ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1502 of 4797
« First < 502100214021452149214981499150015011502 150315041505150615121552160220022502 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 09:43 AM 03-07-2018
McCown is my preferred vet QB. He's adequate, cheap, a good guy, and many people believe he's the ideal mentor for a young QB.

#ICYMI @Broncos @9NEWSSports insider @MikeKlis said Josh McCown plus rookie QB could be Plan B #BroncosCountry w/@Tyler_Polumbus @AndyKOASports https://t.co/8gkdd7aOmV

— Orange & Blue 760 (@OrangeBlue760) March 7, 2018

:-)
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:54 AM 03-07-2018
Why the fuck did you smile about that?

Do you also smile about being retarded?

McCown isn't a good thing.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:56 AM 03-07-2018
Damn Denver is already raising the white flag in the division this year.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 10:07 AM 03-07-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Damn Denver is already raising the white flag in the division this year.

McCown shredded KC last year.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:10 AM 03-07-2018
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:

McCown shred KC last year.
I guess it's a good thing that the Broncos get to play that exact same defense next year.....right? No changes or anything.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 10:21 AM 03-07-2018
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
I guess it's a good thing that the Broncos get to play that exact same defense next year.....right? No changes or anything.
It's early. So far you've gotten Berry back, swapped Peters for Fuller, kept Sutton, and lost Parker and DJ. We'll see.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:23 AM 03-07-2018
It's early. So far you've gotten Berry back, swapped Peters for Fuller, kept Sutton, and lost Parker and DJ. We'll see.
And you still don't have a good QB.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:24 AM 03-07-2018
McCown is my preferred vet QB. He's adequate, cheap, a good guy, and many people believe he's the ideal mentor for a young QB.
Yes, a soon to be 39 year old McCown would be ideal... and I can't point to one instance where he's been an ideal mentor in past stints.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:26 AM 03-07-2018
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Yes, a soon to be 39 year old McCown would be ideal... and I can't point to one instance where he's been an ideal mentor in past stints.
Because Knowmo.

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:28 AM 03-07-2018
:-) Knowmo being excited at the prospect of the Broncos buying high on Josh fucking McCown is just hilarious. Maybe he'll be something different on his 11th NFL team.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 10:33 AM 03-07-2018

McCown shred KC last year.
That's why you like McCown. I get it now. You are so sick of losing to the Chiefs, that you want any quarterback that has managed a win against them in hopes of breaking that streak. :-) Good luck with that.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 10:35 AM 03-07-2018
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Shortly after I made that post, Manish Mehta made the argument for me. You should read that.

Originally Posted by :
The one quarterback who can save the Jets if they don't sign Kirk Cousins

The glass-half empty crowd has already given up on winning the Kirk Cousins Sweepstakes, wallowing in life without the prized free-agent quarterback. Oh sure, Cousins is still exploring all his options and surveying the landscape before signing on any dotted line, but Jets Nation, conditioned to expect the worst, already is thinking about the next best move for a team that hasn't had a franchise quarterback since man first walked on the moon.

If the Jets lose out on Cousins, who could opt for a more ready-made team in Minnesota, there's one man who could help Gang Green, an oldie but a goodie who'd play an invaluable part for this rebuilding outfit last year.

Josh McCown could save the day.

The 38-year-old would be the ideal mentor and bridge for an incoming rookie quarterback. McCown's leadership, selflessness and quality of play proved invaluable last season. The lone problem — and it was a significant one — was that his bridge effectively led to nowhere given that the future answer at quarterback wasn't on the roster.

McCown must be paired up with a first-round quarterback this year. A McCown-Petty-Hackenberg (or equivalent) quarterback room isn't going to cut it this year. It'll be an abject failure if the Jets miss out on Cousins or don't draft one of the top four signal callers in this year's draft.

"We're just looking for the right fit, be it a veteran quarterback or a younger guy," Todd Bowles said last week at the Scouting Combine about the kind of quarterback he needs. "We got to make sure we got the right fit for our team. It doesn't matter what age he is."

Bowles revealed that the Jets have three or four plans to address the most important position in the sport, but make no mistake: All hope is not lost if Cousins isn't wearing green and white in 2018, as long as they pair McCown with a coveted rookie.

McCown would be a terrific presence for Sam Darnold, Josh Allen, Josh Rosen or Baker Mayfield. You can make a solid case that a McCown-rookie first-round quarterback pairing might even be in the best interest for the organization's long-term health (even if it isn't necessarily in the best interest of the general manager or head coach). McCown's projected affordable salary (one-year deal for $6-$8 million) coupled with a rookie's four-year deal (with a fifth-year team option) would be peanuts compared to Cousins' likely annual salary of around $30 million.

McCown, who tied a career-high with 13 starts before breaking his hand in the final month, had 23 total touchdowns, only nine interceptions and a career-high 67.3 completion rate last season. He's made it abundantly clear this offseason that he'd like to return to the Jets for his 16th season. His familiarity with quarterbacks coach-turned-offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates is another reason why he belongs back here to help the rebuilding process.

McCown is an ego-less player in a league fueled by ego. There would be no better player or person to help guide a coveted rookie quarterback. Maybe McCown is the Week One starter that gives way to the younger guy at some point during the season. Maybe the rookie is the starter from Day One with McCown as his locker-room Yoda.

McCown is always willing to help. He can save the day in his own way.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...mmehta+twitter
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:36 AM 03-07-2018
Hell, I'd truly rather watch the Bills make a play for Foles... then, Denver can make a play for Tyrod Taylor. Send BUF a R3 pick for him, his contract is right and he has played pretty well. I know Kubiak likes him from their BAL days.

If you're going to get a stopgap for 2 years, that's the guy for me and the price isn't what you would pay for Keenum or others. They can rework that contract as well after acquiring him.

Do that, keep Lynch (I'm sure that's their preference) and Kelly just to see what happens with him. Then, in the draft - go OL @ 5 or trade back, but not too far back if the right offer is there.

I just have great hesitation about the QBs at the top of the draft... Tyrod has been an interesting QB the last few years. Nothing spectacular, but not really bad either. I'd rather go that route if all else fails.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:38 AM 03-07-2018
Shortly after I made that post, Manish Mehta made the argument for me. You should read that.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...mmehta+twitter
That seems like a good idea. Waste 8 million for a glorified QB coach because your staff has proven time and time again it can't do the job.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:39 AM 03-07-2018
That's not really an argument... it's a lot of hopey hope and message board prognosticating. Manish Mehta... ha, I fart in his general direction.
[Reply]
Page 1502 of 4797
« First < 502100214021452149214981499150015011502 150315041505150615121552160220022502 > Last »
Up