ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 19
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Media Center>NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN
J Diddy 12:27 AM 11-22-2008
STUPIDEST ****ING ENDING EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plus all the entertainment of other things.
[Reply]
Fairplay 10:23 AM 11-22-2008
Also, from what i gather they put these movies before test audiences and give them a questionnaire to fill out, one question stating what they thought of the ending.

So the Coen brothers already knew what was coming around the corner for them.

I'm sure there were people in Hollywood suggesting to the Coen brothers to change it.

But they didn't go along with it.

Maybe they should have had two different endings for the DVD.

One for the intelligent crowd and one for typical Hollywood endings.
Insert which CD fits you.
[Reply]
raybec 4 10:23 AM 11-22-2008
Originally Posted by Delano:
If you don't have compassion for that little boy, you don't have a soul. Annoying? Please...
Maybe I am a glaring example of the problem (neat packages, no imagination etc.) but I for some reason found it hard to get attached to "the boy" or "the man". Icould not get past the fact that they remained un-named
[Reply]
blaise 10:33 AM 11-22-2008
I can't understand why it matters if they were named. It just shows that the world no longer cares about names, professions or anything else.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:37 AM 11-22-2008
Originally Posted by blaise:
Why does he feel pain when Rutger Hauer is kicking his ass?
If you rewatch the entire movie, you'll see a few clues alluding to the fact that his character may be an android as well.

That's one of the reasons the film is so highly revered. It's kind of like "Catcher in the Rye". The author never really comes out and tells you that he's talking to a therapist the entire time.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:40 AM 11-22-2008
I'm not going to lie, I thought it was a clever movie, but for them to kill a character I had been attached to 3/5 of the way through the movie kind of pissed me off. It differs from the Departed because not only did Leo die, Wahlberg gets revenge on Damon at the end of the movie and it seems some justice was at least achieved. (pardon me for not knowing actual character names)
[Reply]
raybec 4 10:41 AM 11-22-2008
I can't explain it, it just bugged me, I was at least hoping for some hint of a name when he was remembering his wife. I just couldn't find the humanity I guess, I don't even think that makes sense but names would have given them an element of their humanity that I probably needed. I felt that the father should have at least referred to his son by name.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:49 AM 11-22-2008
That ending made me want to beat the shit out of somebody. It sucked dick.

Would you have liked The Godfather if Al Pacino had been killed offscreeen?

Would you have liked Unforgiven if it had ended with Clint Eastwood getting sideswiped off his horse by an out-of-control wagon?

Would you have liked Seven if the box hadn't been delivered because the delivery truck broke down?

FUCK THAT ENDING.
[Reply]
Lzen 11:31 AM 11-22-2008
Yeah, I didn't care much for. And no, I am not one who loves a lot of the canned Hollywood flicks. Just didn't think this movie lived up to the hype, frankly. But hey, we are entitled to our opinions. Doesn't mean one is better than the others.
[Reply]
KcMizzou 11:36 AM 11-22-2008
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Yeah, I didn't care much for. And no, I am not one who loves a lot of the canned Hollywood flicks. Just didn't think this movie lived up to the hype, frankly. But hey, we are entitled to our opinions. Doesn't mean one is better than the others.
I agree. It was good, but geez... the hype was unreal.
[Reply]
blaise 12:08 PM 11-22-2008
Another of McCarthy's books is being adapted into a movie- Blood Meridian. I honestly don't see how they're going to do it. It's basically non stop killing all the way through.
[Reply]
J Diddy 12:09 PM 11-22-2008
Another of McCarthy's books is being adapted into a movie- Blood Meridian. I honestly don't see how they're going to do it. It's basically non stop killing all the way through.

until what? the end, they just fade to black.
[Reply]
patteeu 12:14 PM 11-22-2008
Originally Posted by Fairplay:
The ending did take me off guard for a few moments.

But after thinking about it. I thought it was a good ending.

I also thought, that along with the title of the movie, it was about the sheriff and the changes going on that he ultimately can't control.

Like Otter said, it's not a typical dumbed down ending Hollywood style. At that is what i found most people complaining about.
The title of the movie was definitely helpful in that regard.
[Reply]
Reaper16 12:16 PM 11-22-2008
Some people are not very receptive to art.
[Reply]
blaise 02:42 PM 11-22-2008
Originally Posted by J Diddy:
until what? the end, they just fade to black.
More or less actually. I'll put it this way: if you didn't like the ending to No Country For Old Men, I doubt you'll like the ending to Blood Meridian.
[Reply]
noa 02:50 PM 11-22-2008
More or less actually. I'll put it this way: if you didn't like the ending to No Country For Old Men, I doubt you'll like the ending to Blood Meridian.
Yeah, no kidding. Blood Meridian has a very similar anti-climactic ending, although there are various theories about exactly what goes on in that outhouse. I never really cared to know that much.

I think the movie could be good, but there's definitely some stuff I don't think the MPAA would let them get away with if its true to the book.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 19
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up