Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Media Center>Does Kenny Chesney suck?
Jenson71 08:44 PM 05-17-2005
Simple question...
[Reply]
Mosbonian 10:38 AM 05-18-2005
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
I prefer the older stuff. Waylon, Some David Alan Coe (only hell my mama ever raised, the ride...) George Jones(check out "radio lover), Cash, Hag....

I don't like the country that could be played on a pop station at all.....the closest to those artist that I can stand is Keith Urban. I seriously dislike faith hill these days.............I prefer Sara Evans, Leanne Womack et al.

Tim McGraw would make me a fan if he'd do more "back when" and less pffffffffft.
LeAnn Womack....:-) :-)

Sara Evans lives around here somewhere...several people I work with have actually met her.

Did you see the CMT special the other day? The Top 40 Men of Country......Johnny Cash was number one, as he should be. As you can see, most of the Top 10 are dominated by the traditional country artists.....

10 Alan Jackson
9 George Strait
8 Conway Twitty
7 Garth Brooks
6 Merle Haggard
5 Waylon Jennings
4 Willie Nelson
3 George Jones
2 Hank Williams
1 Johnny Cash

mmaddog
[Reply]
Iowanian 10:39 AM 05-18-2005
Kieth Whitley should be up near the top of that list.
He was one of the best song writers in decades IMO.
[Reply]
Dave Lane 10:41 AM 05-18-2005
Hes country therefore he sucks...

Dave

Not sure that he's country but someone said he is. Never heard of the dude myself.
[Reply]
Iowanian 10:43 AM 05-18-2005
Dave only enjoys the music of the Skin flutes. He's very accomplished player I hear. Never played one myself.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 10:55 AM 05-18-2005
Kieth Whitley should be up near the top of that list.
He was one of the best song writers in decades IMO.
Although it's unfair, i can sum up in two words the reason that you'll never see much written about him and commerial success:

Lorrie Morgan

mmaddog
[Reply]
Dave Lane 11:25 AM 05-18-2005
Dave only enjoys the music of the Skin flutes. He's very accomplished player I hear. Never played one myself.
I'd say I learned from the best but I am sure your modesty would prevent you from fully standing in the spotlight you deserve.

:-)

Dave
[Reply]
Clint in Wichita 11:57 AM 05-18-2005
Originally Posted by Dave Lane:
Hes country therefore he sucks...

Dave

Not sure that he's country but someone said he is. Never heard of the dude myself.

I agree.

Like Dr. House said last night:

"The only thing worse than being useless is being useless and oblivious."

I think I'll make that my signature.
[Reply]
RedNFeisty 12:14 PM 05-18-2005
Originally Posted by ck_IN:
I am sure that she didn't come out and say buy me a car for payment, and no one would turn down a car. I look at it as just being a perk for boning a star!

So what would a hotwheels replica of the car she got get me? Come on girl lets negotiate!! :-)
LOL

A an upper cut in the gut for thinking I wouldn't have standards!
[Reply]
Uncle_Ted 12:17 PM 05-18-2005
Originally Posted by Jenson71:
Simple question...
Does gochiefs wear C3PO underoos?
[Reply]
Clint in Wichita 12:20 PM 05-18-2005
Originally Posted by RedNFeisty:
LOL

A an upper cut in the gut for thinking I wouldn't have standards!

Don't be so mean, honey. Maybe we could let him lick our leavin's off the blankets when we're done.

It's gotta be a Hot Wheels, though. None of that Matchbox shit.
[Reply]
RedNFeisty 12:27 PM 05-18-2005
Originally Posted by Clint in Wichita:

Don't be so mean, honey. Maybe we could let him lick our leavin's off the blankets when we're done.

It's gotta be a Hot Wheels, though. None of that Matchbox shit.
Hell no, I want a Monster Truck!

[Reply]
donkhater 12:46 PM 05-18-2005
Went to a Chiefs/Indy game back when Gunther was HC. He did the national anthem and just butchered it. The words were even being shown on the jumbotron inside the stadium. I didn't know who he was back then, but ever since then, I just laugh at the idea of him being a professional singer.
[Reply]
Iowanian 12:52 PM 05-18-2005
Originally Posted by RedNFeisty:

I've heard of a Hot Carl, Cleveland Steamer and the filthy sanchez, but the "Monster truck" has to be some serious debauchery.
[Reply]
Clint in Wichita 12:55 PM 05-18-2005
I've heard of a Hot Carl, Cleveland Steamer and the filthy sanchez, but the "Monster truck" has to be some serious debauchery.

We call it that because when I drink a jar of salsa, I produce things that are loud, smelly, and can crumple metal.
[Reply]
ck_IN 01:01 PM 05-18-2005

I think I saw a radio controlled one in Kaybee's the other day. :-) That should get me something that Clint would recognize.

I never doubted you had standards ma'am. I was merely attempting to determine exactly how low they were. :-)
[Reply]
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Up