ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Nzoner's Game Room>Willie Gay will Play says Reid
LongSufferingToady 02:28 AM 01-22-2022
Despite the fact that he was arrested earlier this week for a misdemeanor criminal damage to property charge, Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Willie Gay has been given the green light to play on Sunday night against the Buffalo Bills. Head coach Andy Reid confirmed his decision to team reporters on Friday.

The Chiefs are preparing for the Divisional Round of the NFL playoffs by hosting the Bills at Arrowhead Stadium.

On Thursday, news broke that Gay had been arrested in Johnson County on Wednesday night for allegedly getting into an argument with the mother of his son and, in the process, per the police report, breaking or causing damage to an array of items like a humidifier, cell phone screen, vacuum, and wall. The total cost was under $1,000.

The Chiefs are comfortable letting Willie Gay Jr. take the field on Sunday.
Gay was released on Thursday after posting bond and pleading not guilty to the charges. He missed practice due to his legal issues, and at the time, the team deflected questions about whether or not Gay would play on Sunday until the head coach could speak instead of the slate of assistants who were made available to the media on Thursday.

Reid didn’t feel any need to divulge his reasons for letting Gay play. Instead, he acknowledged that the information presented to him was enough to make him comfortable with the decision to proceed. Here’s Reid’s full quote, per Sam McDowell of the Star:

“I decided he’d play. I’m not going to get into the conversations. I’m not going to do that. I decided that after just hearing some of the information that I heard.”

The Chiefs are going to be glad to get Gay back onto the field against such a tough opponent in Buffalo. As the team’s most talented linebacker, he should be a significant chess piece utilized on Sunday against Josh Allen‘s scrambling ability and Dawson Knox‘s red zone talents.

The Chiefs host the Bills on Sunday night at 5:30 p.m. C.T.

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2022/01/...play-vs-bills/
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:43 AM 01-22-2022
If he's playing twice we should shut them out
[Reply]
Simply Red 02:44 AM 01-22-2022
32-20 KC
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 03:16 AM 01-22-2022
I wish Andy would say that OP won't be posting...
[Reply]
Flying High D 03:26 AM 01-22-2022
“ I decided that after just hearing some of the information that I heard.”

Gay representative in the right ear and Gay lawyer in the left ear.
[Reply]
D.A.P. 07:37 AM 01-22-2022
Q
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:36 PM 01-22-2022
Originally Posted by Flying High D:
“ I decided that after just hearing some of the information that I heard.”

Gay representative in the right ear and Gay lawyer in the left ear.

Has anybody ever met a gay lawyer?

Not judging. Just not a profession where I’ve seen a lot of gay people. It’s not exactly interior decorating
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 12:43 PM 01-22-2022
I assure you though he will be in some type of anger management/character coaching classes to potentially stop any further "negative headlines" occurring but good on Andy for NOT overreacting.:-)

If Gay gets suspended for 1 or 2 games for throwing a TV out of the penthouse suite after winning the SB for next year, I can live with that.:-)
[Reply]
neech 12:46 PM 01-22-2022
Breaking news
[Reply]
notorious 01:01 PM 01-22-2022
If playing Gay is gay I don't want to be straight.
[Reply]
Kman34 01:03 PM 01-22-2022
Vacuums everywhere are disappoint...
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 01:08 PM 01-22-2022
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Vacuums everywhere are disappoint...
You are correct BUT could Gay destroy a KIRBY ?? I doubt it !:-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:10 PM 01-22-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Has anybody ever met a gay lawyer?

Not judging. Just not a profession where I’ve seen a lot of gay people. It’s not exactly interior decorating
Several.

Mostly lesbians, but yeah.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 01:12 PM 01-22-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
If playing Gay is gay I don't want to be straight.
Don’t worry. You’re not.
[Reply]
notorious 01:18 PM 01-22-2022
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Don’t worry. You’re not.
Confusion is the worst.
[Reply]
Up