ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 189 of 190
« First < 89139179185186187188189 190 >
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Playoffs Thread****
KC_Connection 10:11 AM 08-28-2020
Have been banned from the other thread by an apparently sensitive snowflake (ironically after dozens of pages of political discussion from others) so I'll stick my thoughts on the NBA Playoffs here from now on. We needed a new thread anyway.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:56 PM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
What now? I've paid no attention.

And I agree. Even now I don't know how the hell this happened.
Rivers threw him out of practice because he wouldn't enter the drills and just generally didn't give a shit. Simmons is going the James Harden route now of showing up and doing the bare minimum to force a trade.
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:12 PM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Rivers threw him out of practice because he wouldn't enter the drills and just generally didn't give a shit. Simmons is going the James Harden route now of showing up and doing the bare minimum to force a trade.
I can't wait to see fat Simmons :-)
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:18 PM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I can't wait to see fat Simmons :-)
76ers point guard Ben Simmons received a one-game suspension for "conduct detrimental to the team," Philadelphia announced, and will miss the season opener against the New Orleans Pelicans on Wednesday. Simmons was kicked out of practice Tuesday due to a lack of engagement, sources told The Athletic.

"I didn't think he wanted to do what everyone else was doing," coach Doc Rivers told reporters after the team announced Simmons' suspension.

Sources tell The Athletic that Rivers asked Simmons to join a defensive drill at practice and the point guard refused. Rivers asked again and Simmons said no again. Rivers then told Simmons he should go home, and the 25-year-old dropped the ball and left, according to sources.

"I'm not here to babysit," center Joel Embiid said when asked if he's considered trying to get Simmons to buy back into the team.

Added Embiid: "At this point, I don't care about that man, honestly. He does whatever he wants. That's not my job. ... I'm only focused on trying to make the team better, win some games, play hard every night and try to lead the guys that we have here."

:-)
[Reply]
Miles 04:00 PM 10-19-2021
Sounds like a bit of a spin on the Jimmy Butler method.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10-19-2021, 04:13 PM
This message has been deleted by dirk digler.
Sassy Squatch 04:15 PM 10-19-2021
In Simmons’ first meeting with team personnel last week, a meeting that included Rivers, president of basketball operations Daryl Morey and general manager Elton Brand, sources said Simmons reiterated that he was not mentally ready to rejoin the team after the past several months.

The 76ers are not trying to move Simmons and have made clear that they will not deal him at this time, according to sources. The franchise wants Simmons to show up to practices and games, to be engaged and to perform to his capabilities. Simmons is not against playing, but he is not mentally ready yet, sources insist.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:39 AM 07-08-2023
Victor may not be a bust but no way he ever lives up to hype. Chet and Zion were much better prospects IMO
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 09:00 AM 07-08-2023
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Victor may not be a bust but no way he ever lives up to hype. Chet and Zion were much better prospects IMO
Lebron cursed all these future prospects. What Lebron was able to do by living up to the enormous hype he brought with him to the league directly from high school won’t ever be done again. We continue to hype up all of these players as the “next Lebron” and the more and more they fail the more impressive Lebron’s legacy becomes. It’s pretty incredible that he was able to shoulder all of those expectations and live up to all the hype.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:04 AM 07-08-2023
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
Lebron cursed all these future prospects. What Lebron was able to do by living up to the enormous hype he brought with him to the league directly from high school won’t ever be done again. We continue to hype up all of these players as the “next Lebron” and the more and more they fail the more impressive Lebron’s legacy becomes. It’s pretty incredible that he was able to shoulder all of those expectations and live up to all the hype.
KCC hack this dudes account?

If Zion stayed healthy he would have lived up to it..IF
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 12:29 PM 07-08-2023
KCC hack this dudes account?

If Zion stayed healthy he would have lived up to it..IF
If only there were things Zion could have done to keep his body in shape. Like working out and avoiding buffets.

The fact that Zion is the first person who comes to your mind who even came CLOSE to living up to the hype and he’s obviously already a flop 5 years into his career says so much about how hard it is to live up to the hype. You can’t argue that Lebron didn’t. It’s incredible that he was able to have the career he did after all the ESPN hype following him around when he was in high school.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:35 PM 07-08-2023
What is Wemby is just Bol Bol? Bol Bol was a 5-star. KU didnt even recruit him and hes from Olathe. But then he goes to Oregon and avg 21.6 ppg, 56% FG, 52% 3FG. I know it was like 8 games but everyone was just like...sucks. Cool affluent french guy with a fun name bias?
[Reply]
staylor26 12:38 PM 07-08-2023
Maybe give the guy more than a single summer league game?

And it's not like he didn't flash.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:16 PM 07-08-2023
Cason Wallace is so good. Chet is a monster as well, of course. Who was the clown on here who didn’t like the Wallace pick?
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 04:35 PM 07-08-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Maybe give the guy more than a single summer league game?

And it's not like he didn't flash.
The foot speed just isn't there. He will br a solid player but never a superstar.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:43 AM 07-09-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Cason Wallace is so good. Chet is a monster as well, of course. Who was the clown on here who didn’t like the Wallace pick?
I don't hate Cason Wallace. I think he is a good player and an elite defender. I just think that OKC is in a position to win now and he is kind of a redundant player. Lou Dort is locked up until 2027. Isaiah Joe also on a 3-year deal and now they signed Micic to a 3-year deal. 4/5 of the starting line up is locked in as Giddey, SGA, J Dub, and Chet.

I was hoping for a shooter or a defensive big with some muscle. However, very impressed with his shooting performance today. If he can be a lethal 3-point shooter that would be amazing. John Calipari really makes his college guards look bad sometimes. It is just one game though, but I expect him to be a quality NBA player. Hopefully a Jrue Holliday type.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:57 PM 07-09-2023
Wemby sure did look a lot better in his second game:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk2-jw...ature=youtu.be
[Reply]
Page 189 of 190
« First < 89139179185186187188189 190 >
Up