ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>Let Me Apologize About Some Things
gblowfish 09:42 AM 10-19-2021
For some reason, yet to be determined, my scheduled guest writer for the WTF -or is it WFT- game went all Eric Berry on me.

I don't know why.

Hopefully it's nothing serious like a family emergency. Maybe he's trying to write everything in iambic pentameter, or as a Haiiku, or have it translated from the ancient Arabic? Perhaps he's having a hard time presenting his answers in the form of a question? Maybe this is a piece of performance art where he's doing an impression of George Jones?

Maybe the dog ate the homework?

Maybe he gave up football for attending the Renaissance Festival?

Maybe I should accept that sometimes when somebody promises to do something for you, it doesn't always come through. Like the guy who promises you he'll pay you back that hundred dollars by the end of the week. Or the guy who promises the judge he'll make that monthly child support payment. Or when Mel Kiper says Jamarcus Russell will be the next great QB.

Anyway, here's one thing: I'm glad we won this week and that the Bills beat up the Titans really good last night.

Edit: I guess that's two things...BONUS!!

Derrick Henry frightens me.

And here we go on to next week....

Follow up: Just got a PM from the person who says they were in the hospital Sunday. So, OK then...
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 10:39 AM 10-19-2021
Quite honestly, I'm offended and am actively seeking to cancel this column going forward.
[Reply]
Mennonite 10:42 AM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by Otter:
Be careful out there, life comes up and bites ya in the ass.

Did you at least manage to convince the mayor to close the beaches?
[Reply]
Hydrae 10:44 AM 10-19-2021
I'm the culprit here.

There was an incident that occurred of over the weekend and I missed the game. I had some research done and bullet points made up and a pen and paper ready to take notes during the game.

Here's one I never knew from the research:

Anyway, I apologize to the board and George. Be careful out there, life comes up and bites ya in the ass without warning sometimes.
Glad all is seemingly well for you now.

I just read that the 76 yards that the defense gave up in the second half (with 0 points!) is the second lowest by any team in the second half this season. Does this mean we may actually have 1/2 a defense? :-)
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:45 AM 10-19-2021
Sorry GB my bf Tyler cuffed me to the bed and lost the key
[Reply]
gblowfish 11:39 AM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Sorry GB my bf Tyler cuffed me to the bed and lost the key
Likely story...
Attached: AMCross.jpg (79.3 KB) 
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:53 AM 10-19-2021
I'm the culprit here.

There was an incident that occurred of over the weekend and I missed the game. I had some research done and bullet points made up and a pen and paper ready to take notes during the game.

Anyway, I apologize to the board and George. Be careful out there, life comes up and bites ya in the ass without warning sometimes.

At least you are ok and that's the important thing.
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:55 AM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Are you taking volunteers for future 10 Things threads?

Sign me up.

I'd like to read Direckshun I'm intrigued. Hopefully he doesn't steer us in the wrong direckshun.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:12 PM 10-19-2021
skinbra or Midnight Vulture not available?
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:17 PM 10-19-2021
This is why we can't have nice things.
[Reply]
alanm 02:39 PM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
skinbra or Midnight Vulture not available?
I would definitely tune in for his write up. :-)
[Reply]
Coach 03:54 PM 10-19-2021
I guess gblowfish got Hootie'd.
[Reply]
REDHOTGTO 06:28 PM 10-19-2021
george you goy nuttin to apologize for man, you've carried us for years
[Reply]
digger 06:49 PM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
For some reason, yet to be determined, my scheduled guest writer for the WTF -or is it WFT- game went all Eric Berry on me.

I don't know why.

Hopefully it's nothing serious like a family emergency. Maybe he's trying to write everything in iambic pentameter, or as a Haiiku, or have it translated from the ancient Arabic? Perhaps he's having a hard time presenting his answers in the form of a question? Maybe this is a piece of performance art where he's doing an impression of George Jones?

Maybe the dog ate the homework?

Maybe he gave up football for attending the Renaissance Festival?

Maybe I should accept that sometimes when somebody promises to do something for you, it doesn't always come through. Like the guy who promises you he'll pay you back that hundred dollars by the end of the week. Or the guy who promises the judge he'll make that monthly child support payment. Or when Mel Kiper says Jamarcus Russell will be the next great QB.

Anyway, here's one thing: I'm glad we won this week and that the Bills beat up the Titans really good last night.

Edit: I guess that's two things...BONUS!!

And here we go on to next week....

Follow up: Just got a PM from the person who says they were in the hospital Sunday. So, OK then...

Added to the list anyway... :-)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:51 PM 10-19-2021
I'm the culprit here.

Be well, sir.

No apologies needed from you or the gblowfish.

CP is plenty able to survive without a week of “Things” but it’s certainly much richer for its existence.
[Reply]
MatriculatingHank 06:57 PM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Me too...
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up