ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 17
« First < 71314151617
Nzoner's Game Room>Trade deadline additions
O.city 09:59 AM 10-18-2021
I don't think they should or will throw any high picks out but looking around the league, who do you guys think they could add that would help?
[Reply]
Phoneix 03:19 PM 11-01-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
So Sneed can't slide to that spot with Fenton on the outside and Hughes manning the slot? This defense has been shit with or without Tyrann. He has made zero difference.
Maybe because the issues are at DE and LB? If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree….cmon man.
[Reply]
oldman 04:06 PM 11-01-2021
It makes no sense to trade for a WR at this point in the season. It's not the offense, it's the defense that's killing us. Which non-playing WR would you cut to make room for him? That WR wouldn't have time to learn the playbook. If you make a trade, make it for someone that can make a tackle and stuff a hole.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:58 PM 11-01-2021
Originally Posted by oldman:
It makes no sense to trade for a WR at this point in the season. It's not the offense, it's the defense that's killing us. Which non-playing WR would you cut to make room for him? That WR wouldn't have time to learn the playbook. If you make a trade, make it for someone that can make a tackle and stuff a hole.
Yep.

They already added "that" piece on offense. It's up to Gordon to get himself on the field.

The need defensive ends like there's no tomorrow.
[Reply]
notorious 05:05 PM 11-01-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yep.

They already added "that" piece on offense. It's up to Gordon to get himself on the field.

The need defensive ends like there's no tomorrow.

If 27 year old Jerry Rice joined the team Andy would have him riding the bench for at least 8-9 games.

I have no idea why he does this.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:13 PM 11-01-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
If 27 year old Jerry Rice joined the team Andy would have him riding the bench for at least 8-9 games.

I have no idea why he does this.
Andy is an academic when it comes to his offense. He values "book smarts". I personally don't think it's the best idea when you're talking about a sport that emphasizes speed and power but Andy values knowledge over just about everything else.
[Reply]
-King- 05:17 PM 11-01-2021
Brandin Cooks would be amazing in this offense and he can seemingly pick up a playbook faster than any NFL player ever. But yeah I'd still have low confidence of ever seeing him on the field.
[Reply]
notorious 05:36 PM 11-01-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Andy is an academic when it comes to his offense. He values "book smarts". I personally don't think it's the best idea when you're talking about a sport that emphasizes speed and power but Andy values knowledge over just about everything else.
Is that why we look talent-starved right now?
[Reply]
notorious 05:41 PM 11-01-2021
New offensive Free Agent when arriving to the Chief's facility.

Same player when Andy finally puts him in a game:

[Reply]
Dante84 09:47 PM 11-01-2021
We need a #3 safety. Sorensen is poison.

And we need a 3rd reliable Receiving option. Double Travis and Tyreek and it’s a complete tossup if someone else can get open fast.
[Reply]
kccrow 11:07 PM 11-01-2021
Originally Posted by Phoneix:
Maybe because the issues are at DE and LB? If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree….cmon man.
If you trade Mathieu it gives you the space to actually trade for a decent DE.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:47 PM 11-01-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
If you trade Mathieu it gives you the space to actually trade for a decent DE.
If we trade Tyrann, that also means more of Sorensen.
[Reply]
kccrow 12:01 AM 11-02-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
If we trade Tyrann, that also means more of Sorensen.
Not if they play Sneed at safety instead of CB, which is what I'm promoting as his best fit and what I'd like to see when Tyrann is gone.
[Reply]
JakeF 12:05 AM 11-02-2021
That's just not true.

We have an elite QB and expect more offense than we are currently getting. We were scoring 30 pts a game during our Super Bowl years and we could basically score at will to control the game. We are struggling to get anywhere near than now. Especially with all the turnovers.

30+ pts tonight and the Giants game is a laugher.

If another WR settles Mahomes down and brings the power back to our offense, that does more for us than almost any Defensive player we could add.

We need:

#2 Possession WR
pass rushing DE

I doubt we add anyone of significance though. We have already passed up or failed at adding positions of need.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:47 AM 11-02-2021
Wouldn't be shocked if Odell is moved today (money is on Packers). Could be a similar situation to Miller where the Browns pay most of his salary for more return in draft capital. Odell's dad seems to think Baker is purposely holding Odell back...

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:51 AM 11-02-2021
Intredasting.

As we embark on Deshaun Watson watch before today's 4 p.m. deadline, keep in mind #Dolphins would need to create $16M in cap space to fit in Watson's salary.

Miami has $1.8M in cap space, so that means players would either need to be traded, cut or restructured to make it work

— Omar Kelly (@OmarKelly) November 2, 2021

[Reply]
Page 17 of 17
« First < 71314151617
Up