ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Media Center>Ridley Scott's Robin Hood
Fire Me Boy! 05:08 AM 03-02-2009
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0955308/

Robin Hood: Gladiator in Tights

Russel Crowe and Cate Blanchett. I'm a huge fan of Crowe anyway, and doubly so when he's paired with Ridley Scott. Interested to see how it turns out. Should be a LOT better than Costner's version.
[Reply]
blaise 06:23 PM 03-02-2009
Ridley Scott was also supposed to be making a version of Blood Meridian (based on the book by Cormac McCarthy), but it never seems to be going anywhere. I read a quote that said he didn't know if it could be done, and having read the book I honestly don't see how it could be made into a film - it's basically nonstop violence.
Kevin Costner's Robin Hood was a disaster, and you can say that Napoleon Dynomite was for people of lower IQs, and I'm not saying it's Oscar worthy or anything, but it's about 10,000 times better than that Costner Robin Hood because it was entertaining. It was a funny movie and fairly imaginative. Robin Hood was a sucky waste of time. It's like a one star movie at best.
[Reply]
KcMizzou 06:29 PM 03-02-2009
You know it's trueeeee.... Everything I dooooooo....
[Reply]
KcMizzou 06:30 PM 03-02-2009
Crowe plays both Robin Hood and the Sheriff of Nottingham... :-)

Wonder how that will work.
[Reply]
Fish 03-02-2009, 06:35 PM
This message has been deleted by Fish.
DaneMcCloud 06:36 PM 03-02-2009
Originally Posted by KcMizzou:
Crowe plays both Robin Hood and the Sheriff of Nottingham... :-)

Wonder how that will work.
Actually, they re-wrote the script and that aspect has been throw out.

It's been re-written like six times.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:37 PM 03-02-2009
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Morgan Freeman was the shit!!!!!!!!
Truth.

The acting was ass, but I really enjoyed the movie, probably primarily because of Freeman.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:37 PM 03-02-2009
You know it's trueeeee.... Everything I dooooooo....
I do it for you.......

Although a huge hit for him, that song completely destroyed his rocker cred.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:50 PM 03-02-2009
They need to re-shoot the Disney version with live-action actors instead of foxes.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:45 PM 03-02-2009
Originally Posted by Claythan:
They need to re-shoot the Disney version with live-action actors instead of foxes.
Fuck that. Don't mess with the classics. :-)
[Reply]
Nightwish 09:45 PM 03-02-2009
Originally Posted by blaise:
Kevin Costner's Robin Hood was a disaster, and you can say that Napoleon Dynomite was for people of lower IQs, and I'm not saying it's Oscar worthy or anything, but it's about 10,000 times better than that Costner Robin Hood because it was entertaining. It was a funny movie and fairly imaginative. Robin Hood was a sucky waste of time. It's like a one star movie at best.
On that, we'll have to agree to disagree. "Funny" and "entertaining" are very subjective. To me, Prince of Thieves had at least moderate entertainment value. Dynamite had none whatsoever, no imagination, asinine humor (if it could even be called humor) - in short, it was the biggest shitfest I've ever seen on the silver screen.
[Reply]
KcMizzou 11:01 PM 03-02-2009
Originally Posted by Nightwish:
On that, we'll have to agree to disagree. "Funny" and "entertaining" are very subjective. To me, Prince of Thieves had at least moderate entertainment value. Dynamite had none whatsoever, no imagination, asinine humor (if it could even be called humor) - in short, it was the biggest shitfest I've ever seen on the silver screen.
Fwiw, I agree with you, on both.
[Reply]
KcMizzou 11:06 PM 03-02-2009
The only thing good about Napoleon Dynamite were the quotes that became ****ing tired within' two months of the release. You were screwed if all your friends were spouting them, because really, that's all there was to the film.

Yeah, he's awkward... heheh... ok. What now?

Juno gets a ton of shit for being quirky, but it's about 100 times better.
[Reply]
Nightwish 11:11 PM 03-02-2009
Juno wasn't too shabby. There was some thought behind that film. Of course, the fact that the actress who played Juno also played my alltime favorite superheroine didn't hurt matters!
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:12 PM 03-02-2009
The only thing good about Napoleon Dynamite were the quotes that became ****ing tired within' two months of the release. You were screwed if all your friends were spouting them, because really, that's all there was to the film.

Yeah, he's awkward... heheh... ok. What now?

I like ND better than Juno.

Though for me that's like saying I like pigshit more than horseshit.

They both taste like shit.
[Reply]
007 01:20 AM 03-03-2009
ND is one of the all time worst movies I have ever seen. But my wife absolutely loves it which drives me insane.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 02:33 PM 03-03-2009
i think russell will need to lose some weight
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up