9 Jonathan Bowlan, RHP
10 Carlos Hernedez, RHP
[Reply]
poolboy 07:05 PM 10-05-2021
yeah but Mondesi is a trick bag....might be better for pt play at this point
[Reply]
jd1020 07:26 PM 10-05-2021
Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan:
There's no obvious open position if Mondesi plays 3B. And further, I'm not sure how any CBA can tell a team when to move a guy up and give the boot to a veteran player playing with competence on the MLB level. Can't see MLB level players agreeing to anything of that sort.
Then wtf are you talking about when you say "burn a year"?

Teams don't hold prospects down in the minors if they are ready to come up, especially ones the caliber of Witt. If he's ready to play opening day he'll be in the majors, the only reason he wouldn't be is if he isn't ready or like with Kris Bryant they are holding him back a couple weeks to gain a 7th year of control, but that is 100% not going to be allowed in the next CBA.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:26 PM 10-05-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Then wtf are you talking about when you say "burn a year"?

Teams don't hold prospects down in the minors if they are ready to come up, especially ones the caliber of Witt. If he's ready to play opening day he'll be in the majors, the only reason he wouldn't be is if he isn't ready or like with Kris Bryant they are holding him back a couple weeks to gain a 7th year of control, but that is 100% not going to be allowed in the next CBA.

If the CBA doesn’t change the service time rule to award teams for waiting a few weeks to promote a player to the major league, he absolutely will be held down.

Big market clubs are really the only ones who promote without consideration of service time.

All hinges on what the CBA has in effect.
[Reply]
jd1020 09:00 PM 10-05-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
If the CBA doesn’t change the service time rule to award teams for waiting a few weeks to promote a player to the major league, he absolutely will be held down.

Big market clubs are really the only ones who promote without consideration of service time.

All hinges on what the CBA has in effect.
It is not going to be in the next CBA. You can forget about it. Both sides are making proposals to avoid service time manipulation.

MLB proposed a pool of $1B dollars for players ineligible for FA and anyone 29.5 years of age eligible for FA. Thats not going to fly with the PA because it ****s over guys like Vlad Jr.

Ultimately I believe they'll just get rid of service time completely and start a clock when a players contract is selected by the mlb team that no matter if he's called up opening day or in August its 1 year, similar to how options work, and whether or not he's in the majors that player is under control for x amount of years before being eligible for FA. Eliminates the service time manipulation that neither side wants any more and teams aren't going to hold players back because there's still the rule 5 draft.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:49 AM 10-07-2021
The Big Dozier dropped the 2nd biggest turd in Royals history, according to bWar. -2.8, which is only “bested” by Lou Pinella’s -3.1 in 1973. Neifi “Pop-up” Perez 2002 was only a -2.3
[Reply]
BWillie 10:29 AM 10-07-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
The Big Dozier dropped the 2nd biggest turd in Royals history, according to bWar. -2.8, which is only “bested” by Lou Pinella’s -3.1 in 1973. Neifi “Pop-up” Perez 2002 was only a -2.3
Being able to hit the ball is the most important tool that exists. Dozier can't hit a baseball. Pratto can't really, either, so that worries me about him.
[Reply]
poolboy 07:23 PM 10-07-2021
Dozier came on enough at the end where he will get playing time next year
Im not giving up on him yet
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 03:09 PM 10-09-2021
Jorge Soler leading off in a playoff game. Crazy.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 09:05 AM 10-12-2021
I went into a meeting at work with the Royals down and not looking great and worried that the season was over. I came out of the meeting with the Royals winning and on the way to game 5. Best meeting ever.

Down 6-2 and six outs away from elimination...#OTD in 2015, we kept the line moving in Houston.#TogetherRoyal pic.twitter.com/b3mRQcBWfO

— Kansas City Royals (@Royals) October 12, 2021

[Reply]
CatinKS 04:04 PM 10-12-2021
I was watching Braves / Brewers and on base 1st base was someone who looked familiar. I was watching multiple games at the same time some didn't have the audio turn up on the baseball. Finally, get a good look at him and its Terrance Gore! Atlanta had him on the playoff roster after playing AAA all season. I never imagined he was still in baseball. As I recall the last three times the Royals put him on first to steal, he was thrown out. Look like he was just guessing and wasn't really studying the pitcher. I would enjoy watching Hill try the baseball stint if the retires from football.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:27 PM 10-18-2021
Tatis elected to NOT have shoulder surgery. Which feels like quite a choice after this season.

The Padres had a stellar collapse this season. I don’t think Preller survives another season without the playoffs. Amazing cast of underperformers around Tatis, Cronenworth, and Machado.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:39 PM 10-18-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Tatis elected to NOT have shoulder surgery. Which feels like quite a choice after this season.

The Padres had a stellar collapse this season. I don’t think Preller survives another season without the playoffs. Amazing cast of underperformers around Tatis and Machado.
It's mainly their pitching staff not being able to stay healthy.
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 09:48 PM 10-18-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:

The Padres had a stellar collapse this season. I don’t think Preller survives another season without the playoffs. Amazing cast of underperformers around Tatis and Machado.
I know their system has been amazing with talented players, but like the White Sox, I've never been a fan of the sum of the parts. Some teams with talented players just don't come together to win championships (or make the playoffs, in the Padres case).
[Reply]
Bronco_buster2 10:47 AM 10-19-2021
Danny Duffy traded to the Dodgers. Doubt we get anything in return since he didn’t pitch again in 21. Dodgers obviously didn’t get anything out of the deal. But will Duffy get a ring if LA wins the WS? He might be the only winner in the deal.

And what do you suppose the chances are we bring him back to KC for depth this off-season?
[Reply]
Bronco_buster2 04:42 PM 10-20-2021
Per @alec_lewis

“In exchange for Danny Duffy, the Dodgers sent RHP Zach Willeman to the Royals. Willeman is 25, posted a 3.78 at Double-A this season with 59 strikeouts and 23 walks.“

I think the Royals won that deal!
[Reply]
Page 423 of 440
« First < 323373413419420421422423 424425426427433 > Last »
Up