ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2411 of 2687
« First < 1411191123112361240124072408240924102411 2412241324142415242124612511 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:58 AM 02-06-2023
:-)

Patrick Mahomes Be like Pt 2!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!#biggestmahomesfan pic.twitter.com/h9jHKXkZr1

— Therealbearwa35 (@BearWA9) February 6, 2023

[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:10 AM 02-06-2023
That kid has the Mahomes awkward walk with head to shoulder down…ahem…Pat.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 09:38 AM 02-06-2023
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
That kid has the Mahomes awkward walk with head to shoulder down…ahem…Pat.
Man, he really does!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:44 AM 02-06-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
LOL.

It appears I had blocked that abomination from my memory.

That was easily the low point of the Mahomes era.
Yeah, I'd forgotten about that one as well.

There were no 'well if [x] happens were right there...' as was the case in that Buffalo game or even in the SB. There were some silver linings in those games.

That Titans game was just an absolute ass-kicking. We weren't competitive in any way. Didn't we end up benching Mahomes for the 4th quarter of that game? I'm trying to recall if he was hurt or if we just packed it in.

I mean I have ZERO memory of that game. It was just a 'burn the tapes' game through and through.
[Reply]
-King- 09:47 AM 02-06-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

There were no 'well if [x] happens were right there...' as was the case in that Buffalo game or even in the SB. There were some silver linings in those games.

That Titans game was just an absolute ass-kicking. We weren't competitive in any way. Didn't we end up benching Mahomes for the 4th quarter of that game? I'm trying to recall if he was hurt or if we just packed it in.

I mean I have ZERO memory of that game. It was just a 'burn the tapes' game through and through.
Yeah Mahomes played 75% of the snaps that game.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:47 AM 02-06-2023

I think Mahomes got like kneed in the head and left early.

Either way, that’s the only Mahomes Chiefs game that I’ve ever turned off early.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:48 AM 02-06-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
LOL.

It appears I had blocked that abomination from my memory.

That was easily the low point of the Mahomes era.
i had that game edited into a very depressing montage, as part of a season-long recap, just in case we won the super bowl, using this music

the bengals made sure it never saw the light of day tho :-)
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 09:49 AM 02-06-2023

I couldn't bring myself to watch the 2nd half. We just looked like a broken team midway through the season. Couldn't stop turning over the ball, Mahomes was in the middle of that funk trying to figure out Cover 2, our defense was historically awful.

It's actually quite a feat in itself how we turned that season around and *should've* gone to the Super Bowl.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:49 AM 02-06-2023
Geez - the Chiefs left that game at 3-4 w/ Mahomes having thrown 9 interceptions through 7 games, including turnovers in 6 straight.

Yikes - the Chiefs were struuuuuuugling at that point, weren't they?

Reid's never going to get another coach of the year award because his greatness is just expected. But man, looking at where they were right then kinda makes it clear that it ain't as easy as "just let Mahomes cook" - it's pretty clear we made some massive changes around then that have carried forward into this season.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:51 AM 02-06-2023
Geez - the Chiefs left that game at 3-4 w/ Mahomes having thrown 9 interceptions through 7 games, including turnovers in 6 straight.

reminded me of one of my madden franchises :-)
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:56 AM 02-06-2023

Reid's never going to get another coach of the year award because his greatness is just expected. But man, looking at where they were right then kinda makes it clear that it ain't as easy as "just let Mahomes cook" - it's pretty clear we made some massive changes around then that have carried forward into this season.
The most amazing part after that game is we got Melvin Ingram and then the defense is what carried us the next couple weeks against the Giants and Cowboys.

Could you imagine after the horrible start the defense had - like historically bad - that we'd be in the middle of the season and it would've been carrying Mahomes?

Then of course we played the Raiders and that did the trick...
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 10:04 AM 02-06-2023

That was a tough season. Teams took away the Tyreek deep threat, and all the underneath WR's bounced passes up for INTs. Even Kelce had a really unlucky bounce that led to a pick 6, I believe. It killed Mahomes confidence there for a few games. He was also really slow getting to his checkdowns. By the time he went for them, LB'ers were already there to blow it up for no gain. We didn't have a good running game at all, we weren't running many Jet Sweeps or Screens to help Mahomes out either.

But if anything, it did force Mahomes to accept the underneath stuff and get to his checkdowns a lot quicker. He's much more surgical in his approach now. If anything, I think his biggest weakness now is the accuracy on his deep ball. And I'm not sure if that's a Mahomes problem or just a constant miscommunication with his WR's.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:06 AM 02-06-2023
long term that helped us though

that allowed us to disconnect from tyreek and restock the defense

if the chiefs laugh their way to another SB with tyreek going bananas, maybe the team isn't set up long term now
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:54 PM 02-06-2023
NFL Honors show is being hosted in Phoenix, so Mahomes gets to claim MVP in person, right?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:38 AM 02-07-2023

[Reply]
Page 2411 of 2687
« First < 1411191123112361240124072408240924102411 2412241324142415242124612511 > Last »
Up