ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 11
« First < 56789 1011 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Props to Darrell Williams
Bl00dyBizkitz 02:04 PM 10-17-2021
Like a lot of you have already said, he seems to fit the style of running our team needs. Had good vision, too.

As much as I wanted CEH to succeed, I don't mind eating crow as long as someone else can pick up the slack. Great game from him today.
[Reply]
JakeF 11:17 AM 10-18-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
Point is, CEH was not missed at all.
Apparently there are several people that miss CEH. They are coming out of the woodwork now, talking about how great Helaire is.

Who knew he was so great.

That probably means that CEH will get his starting job back and all the CEH fans around here will be pumped.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:20 AM 10-18-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Why in the fuck would anyone WANT to hate CEH? Everyone was ecstatic about the draft pick and had such high hopes for him. He never talks or does anything publicly to generate any kind of bad press. Nobody has anything invested in Darrell Williams either, he's been around for a long time.
That's where I am. I was on the higher end of those happy with the pick because I've always coveted a Sproles type to open things up. But a big part of the Sproles value is durability and longevity, including being just as fast and agile 10+ years in the league as he was first day.

I'm not happy that CEH has come back from injury appearing slower and more tentative, and I've prayed that he was just getting his feel for the game back.

But that doesn't mean I don't value what D.Will gives the team RIGHT NOW, reliable, dependable and determined. We have talent and speed at a lot of positions, but we have a bit of lingering confidence issues, and I am grateful for the stabilizing effect of D.Will's performance.

And as an addendum, pure conjecture, but I sense PMII is quite invested in D.Will based on how vocal he was when there was a slow whistle late in the game while D.Will was being swarmed by defenders.
[Reply]
jd1020 11:20 AM 10-18-2021
Apparently there are several people that miss CEH. They are coming out of the woodwork now, talking about how great Helaire is.

That probably means that CEH will get his starting job back and all the CEH fans around here will be pumped.
Who is saying they miss CEH? I'm simply laughing at the people bitching about 4.7 YPC and celebrating 3.0.

You want to know who I miss? Kareem Hunt.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:26 AM 10-18-2021

Is it hard being this obtuse?

No one thinks he's been great. I'd doubt very many think he's been worth the draft pick. But it's a little silly to put Darrell on a pedestal for a game where he gets 3.0 YPC against the worst team we've played this year while downplaying the fact that Clyde is averaging 4.7 YPC against everyone else.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:27 AM 10-18-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
He is a mouthbreather.
[Reply]
TEX 11:56 AM 10-18-2021
Originally Posted by Lzen:
This is BS. I have seen Clyde make that exact type of play THIS YEAR. I don't remember which game but I know he did it. I think some of you all are seeing what you want to see.
Pot meet kettle...
[Reply]
Brody Wa 12:11 PM 10-18-2021
Originally Posted by Papi:
Knile Davis > CEH So that doesn't help your point. Hell Christian Okoye in 2021 > CEH.
Time to bring in the The Nigerian Nightmare for a look!$!$::-)
[Reply]
TEX 02:17 PM 10-18-2021
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Exactly. He was a waste of 1st rounder. RB's grow on trees in the later rounds.
I'm still pissed that we didn't draft Taylor if we were sold on drafting a RB. Dude was right there, but we took the slow Smurf. But I get your point.
[Reply]
Lzen 03:30 PM 10-18-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
Pot meet kettle...
I never said I thought Clyde was anything great. IMO, he is an okay back but was drafted too high. But what I posted was factual.
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:42 PM 10-18-2021
He looked exactly like he has every other game. Noticably slower than CEH. But credit for running hard and holding on to the ball
[Reply]
HemiEd 06:55 PM 10-18-2021
He was key, did what he had to when needed most.
[Reply]
JakeF 10:21 PM 10-18-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:

No one thinks he's been great. I'd doubt very many think he's been worth the draft pick. But it's a little silly to put Darrell on a pedestal for a game where he gets 3.0 YPC against the worst team we've played this year while downplaying the fact that Clyde is averaging 4.7 YPC against everyone else.
People are just trying to be happy and enjoy what we think is a more productive running game. So how about you just fuck off and let us enjoy ourselves in what has largely been a shitty season. Not sure why it's such a problem for some people to let us enjoy it.

If you can't understand that there's more to the game than stats, then that's on you.

You've always been arrogant, now you're just being a dick about it.
[Reply]
JakeF 10:23 PM 10-18-2021
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
He was key, did what he had to when needed most.
How dare you put Williams on a pedestal.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:24 PM 10-18-2021
People are just trying to be happy and enjoy what we think is a more productive running game. So how about you just fuck off and let us enjoy ourselves in what has largely been a shitty season. Not sure why it's such a problem for some people to let us enjoy it.

If you can't understand that there's more to the game than stats, then that's on you.

You've always been arrogant, now you're just being a dick about it.
The fact that you would rather enjoy being wrong than understand reality explains a lot.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 10:30 PM 10-18-2021
Originally Posted by carcosa:
Hot
There is a yellow one that won't
Accept the black one
That won't accept the red one
That won't accept the white one
Different strokes for different folks
And so on and so on and
Scooby-dooby-dooby
[Reply]