Page 47 of 934
« First < 374344454647 484950515797147547 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:53 PM 02-09-2017
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Is 30 cattle enough that you're allowed to wear the 10-gallon hat? I don't know the rules about that.
No rules. But most of the guys that wear 10 gallon hats also wear their ass as a hat. Most good cowboys don't wear cowboy hats.

Originally Posted by Iowanian:
We had cattle most of my life. Finally convinced my dad to sell out after he called me one day when I was Ygetting ready to leave town. I gave him the "call you right back, click" because someone was bitching at me about something....and 5-10 minutes later when I called back he said a cow had knocked a gate over and broke his leg and he was sitting in the snow in the middle of a field.

I went and got him...and still feel like an asshole, but am glad he sold them at the time.
Now that my siblings have returned to the area and almost all have land, we'll probably all end up with cows again.
Yeah, my maternal grandpa had cows, and quite frankly was bad at it. Accordingly, I have a shit perspective on running livestock. Whenever I had to help, it was typically me vs the cow.

My mom got dumptrucked when I was in college. I wish grandpa would have sold out the year before that happened.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:20 PM 02-09-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Nice!

30 critters is a decent herd. Better you than me though, I'm a shit cowboy. Corn doesn't get out, break down fences, charge you, or generally be a pain in the cock.
You must not be using the new Monsanto seed brand.
[Reply]
Hootie 09:44 PM 02-09-2017
Bought 100 shares of Activision Blizzard at $36.05 a month back, or so ... 4th quarter earnings hit today. Let's just say, happy bear. First stock I've ever bought (because they acquired MLG and I truly believe eGaming is the next UFC) - everyone, buy Activision. Great long. It's gonna explode

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
[Reply]
O.city 10:20 PM 02-09-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Nice!

30 critters is a decent herd. Better you than me though, I'm a shit cowboy. Corn doesn't get out, break down fences, charge you, or generally be a pain in the cock.

Be sure to keep the paperwork on the purchase. I'm pretty sure you have to depreciate breeding stock. Welcome to the cool kids club that have to file a Schedule F :-)

Unfortunately though, you missed the fun times. Looks like its making a bottom, so might be a good time to get in.

That's what I'm hoping. Well see. I'm looking more for the long haul trying to build so hopefully it works out.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:50 PM 02-09-2017
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
You must not be using the new Monsanto seed brand.
Are you talking about the Extend beans that dudes are shooting their neighbors over? I don't grow beans. Plus it's not the beans that are the problem it is the jackasses killing their neighbors non-extend beans with Dicamba.

You probably aren't talking about extend beans but it still amazes me that herbicide volitalization is worth murder.

Originally Posted by O.city:
That's what I'm hoping. Well see. I'm looking more for the long haul trying to build so hopefully it works out.
You just need to take care of business. Keep the critters alive and gaining. Cow calf guys don't get taken to the cleaners like feeder guys are prone to do. You just need to not lose money. That's what kills you. Oh and SE tax. Prepare thy anus. Which if your practice is a sole proprietorship you will know all about.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:52 PM 02-09-2017
Originally Posted by Romosexual:
Bought 100 shares of Activision Blizzard at $36.05 a month back, or so ... 4th quarter earnings hit today. Let's just say, happy bear. First stock I've ever bought (because they acquired MLG and I truly believe eGaming is the next UFC) - everyone, buy Activision. Great long. It's gonna explode

I've got activision. I used to play Starcraft back in the day. But I honestly have no idea about anything else in this post. Other than 4Q earnings, 100 shares and long.

What is mlg and what is egaming.
[Reply]
Hootie 12:00 AM 02-10-2017
about a year ago I was working with a guy who is probably the 3rd or 4th best Halo player in the world ...

started following him on Twitch, he actually won the X-Games Gold Medal (LOL) in Halo. I realized how big kids were (10-18) in watching other people play video games. They were getting MASSIVE crowds - selling out stadiums - shit, I was watching on Twitch and it was THRILLING - like watching football, or basketball ...

Pro Gamers. No joke.

I wanted to figure out how to invest in e-gaming (and it's still in it's infancy) ...

well Activision acquired MLG (major league gaming) which is mostly known for Call of Duty tournaments (which are huge) for like $50M early last year and they plan on launching a network and they think it'll grow into a HUGE industry.

The best I can liken it to is I think it'll be the next UFC. I think it'll be huge. On top of that, they acquired King Digital (Candy Crush) for $6B and Activision is the exclusive e-gaming rights with Facebook ...

add that into the fact America is spoiled and now every game has expansion packs and in game buying for all the 12 year old idiots to spend from their mom's credit cards ... instead of games being a flat $50 like they were a decade ago ... you buy Overwatch for $60 and then spend another $500 on map packs, expansion shit, etc ... it's never end spend.

Investing in video games is the way to go. Activision and EA are awesome longs.

But yeah, I truly think, within 5 years, e-gaming explodes. Most 25 and under aren't investing and have no market influence ... so e-gaming, and I could be wrong because I'm a n00b, I feel ... is flying WAY under the radar.

They acquired MLG for $40M ... if it's worth $5B in a few years? That seems like a good ROI, no?

But yeah, any time I have a few extra bucks I'm buying more and more and more ATVI Stock. I truly think it's a great investment.
[Reply]
DadLeft4Cigarettes 01:57 AM 02-10-2017
sometime when I have some left over loot from payday - I will buy 5 or 10 one dolla scratch off lottery tickets u haf to constistenly think big picture when finanses concernd I always thing of me and ma,s future together and what will buy after big hit, that thyme is coming sune 2 wait n watch

I play bingo to becauce u have to sonstistenly turn over stone look 4 diamone
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:35 AM 02-10-2017
Huh. I had no idea. I certainly wouldn't plow all of your money in there, Hootie.
[Reply]
wutamess 08:58 AM 02-10-2017
about a year ago I was working with a guy who is probably the 3rd or 4th best Halo player in the world ...

started following him on Twitch, he actually won the X-Games Gold Medal (LOL) in Halo. I realized how big kids were (10-18) in watching other people play video games. They were getting MASSIVE crowds - selling out stadiums - shit, I was watching on Twitch and it was THRILLING - like watching football, or basketball ...

Pro Gamers. No joke.

I wanted to figure out how to invest in e-gaming (and it's still in it's infancy) ...

well Activision acquired MLG (major league gaming) which is mostly known for Call of Duty tournaments (which are huge) for like $50M early last year and they plan on launching a network and they think it'll grow into a HUGE industry.

The best I can liken it to is I think it'll be the next UFC. I think it'll be huge. On top of that, they acquired King Digital (Candy Crush) for $6B and Activision is the exclusive e-gaming rights with Facebook ...

add that into the fact America is spoiled and now every game has expansion packs and in game buying for all the 12 year old idiots to spend from their mom's credit cards ... instead of games being a flat $50 like they were a decade ago ... you buy Overwatch for $60 and then spend another $500 on map packs, expansion shit, etc ... it's never end spend.

Investing in video games is the way to go. Activision and EA are awesome longs.

But yeah, I truly think, within 5 years, e-gaming explodes. Most 25 and under aren't investing and have no market influence ... so e-gaming, and I could be wrong because I'm a n00b, I feel ... is flying WAY under the radar.

They acquired MLG for $40M ... if it's worth $5B in a few years? That seems like a good ROI, no?

But yeah, any time I have a few extra bucks I'm buying more and more and more ATVI Stock. I truly think it's a great investment.
I actually think you're on to something...
I'd like to get in 100 shares as well... When would be a good time to get in you think? My kids love watching those twitchers. If they're hooked, I'm sure everyone else is.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:25 AM 02-10-2017
Originally Posted by wutamess:
I'd like to get in 100 shares as well... When would be a good time to get in you think? My kids love watching those twitchers. If they're hooked, I'm sure everyone else is.
A good time would have been a few days ago in the $30's before the financials hit. It exploded last night in after market trading for a 10% gain.

It should settle back down.

I like it too-lots of potential and pays a small dividend. Not buying at the all time high though.
[Reply]
Hootie 09:31 AM 02-10-2017
It's at $46 at open today ... Was at $36 January 1st ish ... I think it steadily keeps climbing for years. I think the e gaming division is grossly underestimated and there is so much revenue to be made by smart phone game revenue and game add ons after purchase and Activision owns all of their content. Hard to get to in depth on my phone but Activision blizzard with king is just a monster company in today's climate. Kids don't go outside anymore. It'll climb to $47ish today, I bet, and then bounce between 44-48 over the rest of the quarter then we'll see. I think it's a fantastic long though

[Reply]
Buehler445 09:33 AM 02-10-2017
Originally Posted by wutamess:
I'd draw a trendline under the lows and if it settles back down there, pull the trigger.
[Reply]
Hootie 09:36 AM 02-10-2017
3 longs - EA, Amazon and ATVI. Amazon is expensive as fuck but there is no way that doesn't crack 1500 within a few years. Take everything I say with a grain of salt, though. I'm a market n00b. Just invest in companies I believe in and I have such a low opinion on today's kid I say buy all the video game stock you can afford

[Reply]
Buehler445 09:41 AM 02-10-2017
3 longs - EA, Amazon and ATVI. Amazon is expensive as fuck but there is no way that doesn't crack 1500 within a few years. Take everything I say with a grain of salt, though. I'm a market n00b. Just invest in companies I believe in and I have such a low opinion on today's kid I say buy all the video game stock you can afford

Honestly, that's a very similar approach that Warren Buffet took/takes.

Or at least that's what he tells people.
[Reply]
Page 47 of 934
« First < 374344454647 484950515797147547 > Last »
Up