ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 19
< 123 456713 > Last »
Media Center>NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN
J Diddy 12:27 AM 11-22-2008
STUPIDEST ****ING ENDING EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plus all the entertainment of other things.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:06 AM 11-22-2008
Originally Posted by blaise:
I guess some people like cookie cutter movies with nice easy endings all the time. Maybe we should just make Lethal Weapon movies again and again.
Most film watchers these days have been conditioned for everything to have a nice happy clean ending.

People do not like open ended or ambiguous endings.

Thats partially the dumbing down of mainstream hollywood flicks and partially the nature of movie watching itself. Its a completely different experience than reading a book obviously.
[Reply]
raybec 4 09:09 AM 11-22-2008
To me this movie represented what is probably the most accurate true to life ending I've ever seen. The bad guy gets away and everyone else just moves on. That's the way things go sometimes. It's not Hollywood glory but I found it to be very entertaining.
[Reply]
Otter 09:11 AM 11-22-2008
Originally Posted by SportsRacer:
The ending was great, but I stopped trying to argue why a long time ago.
What he said.

If you want a nice happy ending at the end of your story with all the ends tied up so you can go to bed without having to think about what happened go watch that bile that Michael Bay regurgitates.

Bet you loved "Transformers" didn't you?

Evil "won", life isn't fair and God forbid your asked to use your imagination a bit.
[Reply]
raybec 4 09:13 AM 11-22-2008
Originally Posted by ragedogg69:
Its a very un-hollywood ending that is for sure. The problem is the author (McCarther?) is notorious for have slow build up through out his stories with very disappointing endings. Like you want to burn the book its so maddening.

The Road is the same way. except you have a little kid through out the story annoying the shit out of you. Look for that hitting theaters next year. I will avoid it like the plague.

Not a problem with the Coen Brothers, they are good storytellers, but they had a horrible story to work with in NCFOM.
The onlr real problem I had with "The Road" is nobody has a fucking name, what the fuck is that about?
[Reply]
Brock 09:13 AM 11-22-2008
I didn't care about the ending, as everything that came before it was awesomeness.
[Reply]
J Diddy 09:15 AM 11-22-2008
Originally Posted by Otter:
What he said.

If you want a nice happy ending at the end of your story with all the ends tied up so you can go to bed without having to think about what happened go watch that bile that Michael Bay regurgitates.

Bet you loved "Transformers" didn't you?

Evil "won", life isn't fair and God forbid your asked to use your imagination a bit.

If I want to use my imagination I will imagine the beginning and the end or perhaps read a book. I watch a movie to get the director/casts interpretation of the story.

FWIW, I loved the Transformers movie, but I don't see how that applies here.
[Reply]
J Diddy 09:16 AM 11-22-2008
Originally Posted by Brock:
I didn't care about the ending, as everything that came before it was awesomeness.
I would agree. i was totally into the movie then it just seemed to stop.
[Reply]
patteeu 09:43 AM 11-22-2008
Originally Posted by Brock:
That's what I was thinking too.

At first, the ending caught me off guard, but after thinking about it I thought it made sense for the reasons already mentioned. If the body of the movie hadn't been so excellent, I might not have bothered thinking about what initially seemed like a "WTF ending" and might have just written it off as a weird ending to a bad movie.
[Reply]
patteeu 09:44 AM 11-22-2008
I liked Transformers and didn't have a clue that Harrison Ford's Blade Runner character was an android. Is that for real?
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:48 AM 11-22-2008
Originally Posted by patteeu:
I liked Transformers and didn't have a clue that Harrison Ford's Blade Runner character was an android. Is that for real?
I think in the original cut, there is no mention of it or allusion to it. There are however different versions of it where it might be mentioned??
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:54 AM 11-22-2008
I posted a similar question in the Movies thread and got a similar answer.

Knowing what I know now, I appreciate the movie and that aspect, but I went in wanting some mad passionate mindless violence.

It's a pretty good flick and definitely one that makes you think, but it is certainly not one of my all time favorites.
[Reply]
Otter 10:01 AM 11-22-2008
Originally Posted by J Diddy:
If I want to use my imagination I will imagine the beginning and the end or perhaps read a book. I watch a movie to get the director/casts interpretation of the story.

FWIW, I loved the Transformers movie, but I don't see how that applies here.
I was more or less ranting about the movies I consider 'canned' like transformers vs. a unique interpretation such as 'No Country for Old Men”.

Many people seemed to dislike the film because everything isn’t wrapped up in a neat little package and topped off with the bad guy being brought to justice and the husband and wife living happily ever after like some quasi Disney Film.

I had a good friend become mad at the film because they didn’t show Chigurh killing Llewelyn’s wife. I tried to explain the parallel of when he walked onto the porch after that scene and looked at his shoes. Remember when he killed Carson (Woody)? See the parallel?

Subtlety is good.

It just pisses me off when people get mad at a movie because it isn’t dumbed down enough and lacks an ending where every little detail is explained so a feeling of closure can happen at the ending credits. Use your imagination, fill in the blanks.

If that’s not the case here I apologize but to me this problem just adds to the dumbed down, regurgitated, no substance shit like Michael Bay puts out and it pisses me off!

:-) end rant
[Reply]
Delano 10:07 AM 11-22-2008
Originally Posted by ragedogg69:
Its a very un-hollywood ending that is for sure. The problem is the author (McCarther?) is notorious for have slow build up through out his stories with very disappointing endings. Like you want to burn the book its so maddening.

The Road is the same way. except you have a little kid through out the story annoying the shit out of you. Look for that hitting theaters next year. I will avoid it like the plague.

Not a problem with the Coen Brothers, they are good storytellers, but they had a horrible story to work with in NCFOM.
If you don't have compassion for that little boy, you don't have a soul. Annoying? Please...
[Reply]
Fairplay 10:16 AM 11-22-2008
The ending did take me off guard for a few moments.

But after thinking about it. I thought it was a good ending.

I also thought, that along with the title of the movie, it was about the sheriff and the changes going on that he ultimately can't control.

Like Otter said, it's not a typical dumbed down ending Hollywood style. At that is what i found most people complaining about.
[Reply]
blaise 10:19 AM 11-22-2008
Originally Posted by Delano:
If you don't have compassion for that little boy, you don't have a soul. Annoying? Please...
Agreed 100%.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 19
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up