ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 190
« First < 34567 8910111757107 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Playoffs Thread****
KC_Connection 10:11 AM 08-28-2020
Have been banned from the other thread by an apparently sensitive snowflake (ironically after dozens of pages of political discussion from others) so I'll stick my thoughts on the NBA Playoffs here from now on. We needed a new thread anyway.
[Reply]
dirk digler 06:26 PM 09-01-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Hot take: Marcus Smart is the Celtics' most valuable player, not Tatum.
He is definitely the heart of the team. But Tatum is their best player with Kemba second
[Reply]
staylor26 06:27 PM 09-01-2020
Celtics are going to the Finals. They look like the best team in the East.

This game 7 is going to be fun.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:28 PM 09-01-2020
Hypest game so far coming up.
[Reply]
sedated 06:28 PM 09-01-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I mean, they look stupid for a TON of stuff. Trading UP with the Celtics to take Fultz so that the Celtics could get Tatum and another pick. Hell, just about any "process" pick outside of Embiid and Simmons.
I looked it up and over a 5 year span the 76ers drafts went something like:

Michael Carter-Williams at 11 (Giannis went at 15)
Embiid
Okafor at #3 (Porzingis went #4)
Simmons
Traded up to get Fultz and gave Tatum to Boston

Not the best cohesive team (a bunch of bigs and a point forward that can't shoot), but they passed on a ton of talent thats left them with very little in return.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:29 PM 09-01-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
He is definitely the heart of the team. But Tatum is their best player with Kemba second
I don't think they come even close to winning this series if Smart isn't in these games. Does everything for them. Reminds me of Lowry in many ways.
[Reply]
dirk digler 06:30 PM 09-01-2020
I hate rooting for any Denver team but I will make an exception tonight
[Reply]
dirk digler 06:35 PM 09-01-2020
Fuck that spin layup on Gobert by Murray might be one of the sickest plays I have ever seen
[Reply]
dirk digler 06:39 PM 09-01-2020
I don't think they come even close to winning this series if Smart isn't in these games. Does everything for them. Reminds me of Lowry in many ways.
True. They are a pretty well rounded team playing good ball right now. Don’t know if it will last though
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:41 PM 09-01-2020
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
Russell Westbrook might finally get OKC past the first round.
This makes me laugh unreasonably hard.
[Reply]
lcarus 06:43 PM 09-01-2020
I like those black Nuggets city jerseys. I even like Utah's city jerseys with the cascading reds and orange. I can see how some might hate those though.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:46 PM 09-01-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Celtics are going to the Finals. They look like the best team in the East.

This game 7 is going to be fun.
If you listen to the Bill Simmons podcast he has a pretty interesting take that this is the Celtics best shot at a title. Russillo was loading up to make fun of him but ended up agreeing. Pretty good listen.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:04 PM 09-01-2020
I still want to kick Georges Niang in the nuts.

I think He’s still not as athletic as I was in high school.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:09 PM 09-01-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
If you listen to the Bill Simmons podcast he has a pretty interesting take that this is the Celtics best shot at a title. Russillo was loading up to make fun of him but ended up agreeing. Pretty good listen.
I mean it's definitely their best shot in the last 10 years if that's what he was suggesting. That goes for any contending team, though. The fact that there's no super team like the Heat or Warriors gives everyone a chance.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:14 PM 09-01-2020
I didn’t have much hope for Porter but he is proving me wrong
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:17 PM 09-01-2020
I mean it's definitely their best shot in the last 10 years if that's what he was suggesting. That goes for any contending team, though. The fact that there's no super team like the Heat or Warriors gives everyone a chance.
His point was that they’re going to have to pay Tatum, and most of the rest of the good teams are going to get better.

Plus this is the first time they don’t have any high picks they’ve raped fools out of to fall back on.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 190
« First < 34567 8910111757107 > Last »
Up