Simple question...
[Reply]
Jenson71 08:06 PM 05-18-2005
Originally Posted by raiderhader:
And I did not take it that way.
I know, I'm just giving you crap.
[Reply]
philfree 06:51 PM 05-20-2005
Kenny's making the bucks and he's got the country girls wrapped around his little digit and I can't knock that. I wished I sucked that bad..........

When the sun goes down
We'll be groovin
When the sun goes down
We'll be doing alright
When the sun sinks down over the water
Every thing is hotter when the sun goes down

PhilFree:-)
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 08:31 AM 01-20-2022
It is amazing how he started in the 1990s and still makes the charts.

They never aged him out yet like they did to basically every other 1990s country singer.

As for his music, I like some of his songs. He brings an energy to his music that elevates it beyond the typical Nashville schlock. But it is a sad indictment on Nashville country music that he has been one of the headliners of the last 20 years.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:31 AM 01-20-2022
All country music sucks.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 02:14 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
All country music sucks.
What passes for country music these days anyway, aka twang pop.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 02:17 PM 01-20-2022
Pop Country is a blight on music.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:29 PM 01-20-2022
Who else is a member of ‘No Shoes Nation’ ?
[Reply]
Frazod 04:08 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
Pop Country is a blight on music.
Boy that's no shit. I remember one day I while I was stuck in traffic I started scanning the radio to see if any new stations had popped up worth adding to my presets. Heard a country song that I liked on a station I was unfamiliar with, so I added it. That was probably a couple of years ago, and to this day I've never heard anything else that wasn't awful. Like incomprehensively awful. I can't even imagine how some of that shit is considered country.

I would remove the station from the presets, but since I have 27 presets and there are only five FM stations up here that I can stand (including one news station), what's the point? Of the other four stations, three pretty much seem to play the same 20 songs on a loop, but at least they're mostly songs that I like, and the last one has a deeper selection, but about half the songs are from the 90s grunge era, and I hate grunge like I hate Denver.

I simply don't drive enough to justify the expense of XM or Sirius, so I either just deal with it or listen to my own playlists. IMO, radios that link to smart phones are the best thing to happen to cars since air conditioning.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:17 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
What passes for country music these days anyway, aka twang pop.
I love the oldies like Cash, Haggard, Jennings, Nelson, Williams Sr etc etc

But yeah, this new breed can fuck straight off... and that definitely includes Cheesney and his beach bum schtick

I love EVERYTHING about beach life/culture, but none of it has anything to do with country music IMO... new country sucks dognuts, they're all far more interested in being accepted by Hollywood than they are representing country music fans
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:42 AM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I love the oldies like Cash, Haggard, Jennings, Nelson, Williams Sr etc etc

But yeah, this new breed can fuck straight off... and that definitely includes Cheesney and his beach bum schtick

I love EVERYTHING about beach life/culture, but none of it has anything to do with country music IMO... new country sucks dognuts, they're all far more interested in being accepted by Hollywood than they are representing country music fans
I'm listening to John Prine this morning. Fucking amazing.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Up