ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 17
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Trade deadline additions
O.city 09:59 AM 10-18-2021
I don't think they should or will throw any high picks out but looking around the league, who do you guys think they could add that would help?
[Reply]
CoMoChief 02:14 PM 10-18-2021
I think the Chiefs are going to need to take advantage of some rookie contracts within the next 3-4yrs, and IMO can't afford to lose draft capital. There are always exceptions but Mahomes and these guys are gonna start getting expensive.

They must hit on some of these guys within the next few yrs. The depth on this team sucks. Veach has to do better. No more draft favorites for Dave Toub, no more top 100 picks on project players. No more RB's picked early or draft favors for Mahomes. Need to bulk up D.

Is Mathieu gonna be extended? Brown Jr?
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:23 PM 10-18-2021
WANT OGBAH

[Reply]
O.city 02:26 PM 10-18-2021
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
I think the Chiefs are going to need to take advantage of some rookie contracts within the next 3-4yrs, and IMO can't afford to lose draft capital. There are always exceptions but Mahomes and these guys are gonna start getting expensive.

They must hit on some of these guys within the next few yrs. The depth on this team sucks. Veach has to do better. No more draft favorites for Dave Toub, no more top 100 picks on project players. No more RB's picked early or draft favors for Mahomes. Need to bulk up D.

Is Mathieu gonna be extended? Brown Jr?
Depth is great. Can never have enough.

But I'd say this teams "depth" is about as good as most of the upper level teams at this point. The problem they're having is the highly paid dudes just haven't been putting up what they need to.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 02:41 PM 10-18-2021
Originally Posted by Reroka:
Why is Gordan not Playing?
They had initially planned on playing him much more. But that changed when they spent a good part of the game playing from behind.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 03:27 PM 10-18-2021
Because Chiefs, if they were to somehow get Ogbah back, he would dislocate his shoulder or break his collarbone sacking a qb.

Pretty sure injuries are why we let him walk in the first place.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:42 PM 10-18-2021
I would flip the fins a mid day 3 2023 choice after they give most of the rest of his salary as a SB and pick up Oliver Vernon.

You would have a deep rotation at that point.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 04:04 PM 10-18-2021

Texans are releasing veteran defensive end Whitney Mercilus (three sacks) as youth movement continues at the position, with team starting Jon Greenard (four sacks) and Jacob Martin, according to league sources @SportsTalk790

— Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL) October 18, 2021

[Reply]
oldman 08:55 PM 10-18-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Who's actually available though? Seems like the market right now is nothing but mediocre to below average WRs and RBs.
When you're averaging 30.8 points a game, offense is not the problem. When you're allowing 29.3 points a game, that's the problem. We could get immediate help right now in the front 4. We face the Titans next week and some other strong running teams later. That's where our focus on any trade/pick up needs to be.

While I'm not dismissng the option to pick up an offensive weapon next year, at 3-3 we need help right now.
[Reply]
JakeF 10:05 PM 10-18-2021
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP:
Mercilus would be tied for a team high in sacks for us. We should be all over it. Our DE's are terrible, there's no push on the ends of our Dline to control the run and QB. If a defense gets a natural "horseshoe" push by their Dline it really helps.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:57 PM 10-18-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
We have so many needs, i'm not sure if there's anyway we can do enough.

Defense needs:
2xDE (Starters, Jones needs to go back inside)
2xLB (Starters, Both need to be tackling machines)
Safety/LB (Replace Sorenson)

Offense needs:
Explosive Starting RB
Starting Right tackle? (Remmers sucks)
#2 WR

That's way too much to fill right now. We will struggle to fill this much during an offseason.
Good God you are clueless
[Reply]
Valiant 09:55 AM 10-19-2021
We need Suggs back.

To coach at least.
[Reply]
Chiefsfan1 02:31 PM 10-19-2021
Obviously, help at DE would make the most sense. Ogbah, Hargrave, anyone like that would be welcomed.

There's still rumors/speculation that the Saints might trade Michael Thomas. He carries a $24.7 million cap hit for them next year. This year, his base salary is $1 million, so a little over half that is what a team trading for him would be on the hook for this year. His base salaries for the next three years is $15.35 million, $15.5 million and $18.5 million. Next year will be his age 29 season.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:13 PM 10-19-2021
Allen Robinson (sp?) might be available according to espn.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:17 PM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Allen Robinson (sp?) might be available according to espn.
No thanks man, we have Gordon now and we'll see how that shakes out... but all I want right now is defense, Defense, DEFENSE
[Reply]
kccrow 04:41 PM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Watched Zach Cunningham track a tight end in single coverage and make a crucial pass breakup in the nzone yesterday..I think he would be great in our LB department. Him or Myles Jack.
Cunningham sucks in coverage as a rule. No thanks. If I were going to try to trade for a LB, it'd probably be making an angle for Deion Jones from Atlanta.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 17
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up