ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2002 of 4788
« First < 1002150219021952199219981999200020012002 200320042005200620122052210225023002 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:37 AM 09-05-2018
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
I'll be honest - I can't reasonably explain the scheduling oddity. But, I also can't reasonably explain why the league through good and bad seasons would purposefully prop up any one single team.

Why - why would the league do that, for Denver?
My guess would be "follow the money".

The mob started the NFL for gambling purposes...how many people really know (or knew) about the altitude advantage? It would be financially beneficial to know that a physical disadvantage exists for visiting teams...especially during the first month.

85% win rate on the first two home games is a pretty solid bet...

I would wager that this is directly connected to why, even the when Donks had bad teams, they rarely finished below 8-8. They haven't has back to back losing seasons since 1971.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:56 AM 09-05-2018
The air is the ONLY reason for that Op. Tex and I have been saying it for YEARS. A Denver team winning less than 8 is a 3 win team in normal circumstances. Those 8 and 9 win years, they were 6 win talent at best.
[Reply]
TEX 11:00 AM 09-05-2018
Originally Posted by BlackOp:

The mob started the NFL for gambling purposes...how many people really know (or knew) about the altitude advantage? It would be financially beneficial to know that a physical disadvantage exists for visiting teams...especially during the first month.

I would wager that this is directly connected to why, even the when Donks had bad teams, they rarely finished below 8-8. They haven't has back to back losing seasons since 1971.
Interesting...:-)
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 11:20 AM 09-05-2018
Perhaps if y’all fly a banner you could get CHunt to move his team to Salt Lake City or Albuquerque. At altitude, the Chiefs might finally win something worthy of your loyalty. Just a thought.
[Reply]
ptlyon 11:24 AM 09-05-2018
Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco:
Perhaps if y’all fly a banner you could get CHunt to move his team to Salt Lake City or Albuquerque. At altitude, the Chiefs might finally win something worthy of your loyalty. Just a thought.
England
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:25 AM 09-05-2018
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
After this year there's going to be 9 other teams pissed they didn't draft him when they had the chance and 22 other teams pissed they didn't trade up to get him.
10, because I guarantee Buffalo would do it all differently, if they could.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:27 AM 09-05-2018
Hunt is dumb enough to do it, so no, don't suggest it.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:36 AM 09-05-2018
Chiefs would be unbeatable if Terrorhead was at that altitude :-) Denver fans sit on their hands like they'd rather be playing grabass.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:42 AM 09-05-2018
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Denver has basically been a six win team for most of their existence propped by multiple cheap wins a year. Mostly pile high aided, but a few Papa aided...
Interesting...

Found this, only shows data since 2003 though.

All games: https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/tre...nge=yearly_all
Denver ranks 3rd.

Home games only: https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/tre...nge=yearly_all
Denver ranks 1st.

Road games only: https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/tre...nge=yearly_all
Denver ranks 6th.

So, yeah of all the teams on the road since 2003, Denver boasts the 6th best winning percentage. That totally validates the notion that they historically kinda suck without the home field advantage.

You'll notice several of the same teams ranked in the top 10 of each link, but yeah --- there's that Denver thin air bias and overwhelming advantage.

Same # of home wins as NE and PIT is only 9 beind them.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:48 AM 09-05-2018
Originally Posted by BlackOp:

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/tre...all&sc=is_home

Well, since 2003 against the spread in Denver... Broncos rank 15th.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:53 AM 09-05-2018
Same number of wins with FAR less talented teams... it's the air
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:55 AM 09-05-2018
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Same number of wins with FAR less talented teams... it's the air
Sure, because that explains the consistency of the road record. Maybe you have found a link that easily shows YOY franchise home and road win totals. If so, share it... I couldn't find one.

If you have data that supports they win 5+ games at home on average and under .500 on the road consistently... maybe you then have some supporting material.
[Reply]
COchief 01:08 PM 09-05-2018
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
The late 90s salary cap thing was more about deferred payments and not so much cap infractions that allowed them to retain more players than legally allowed.
Real simple for you:
Donks could not fit Elway and Davis under the cap without cheating, without Elway and Davis no SBs, therefore neither one is a legit SB win.

The Papa bowl was just a flat out joke, WWE had more legitimacy than that season and no one even bothers denying it was a complete farce. Cam took a big check so Manning could go out on top as planned by the NFL.

The reason the Elfraud cap cheating was swept under the rug and they only hit them with a 3rd to keep the great Elway legacy (bullshit) untarnished. Punishment should have been multiple 1st round picks.

Donks have zero legitimate super bowl wins, spin your bullshit anyway you want to.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 01:47 PM 09-05-2018

Russell Wilson talking about the Broncos defense:

“Obviously, it starts with Von, he’s one of the best players in the game of football... ever.”

Went on to compare Von to LeBron, Kobe and Steph Curry, noting that he’s going to get his.

— Ryan Koenigsberg (@RyanKoenigsberg) September 5, 2018

:-)
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:53 PM 09-05-2018
The Santa Fe Chiefs has a nice ring to it, and I could drive to the games and then eat good food afterwards.
[Reply]
Page 2002 of 4788
« First < 1002150219021952199219981999200020012002 200320042005200620122052210225023002 > Last »
Up