ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 30
« First < 202627282930
Media Center>The Curse of Oak Island
mr. tegu 01:31 PM 01-13-2014
Has anyone else started watching this show? I am a sucker for this kind of thing and so far it has been very interesting. You can watch the first two episodes in the link below. Since this was filmed over the summer, if any of you have figured out what happens please use spoilers for anything that hasn't aired yet.

http://www.history.com/shows/the-curse-of-oak-island

For those who aren't familiar, very briefly, it is about an island on the eastern shore of Canada that is rumored to have buried treasure from possibly the Knights Templar dating back to the 1300s. In 1795 an apparent secret hiding space was discovered in which levels of wooden planks were buried every 10 feet. Digging down around a hundred feet, they found some gold link chain and a few other things. Eventually they dug to a point that causes the hold to be flooded by sea water as if it was some sort of boobie trap, which is believed to come from some type of tube that is out in the ocean.

Another person in the 1970s dug alongside the original hole but also got his hole flooded by sea water. These guys now who are on the show purchased most of the island and are trying to solve the mystery with help from the guys who dug their own hole in the 1970s. The hole curse aspect is just kind of meh and I don't really pay attention to it, but I am sure the producers just like the added element it presents. The mystery and adventure is really interesting. It is nice to see a show like this that is actually producing some results so far.
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:00 PM 12-10-2019
I can't believe this show is still going on. Tonight their blowing up a mud hole i think their so close ... :-)

Reminds me of Geraldo Rivera & Al Capones Vault

Spoiler!

[Reply]
ModSocks 12:40 PM 12-10-2019
:-) i was surprised to see this show is still running too.

Hats off to them, they made it work.

Well, i think the narrator is the biggest reason people still watch, realizing it or not.

That man is just talented with the way he can spin and create intrigue about the most ridiculous or mundane things.
[Reply]
rocknrolla 01:26 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
:-) i was surprised to see this show is still running too.

Hats off to them, they made it work.

Well, i think the narrator is the biggest reason people still watch, realizing it or not.

That man is just talented with the way he can spin and create intrigue about the most ridiculous or mundane things.
He is reason I got out years ago, can not stand him.
[Reply]
Dayze 01:54 PM 12-10-2019
I think this might finally be the season where the find something significant.

...if not this season, then definitely the next season. Or, the season after that.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 02:50 PM 12-11-2019
My thoughts continue to be that what I like about this show as supposed to most other searching shows is that they continue to actually try to find answers and they do try things even if they are difficult, time consuming, or expensive.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 03:11 PM 12-11-2019
There is a lot of weird shit that went on and I still find the show entertaining.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 07:45 AM 01-21-2022
This show is still going on.
[Reply]
BadRobot 09:56 AM 02-18-2022
Im a sucker for these tyoes of programmes but the amount of money they have spunked on digging big holes all over the place to find very little must be insane, part of me thinks they should do a Goldrush/oak island crossoever and get Parker to dig for it, he'd get to the money pit in a day or so and end the programme
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:27 AM 02-18-2022
I’m enjoying it. I am somewhat satisfied that they have at the very least proven something happened there and that a real treasure isn’t out of the question at all. In the beginning of the show and for the longest time prior to it many people wrote it off as nothing at all, but that’s clearly not the case. It could just be possible that what was there to be found was found. I am really hopeful they explore the swamp and the large boat shape in it next year.
[Reply]
lcarus 01:39 PM 02-18-2022
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
I’m enjoying it. I am somewhat satisfied that they have at the very least proven something happened there and that a real treasure isn’t out of the question at all. In the beginning of the show and for the longest time prior to it many people wrote it off as nothing at all, but that’s clearly not the case. It could just be possible that what was there to be found was found. I am really hopeful they explore the swamp and the large boat shape in it next year.
They've found some interesting things. Now they're finally digging a giant hole in the money pit area. I'm just tired of them finding wood and iron spikes.
[Reply]
Page 30 of 30
« First < 202627282930
Up