ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>NFL should switch to a 12 team, 16 week play-off format
BlackOp 12:54 PM 10-19-2021
This "one team gets a bye" format is lame...so I put together an experiment.

NFL should switch to a 16 game, 12 team play-off system...

Every division winner gets a bye and a home game...

Week 17 would essentially become eight elimination wild card games (teams 5-12)...three on Saturday, three on Sunday and two on Monday night

Week 18 would be the same format with the #1/2 seeds getting the four marque (normal) time slots at home.

Week 19 would have four games like the divisional rounds....

Week 20 would be championship weekend.

Essentially no team has only two playoff games... and only 6 teams have an extra game.

I like the idea of all division winners get a bye and a week to rest....right now there isn't much reward for winning your division.

This would make the season a lot more interesting for the middle of the road teams... and ones that got injured early or get "hot" late.
[Reply]
gblowfish 03:14 PM 10-19-2021
OK as long as Tom Brady wins.
[Reply]
kccrow 04:04 PM 10-19-2021
Absurd. They shouldn't have even raised the playoff teams to 7. You want to make the playoffs? Be among the best. I don't want to watch a shit show of a team in the playoffs, ever.
[Reply]
BlackOp 04:14 PM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Absurd. They shouldn't have even raised the playoff teams to 7. You want to make the playoffs? Be among the best. I don't want to watch a shit show of a team in the playoffs, ever.
I think you might be missing the point...

Week 17 (18) is essentially kind of worthless with one bye...the Chiefs rested their starters. Why not turn that required extra game into "elimination weekend"...dont even have to call it the "playoffs".

The best 8 teams in the NFL get a week off to rest....chances are the best teams win anyway.

I was writing this format from the NFL's perspective...
[Reply]
kccrow 04:36 PM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I think you might be missing the point...

Week 17 (18) is essentially kind of worthless with one bye...the Chiefs rested their starters. Why not turn that required extra game into "elimination weekend"...dont even have to call it the "playoffs".

The best 8 teams in the NFL get a week off to rest....chances are the best teams win anyway.

I was writing this format from the NFL's perspective...
You're still sticking 3/4 of the league in the playoffs. It's beyond ridiculous. They should be eliminated by virtue of sucking complete ass all year.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up