Nottingham.

Basically, whatever version you read, Crowe is the lead character.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:24 PM 03-03-2009
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Not play both.

One of the incarnations of the script was called "Nottingham," told from the perspective of the Sheriff. I believe in that script, Crowe was set to play Nottingham.

Basically, whatever version you read, Crowe is the lead character.
There WAS a version where Crowe was set to play both Robin Hood AND the Sheriff.

Personally, I think that would be quite interesting but it didn't garner much support with the Warner Bros brass.
[Reply]
007 12:19 AM 03-04-2009
There WAS a version where Crowe was set to play both Robin Hood AND the Sheriff.

Personally, I think that would be quite interesting but it didn't garner much support with the Warner Bros brass.
I really hate that idea. I wish they would stop trying to pull things like that off in movies. Even the comedies.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:38 AM 03-04-2009

:-)

Ever see Free Enterprise? Idea based around two Trekkies who caught up with William Shatner. He had a movie idea of doing a full film (musical) version of Julius Caesar, where he played every role.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:58 AM 03-04-2009
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
:-)

Ever see Free Enterprise? Idea based around two Trekkies who caught up with William Shatner. He had a movie idea of doing a full film (musical) version of Julius Caesar, where he played every role.
Yeah, of course. It's hilarious and painful at the same time.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:59 AM 03-04-2009
Originally Posted by Guru:
I really hate that idea. I wish they would stop trying to pull things like that off in movies. Even the comedies.
Well, I think the point of doing the movie in that manner is to illustrate or imply that Robin Hood and the Sheriff ARE the same person.

Two sides of the same coin.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:05 PM 03-04-2009
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
i think russell will need to lose some weight

heh, at his current weight, he would be perfect for Little John.
[Reply]
keg in kc 12:10 PM 03-04-2009
Well, I think the point of doing the movie in that manner is to illustrate or imply that Robin Hood and the Sheriff ARE the same person.

Two sides of the same coin.
I always wondered how they were going to fit that into the whole King Richard/Prince John part of the mythos.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 03:31 PM 03-04-2009
Originally Posted by Guru:
It was great in South Park, esp w/ the slightly-off kilter split screen effect. :-)
[Reply]
Stinger 11:36 AM 12-15-2009
RIDLEY SCOTT'S latest epic Robin Hood makes Gladiator look like a budget flick.

The Brit filmmaker has carved up another dose of cinematic magic with RUSSELL CROWE as the hero.

The stunning landscapes and juicy fight scenes look like something straight out of Lord of the Rings.

And there's plenty of muscle for the ladies and sword-slashing for the blokes.

CATE BLANCHETT also stars as Maid Marion and MARK STRONG, currently playing the villain in Sherlock Holmes, plays baddie Sir Godfrey.

The film follows the legendary archer who steals from the rich to feed the poor.

Robin Hood is set for release in May 2010.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz0ZmOJnjGH

To see our trailer, watch below:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...&vxBitrate=300
[Reply]
The Rick 03:31 PM 12-15-2009
Wow...looks awesome! Can't wait!

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:41 PM 12-15-2009
Looks more like Ivanhoe than Robin Hood.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:46 PM 12-15-2009
I was watching football with a VP a Uni this week and he said it's a "re-imagination", much like the new Sherlock Holmes film.

Robin Hood will be closer to James Bond in this movie.
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:47 PM 12-15-2009
Gladiator: The Reckoning.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up