ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs host several defensive linemen for workouts, sign 1 to practice squad
Tribal Warfare 03:43 PM 10-19-2021

The #Chiefs worked out three defensive linemen on Tuesday, signing one to the practice squad after a successful workout. https://t.co/rXIRCyDw4P

— Chiefs Wire (@TheChiefsWire) October 19, 2021

The Kansas City Chiefs continue to look for ways to improve the depth of their roster. According to the NFL’s official personnel notice, the team hosted DEs Shilique Calhoun, Justus Reed and Kobe Jones for workouts on Tuesday.

After a successful workout, the Chiefs signed Calhoun to the practice squad, releasing C Darryl Williams in the process. A former third-round draft pick by the Las Vegas Raiders out of Michigan State in 2018, Calhoun has since spent time with the New England Patriots and San Francisco 49ers. Listed at 6-4 and 260-pound, the 29-year-old Calhoun had two tackles against Kansas City during the preseason this year.

An undrafted free agent in 2021 by the way of Virginia Tech, Reed spent time with the Tennessee Titans and Washington Football Team this offseason. Listed at 6-3 and 253 pounds, he fits the profile of what the Chiefs typically look for at the position.

Another undrafted free agent out of Mississippi State, Jones was with the Atlanta Falcons during the offseason. He’s listed at just under 6-3 and 270 pounds and also plays on the edge, but has the size to play inside as well.

Working out these three players and signing Calhoun shows that the team is clearly looking to improve their depth at the defensive end spot. They’ve dealt with injuries to Chris Jones and Frank Clark so far this season and their performance along the defensive line hasn’t been all that great through six games. They might not be done adding either with reported interest in recently-released Texans DE Whitney Mercilus.
[Reply]
tredadda 03:45 PM 10-19-2021
Moving Jones back to DT will do more for our line than anyone KC is currently bringing in.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:45 PM 10-19-2021
Yay, now tell me about some dudes with proven production at this level
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 03:47 PM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
their performance along the defensive line hasn’t been all that great through six games.
In other news, Hitler wasn't the nicest guy in the world.
[Reply]
TRR 04:21 PM 10-19-2021
Calhoun was signed to the practice squad.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04:24 PM 10-19-2021
Steelers did not protect Taco Charlton. He can be claimed tomorrow
[Reply]
-King- 04:33 PM 10-19-2021
Never heard of any of them
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:34 PM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Steelers did not protect Taco Charlton. He can be claimed tomorrow
They've had 89 years to go get him, in some way or another he played himself off this team permanently
[Reply]
TEX 04:39 PM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
They've had 89 years to go get him, in some way or another he played himself off this team permanently
That appears to be the case.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:42 PM 10-19-2021
This staff really does not like it when players loaf on their rehab or don’t communicate with them. They openly expressed that frustration about Damien Williams in 2019.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:00 PM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
This staff really does not like it when players loaf on their rehab or don’t communicate with them. They openly expressed that frustration about Damien Williams in 2019.
Sounds like I missed the news about him malingering on his rehab, and playing phone tag with the team... can I get a readers digest recap?
[Reply]
Chiefspants 05:26 PM 10-19-2021
Sounds like I missed the news about him malingering on his rehab, and playing phone tag with the team... can I get a readers digest recap?
With Damien there were sources on it I can dig up, with Taco it was mostly talk radio chatter.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:39 PM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
With Damien there were sources on it I can dig up, with Taco it was mostly talk radio chatter.
Well none of it would surprise me at this point

Mgmt clearly has no interest, for some very apparent reason
[Reply]
Up