ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 11
« First < 45678 91011 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Props to Darrell Williams
Bl00dyBizkitz 02:04 PM 10-17-2021
Like a lot of you have already said, he seems to fit the style of running our team needs. Had good vision, too.

As much as I wanted CEH to succeed, I don't mind eating crow as long as someone else can pick up the slack. Great game from him today.
[Reply]
jd1020 12:36 AM 10-18-2021
Originally Posted by kjwood75nro:
https://youtu.be/nVMjG_Ks1Zg
His 1 career highlight where he ran in a straight line untouched. Amazing.

The guy had a career YPC of 3.2 and was cut by like half the league before he was forced into retirement.
[Reply]
carcosa 12:40 AM 10-18-2021
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
I speculate on way too many things. Sometimes I do sports cards, sometimes sports cards do me.
Hot
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 12:47 AM 10-18-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:
His 1 career highlight where he ran in a straight line untouched. Amazing.

The guy had a career YPC of 3.2 and was cut by like half the league before he was forced into retirement.
Fair enough.

It remains to be seen, however, if 1st-rounder (32nd) Clod can recreate the kind of highlights and/or career stats that 3rd-rounder (96th) Knile Davis did.

Until then, Clod. Or MEH.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:50 AM 10-18-2021
Originally Posted by DRM08:
At least he didn’t fumble.
Darrell actually has a higher career fumble rate than CEH at this point, albeit very similar.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 05:01 AM 10-18-2021
You know its getting dicey when 3 YPC gets its own congratulations thread.
That’s how you know there’s a bullshit narrative floating around.

If CEH put up these numbers, it would have been considered an awful game.

Williams made some nice plays, and it’s possible that he’s better than CEH, but the “cut him now” talk is a little premature.
[Reply]
TEX 05:24 AM 10-18-2021
3 YPC is not solidifying anything. That's pretty ****ing garbage.
Point is, CEH was not missed at all.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:59 AM 10-18-2021
I like Darrel Williams. He's been 'my favorite Williams' since 2019.

But y'all are very strange. 3 ypc yesterday...and somehow we should just cut Clyde, who'd run for 5 ypc plus his last two full games.

Williams was fine, he was serviceable. He runs hard, he knows the offense, he rarely makes mistakes.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 06:10 AM 10-18-2021
The McKinnon reception where he fights for the first down was a play I don't think Clyde makes either. Those are the type of plays we haven't seen since Hunt.
[Reply]
thabear04 06:38 AM 10-18-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
The McKinnon reception where he fights for the first down was a play I don't think Clyde makes either. Those are the type of plays we haven't seen since Hunt.
That was a very nice play and turn his body to stay in.
[Reply]
jd1020 06:41 AM 10-18-2021
Originally Posted by kjwood75nro:
Fair enough.

It remains to be seen, however, if 1st-rounder (32nd) Clod can recreate the kind of highlights and/or career stats that 3rd-rounder (96th) Knile Davis did.

Until then, Clod. Or MEH.
Wtf are you even talking about. Clyde already surpassed Knile's career in his rookie season. Knile Davis was fucking terrible. CEH is about average for a RB, which is kind of disappointing given he was a 1st round pick but that doesn't make him useless. If the Chiefs actually utilized him in the passing game like they intended when they drafted him I doubt people are bitching, but who knows since people legitimately seem to think Knile Davis was better.
[Reply]
jd1020 07:01 AM 10-18-2021
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
That’s how you know there’s a bullshit narrative floating around.

If CEH put up these numbers, it would have been considered an awful game.

Williams made some nice plays, and it’s possible that he’s better than CEH, but the “cut him now” talk is a little premature.
Pretty much. Clyde gets a bunch of unfair hate because of where he was selected.

Darrel Williams is a free agent after this year and barring some crazy career altering explosion, he'll be fortunate to land another job in the NFL and we have people saying he's our new RB1 and cut CEH. Its insane.

About the only thing he did yesterday that I question if CEH would do right now, not that he isn't capable or hasn't shown it before, is the patience to cut that run back for the TD. He does have a pretty maddening trend of going where the hole is designed to be and not where it is right now and if the hole isn't where it should be he just rides the ass of his lineman like its 4th and 1 and he's just trying to force a few inches for a first.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:01 AM 10-18-2021
What a tragedy. CEH has more talent but cant hit a hole, follow a block or stay up right. DW hits the hole and makes the decision with authority. But just lacks true NFL starter talent.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:51 AM 10-18-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
Point is, CEH was not missed at all.
Exactly. He was a waste of 1st rounder. RB's grow on trees in the later rounds.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:27 AM 10-18-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
This is BS. I have seen Clyde make that exact type of play THIS YEAR. I don't remember which game but I know he did it. I think some of you all are seeing what you want to see.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:53 AM 10-18-2021
Originally Posted by Lzen:
This is BS. I have seen Clyde make that exact type of play THIS YEAR. I don't remember which game but I know he did it. I think some of you all are seeing what you want to see.
A couple examples.

1:58

1:55

[Reply]
Page 8 of 11
« First < 45678 91011 >
Up