ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 217 of 295
« First < 117167207213214215216217 218219220221227267 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:44 PM 10-19-2021
I just don’t think CEH has the body type to invite contact and go at it head on like that in the NFL. Which is a shame, as it was a big reason why he was effective last year.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 05:02 PM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
This is me I don't particularly care for college football and seldom watch till the bowl games and championship. I did read a lot about his wonders from CP. I wasn't wanting to draft an RB I wanted an O-line or linebacker. I had no clue of this guy but what I read and I was swayed. I could see last year he was bad in pass protection and figured he would get better. He seemed to have some power to move a pile but got caught in the backfield a lot. I thought it was the o line. When he couldn't catch the ball out in the flat and we wouldn't run screens I got concerned. This year sealed the deal for me that he will be a jag and probably won't get a second contract. I just got to wonder if everything got screwed with covid in scouting and relied on tape and coaching evaluations from his college coaches. He looks like a guy you take a chance on in late rounds.
CEH had great vision and was a fantastic receiver.

I imagine the thinking was that he would be a dual-threat weapon in the KC offense.

The receiver part never took off because he never really has gotten better at pass pro. You don't get to get catches if you can't pass block as a RB well.

That said pre-draft, I thought it was

1.Swift
2.Taylor
3.Dobbins

4.CEH

I really liked CEH. But I don't get why they didn't like Swift or Taylor more.
[Reply]
Marcellus 05:09 PM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
You dumbshits. Show me some GIFs of Clyde running like that this year.
:-) he was 7th in rushing before he got hurt. He didn't forget how to play football.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:34 PM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
:-) he was 7th in rushing before he got hurt. He didn't forget how to play football.

He may no the rules, but yeah his play and lack of athleticism and instincts dictate he isn't a quality NFL RB.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:36 PM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
He forgot how to do anything remotely special on the field.

Running through cavernous lanes ain't impressive.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:37 PM 10-19-2021
I think big backs are more suited for this offense. We need some toughness in there to counter balance the overload of finesse. Teams are trying to take our itty bitties heads off every play. We need to wear them down with some punishing runs from our plowhorses.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 08:50 PM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I just don’t think CEH has the body type to invite contact and go at it head on like that in the NFL. Which is a shame, as it was a big reason why he was effective last year.
I thought I heard he was supposed to be MJD ish during the draft. Definitely not. Chiefs need to get backs similar to Hunts style
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:37 PM 10-19-2021
Mahomes didn’t make the pick you fucking dipshits
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:52 PM 10-19-2021
Once Clyde gets healed up, he's going to look good again. Nice to develop Daryl and Jerrick(?) in the meantime.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 10:59 PM 10-19-2021
I think big backs are more suited for this offense. We need some toughness in there to counter balance the overload of finesse. Teams are trying to take our itty bitties heads off every play. We need to wear them down with some punishing runs from our plowhorses.
That's why Kareem was so fucking awesome.

Mahomes, Hill and Kelce would beat you with finesse and then Hunt would come barreling through the middle and absolutely fucking truck some poor linebacker.

God that Early 2018 offense was a thing of fucking beauty.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:02 PM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
That's why Kareem was so ****ing awesome.

Mahomes, Hill and Kelce would beat you with finesse and then Hunt would come barreling through the middle and absolutely ****ing truck some poor linebacker.

God that Early 2018 offense was a thing of ****ing beauty.
Can't keep a guy like that, though. Gotta cut him loose to a rising conference rival, if you can.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 11:21 PM 10-19-2021
Give this Gore kid a shot and just run the damn thing down their throats. Chiefs have a strong interior OL, one of best in the league even with 2 rookies. CEH can not run between the tackles. Gore and Williams can.
[Reply]
Redbled 12:00 AM 10-20-2021
You dumbshits. Show me some GIFs of Clyde running like that this year.
He simply doesn’t look the same this year.
[Reply]
TEX 04:28 AM 10-20-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Can't keep a guy like that, though. Gotta cut him loose to a rising conference rival, if you can.
Yes. And when you do, the cool part is all the OUTRAGE, for what he did, magically ceases and the narrative changes into the player is getting a 2nd chance to turn his life around.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:09 AM 10-20-2021
He forgot how to do anything remotely special on the field.

Running through cavernous lanes ain't impressive.
I just showed you several posts by YOU bragging about CEH breaking tackles and making multiple cuts :-)

This is why nobody takes your football takes seriously, you are as fickle as a woman and will change your mind on a whim and then try to talk like you know what you are seeing.

I mean you were obviously either wrong before or wrong now right? Pretty easy to eventually be right when you just randomly switch back and forth on opinions given any 4 game stretch.

You need to stick to gifs and videos.
[Reply]
Page 217 of 295
« First < 117167207213214215216217 218219220221227267 > Last »
Up