ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>Setting up Dual Monitors
ModSocks 04:51 PM 01-20-2022
Something so simple, yet i can't get it to work right. Frustrating. What's the best way to get this done?

Just bought a new HP (Windows 11) with an Nvidia GTX-1650. I have two brand new 27" curved monitors and a 2x1 HDMI Splitter/adapter.

When i go to settings, the display settings don't detect a 2nd monitor.

As of right now, both monitors are mirroring each other, i'm trying to get them to extend.

What am i missing here?

Also, i did the Win key + P and switched that to extend monitors and that didn't do anything either.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:53 PM 01-20-2022
Is it because you’re using a splitter and not plugging them into separate inputs?
[Reply]
Frazod 04:55 PM 01-20-2022
Have you tried using two completely separate HDMI cables?
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:57 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Is it because you’re using a splitter and not plugging them into separate inputs?
I'm guessing that's what it is. The video card has one HDMI and one DVI. Best way to attack this is to just buy a DVI and plug that into the other monitor? One into the DVI and the other into the HDMI?
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:58 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Have you tried using two completely separate HDMI cables?
Card only has one HDMI output. I'd have to buy a DVI to HDMI adapter or a DVI cable.
[Reply]
Frazod 05:00 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I'm guessing that's what it is. The video card has one HDMI and one DVI. Best way to attack this is to just buy a DVI and plug that into the other monitor? One into the DVI and the other into the HDMI?
Yeah. On mine I have the DVI going to my primary monitor, and the HDMI going to my TV.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:04 PM 01-20-2022
That's how I do it for my Windows environment.
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:12 PM 01-20-2022
Yeah. On mine I have the DVI going to my primary monitor, and the HDMI going to my TV.
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That's how I do it for my Windows environment.
Fuck. Ok. Well, at least i know now. Thanks. Lots of conflicting info online. "Oh all you need is a splitter blah blah blah".
[Reply]
Frazod 05:15 PM 01-20-2022
Fuck. Ok. Well, at least i know now. Thanks. Lots of conflicting info online. "Oh all you need is a splitter blah blah blah".
The good news is you'll be able to find one at the nearest Walmart, Target or Best Buy.

Shit, I probably have four or five of the goddamn things in my junk bin that I'd give you, but I don't think the drive up would make it worth your time. :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:17 PM 01-20-2022
The good news is you'll be able to find one at the nearest Walmart, Target or Best Buy.

Shit, I probably have four or five of the goddamn things in my junk bin that I'd give you, but I don't think the drive up would make it worth your time. :-)
You can probably find a DVI cable at your local thrift store in a bin of miscellaneous cables.
[Reply]
Fish 05:53 PM 01-20-2022
A splitter will only allow you to mirror the original source. You'll definitely need to use DVI if you want a separate workspace on the second monitor.
[Reply]
Stryker 07:23 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
A splitter will only allow you to mirror the original source. You'll definitely need to use DVI if you want a separate workspace on the second monitor.
This
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:35 PM 01-20-2022
I used to run 2.

Then I bought a big ass one. I prefer the big ass one.
[Reply]
Frazod 01-21-2022, 12:15 AM
This message has been deleted by Frazod.
Frazod 12:18 AM 01-21-2022
I’ve got two big ass monitors if you count the TV.
Attached: 11049676-188D-441B-B527-2F454CA54415.jpeg (64.3 KB) 
[Reply]
Simply Red 03:13 AM 01-21-2022
Fish is in the power 10 CP'ers IT department.
[Reply]
Up