ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 19
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Media Center>NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN
J Diddy 12:27 AM 11-22-2008
STUPIDEST ****ING ENDING EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plus all the entertainment of other things.
[Reply]
burt 09:49 PM 11-23-2008
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
I think its fine that you hate the ending.

I also think that my metaphor is getting twisted all around. My clarification that you quoted about the sky appearing blue to everyone with functioning senses was not tied into the movie. That was literally applied to how humans perceive the sky. If our senses are functioning, we see a clear sky as blue. Period.
You are a blathering idiot if you believe because YOU percieve something to be blue...it is. You misdirect in your arguments and you are inanly stupid. Perception, in reality is NOT always actually reality. ART IS SUBJECTIVE you asswipe. And are these people with functioning senses functioning because they agree with YOU? I bet you like rap, don't you?.....
[Reply]
J Diddy 09:52 PM 11-23-2008
Originally Posted by T.B.A.:
You are a blathering idiot if you believe because YOU percieve something to be blue...it is. You misdirect in your arguments and you are inanly stupid. Perception, in reality is NOT always actually reality. ART IS SUBJECTIVE you asswipe. And are these people with functioning senses functioning because they agree with YOU? I bet you like rap, don't you?.....

What's wrong with rap?
[Reply]
Reaper16 09:55 PM 11-23-2008
Drop the angle on art for a second. I am not making an overlay to art with what I am about to say: Humans, with senses operating normally, perceive a clear sky to be blue. Can you actually disagree with this?

NOW, bringing art back into it: I was obviously being condescending. But you started discussing epistemology with me, and so I continued my line of reasoning a little bit.
[Reply]
Reaper16 09:55 PM 11-23-2008
And yeah, I love rap.
[Reply]
burt 09:57 PM 11-23-2008
Originally Posted by J Diddy:
So if I read a book and then I tell you about it, is that art? It's a wildly different medium.
Dude, we are arguing a losing battle. Reaper knows it all. If he says it is.....it is. Sense and sensablity have nothing to do with it. In one statement the movie is art. Yet we are not allowed to perceive it as shit. Because Reaper doesn't believe art is INTERPRETIVE! If he likes it, it is good, if we like it...we are stupid. Damn, I will build an alter to the demi-god that is Reaper!:-)
[Reply]
Reaper16 09:59 PM 11-23-2008
Originally Posted by J Diddy:
So if I read a book and then I tell you about it, is that art? It's a wildly different medium.
No.

I don't see the Cohen's merely "telling" the audience about the novel. I see them making artistic choices all over the place. I see them taking the novel and using as a springboard to comment on the nature of the "suspense/action" film genre and on traditional movie narrative. They did not just give a synopsis of the novel, they used the novel and did something extra with it that was conducive to a film-watching experience.
[Reply]
burt 09:59 PM 11-23-2008
I was obviously being condescending.
No....not you.....and I coulda figured with your lack of reasoning abilities...that you liked rap.
[Reply]
Reaper16 10:01 PM 11-23-2008
Dude, we are arguing a losing battle. Reaper knows it all. If he says it is.....it is. Sense and sensablity have nothing to do with it. In one statement the movie is art. Yet we are not allowed to perceive it as shit. Because Reaper doesn't believe art is INTERPRETIVE! If he likes it, it is good, if we like it...we are stupid. Damn, I will build an alter to the demi-god that is Reaper!:-)
You are really giving an incorrect assessment of what I have been arguing.
[Reply]
burt 10:01 PM 11-23-2008
No.

I don't see ....... I see ........ I see
POINT MADE! FUCKING ELITIST WANNABE. I seee, I see...and I am always right.
[Reply]
burt 10:02 PM 11-23-2008
You are really giving an incorrect assessment of what I have been arguing.
and you can't follow a single line of logic.
[Reply]
Reaper16 10:02 PM 11-23-2008
No....not you.....and I coulda figured with your lack of reasoning abilities...that you liked rap.
lol
[Reply]
bango 10:04 PM 11-23-2008
Does this mean that there will not be a sequel?
[Reply]
J Diddy 10:04 PM 11-23-2008
No.

I don't see the Cohen's merely "telling" the audience about the novel. I see them making artistic choices all over the place. I see them taking the novel and using as a springboard to comment on the nature of the "suspense/action" film genre and on traditional movie narrative. They did not just give a synopsis of the novel, they used the novel and did something extra with it that was conducive to a film-watching experience.
So if I give an interpretation of the book in the conversation then it would be art??
[Reply]
bango 10:04 PM 11-23-2008
Would this be the wrong time to bring up the briefcase in Pulp Fiction?
[Reply]
burt 10:05 PM 11-23-2008
Originally Posted by bango:
Does this mean that there will not be a sequel?
NO THEY ALL FUCKING DIED.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 19
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Up