ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 76 of 86
« First < 26667273747576 77787980 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Josh Gordon to Chiefs
DaKCMan AP 01:58 PM 09-27-2021

Former All-Pro WR Josh Gordon, who is being reinstated, is planning to sign with the Kansas City Chiefs, sources tell ESPN. His agents, Eric Dounn and Matt Leist from @LAASportsEnt, confirmed Gordon is headed to Kansas City. pic.twitter.com/nqpJXn3oni

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 27, 2021

[Reply]
mr. tegu 12:27 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by Shields68:
You would think if that is the case he would be able to clearly standout in practice as a clear up grade and yet here we are. I think we need to face the fact he is washed and is not going to be a improvement.

Robinson and Pringle do nothing at a plus level. Even if Gordon isn’t what they hoped with regards to speed or routes or something he has elite plus level size that can be used and is desperately needed.
[Reply]
-King- 02:28 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by Shields68:
You would think if that is the case he would be able to clearly standout in practice as a clear up grade and yet here we are. I think we need to face the fact he is washed and is not going to be a improvement.
Ok sure, but then what does Robinson do that Pringle can't do better? The chiefs have fucked the WR position up so bad there's no reason for me to think they can properly evaluate who's better.

If Gordon is truly washed, fine, whatever, but there's no way on earth you can justify Robinson getting the most WR snaps. You can't even say it was cause of his run blocking because we barely ran all game. I don't understand a lot of personnel decisions this year.
[Reply]
notorious 02:29 PM 10-25-2021
The talent level is so depleted across the board I’m shocked he hasn’t played more.
[Reply]
RustShack 02:33 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Ok sure, but then what does Robinson do that Pringle can't do better? The chiefs have fucked the WR position up so bad there's no reason for me to think they can properly evaluate who's better.

If Gordon is truly washed, fine, whatever, but there's no way on earth you can justify Robinson getting the most WR snaps. You can't even say it was cause of his run blocking because we barely ran all game. I don't understand a lot of personnel decisions this year.
I hope it’s not Mahomes becoming LeBron and getting say on who we bring in and keep around. I get it that Reid’s playbook is a lot to learn but there’s no reason to not at least have a few packages and plays designed for Gordon.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:39 PM 10-25-2021
8 snaps is certainly not what we wanted from Gordon yesterday, but if anyone has the all 22 it'd be instructive to see how many of those 8 he was reasonably open on

I'm inclined toward pessimism with this coaching staff lately, but its always possible he simply wasn't being effective with his routes, or was just plain well covered
[Reply]
BossChief 02:45 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
8 snaps is certainly not what we wanted from Gordon yesterday, but if anyone has the all 22 it'd be instructive to see how many of those 8 he was reasonably open on

I'm inclined toward pessimism with this coaching staff lately, but its always possible he simply wasn't being effective with his routes, or was just plain well covered
Or Reid is not being imaginative in his play calling anymore and he’s become completely predictable. Same goes for the defense and Spags.

Or…is it possible that Bienemy is calling the plays because Reid is trying to get him a HC job and the consistent feedback was EB isn’t as desirable because he doesn’t call plays?
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:55 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Or Reid is not being imaginative in his play calling anymore and he’s become completely predictable. Same goes for the defense and Spags.

Or…is it possible that Bienemy is calling the plays because Reid is trying to get him a HC job and the consistent feedback was EB isn’t as desirable because he doesn’t call plays?
Both are certainly possible, I was just throwing out one potential reason

Said after the Bills game that I smelled Bienemy all over the gameplan... all those runs on first down were a dead giveaway
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:28 PM 10-26-2021
Andy’s loyalty to shit players like Robinson because they supposedly “know the offense” is pathetic.

Robinson’s snap count vs Josh Gordon’s snap count in the Tennessee game…

[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 01:33 PM 10-26-2021
It's malpractice that there hasn't been a single 50/50 sideline ball thrown to Gordon so far, similar to the ball thrown to Fortson in the Washington game.
[Reply]
penguinz 03:26 PM 10-26-2021
Both are certainly possible, I was just throwing out one potential reason

Said after the Bills game that I smelled Bienemy all over the gameplan... all those runs on first down were a dead giveaway
There is no way Reid is calling these games. Neither the plays or the sequence plays are being run look like Reid.
[Reply]
-King- 03:36 PM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:
There is no way Reid is calling these games. Neither the plays or the sequence plays are being run look like Reid.
We built a run blocking line and still shovel pass every time we get around the goal line....Reid is calling the plays.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 03:49 PM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:

Not buying that. Feels like we're scapegoating EB for what's more a Reid problem. I do think we need new blood at OC, but let's put the blame in the right place.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 03:53 PM 10-26-2021
Incorporating new players into the offensive gameplan seems to be a reoccurring problem.

Josh Gordon, Noah Gray, Jerick McKinnon have all been barely used while deadweight mediocrity Robinson gets more targets than all three of those players combined so far this season.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:55 PM 10-26-2021
I just cut him from my fantasy team.

200 yards and 3 TDs incoming.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 03:55 PM 10-26-2021

I'd also be interested to see how many short and intermediate routes he ran. A few weeks into our struggles and I can't understand why we're not running slants and screens even just a little bit. Even on limited snaps with Gordon feels like we're setting him up to fail.
[Reply]
Page 76 of 86
« First < 26667273747576 77787980 > Last »
Up