ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1764 of 3903
« First < 764126416641714175417601761176217631764 176517661767176817741814186422642764 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Monticore 07:44 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Healthcare bro. We all just seem to be sharing it, even with all the PPE we were using...,..oh yeah that we were reusing every ****ing day.
How can they tell for sure when you got infected? I am surprised they are not making you stay away longer , until at least a 2 negative tests.
[Reply]
O.city 07:47 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Trivia for you: the first person whose tissue tested positive for HIV was a 15-year-old teenager from St. Louis that had never left the Missouri area who died in 1969.
Wasn’t he forced into child prostitution or something?
[Reply]
O.city 07:48 PM 05-01-2020
Nevermind I should have read more
[Reply]
lewdog 07:50 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
How can they tell for sure when you got infected? I am surprised they are not making you stay away longer , until at least a 2 negative tests.
Wait what? I’m 7 days out from my known exposure (last day worked) and have been at home this entire time. My test came back positive today. I get tested again Sunday. I must have 2 negative tests in a row to go back to work.

Hamas, what’s likelihood of my positive result not being accurate? Does that happen like all these false negatives?
[Reply]
Loneiguana 07:51 PM 05-01-2020
Didnt check too far back to see if this was posted yet:

US germ warfare research leads to new early Covid-19 test

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...id-19-carriers

Scientists working for the US military have designed a new Covid-19 test that could potentially identify carriers before they become infectious and spread the disease, the Guardian has learned.

In what could be a significant breakthrough, project coordinators hope the blood-based test will be able to detect the virus’s presence as early as 24 hours after infection – before people show symptoms and several days before a carrier is considered capable of spreading it to other people. That is also around four days before current tests can detect the virus.

[Reply]
Monticore 07:55 PM 05-01-2020
Wait what? I’m 7 days out from my known exposure (last day worked) and have been at home this entire time. My test came back positive today. I get tested again Sunday. I must have 2 negative tests in a row to go back to work.

Hamas, what’s likelihood of my positive result not being accurate? Does that happen like all these false negatives?
Didn’t know about the know exposure sorry must have missed it.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 07:56 PM 05-01-2020
CNN: 6 feet is not enough! Need 5 million rapid tests a day to reopen in July! Will only stop covid with herd immunity but stay shutdown anyway so we don't overwhelm hospitals! No state, none, has met the criteria! We care about your family, and poor people who can't work because shutdown! Remdisivir is not a game changer! We may never have a vaccine! But stay quarantined amyway! We follow science!
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:57 PM 05-01-2020
I tested positive. I’m 7 days quarantined from my exposure at work.

I have no symptoms with my positive test. Hope that continues.
I don’t have a Pappy to send but there’s a Magic Johnson jersey headed your way if you pull through.
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 07:59 PM 05-01-2020
Well that will certainly do it. Be sure to stretch your calves and Achilles before explosive exercises for a while after your treatment course. Fluoroquinolones (more cipro than levo) can increase your risk of Achilles rupture for about a month, but if you aren't also taking corticosteroids, your age puts you at fairly low risk.
Good advice, thank you. Anything else I should be doing outside of hydrating, resting, and eating healthy to clear this out quicker?

Also tonight was the first time I’ve ever used a nebulizer, and it had me a bit light headed. Didn’t love it. Is that key for clearing out the lungs? I’ll use it as long as it helps, but I asked my poor Doc so many questions but I didn’t dig into the whole nebulizer machine.

The way I understood it (very limited biology knowledge) I have bronchial inflammation as well as pneumonia in my right lung. I asked if it looked like I had lung damage, like maybe from Covid prior (all the stuff I learn on here) and he politely smiled and said no, 90% chance that this treatment schedule works and I’m good to go and if not he said there were other options he could explore. I was asking catastrophic outcome questions, and he seemed rather confident whatever the tests say I’ll be alright. He did seem surprised to see the pneumonia.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:10 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I don’t have a Pappy to send but there’s a Magic Johnson jersey headed your way if you pull through.

:-)

Fuck!

I should have made a Pappy bet with someone before my test results!!!
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:25 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by The PMII Hypothesis:
Good advice, thank you. Anything else I should be doing outside of hydrating, resting, and eating healthy to clear this out quicker?

Also tonight was the first time I’ve ever used a nebulizer, and it had me a bit light headed. Didn’t love it. Is that key for clearing out the lungs? I’ll use it as long as it helps, but I asked my poor Doc so many questions but I didn’t dig into the whole nebulizer machine.

The way I understood it (very limited biology knowledge) I have bronchial inflammation as well as pneumonia in my right lung. I asked if it looked like I had lung damage, like maybe from Covid prior (all the stuff I learn on here) and he politely smiled and said no, 90% chance that this treatment schedule works and I’m good to go and if not he said there were other options he could explore. I was asking catastrophic outcome questions, and he seemed rather confident whatever the tests say I’ll be alright. He did seem surprised to see the pneumonia.
For patients that have more compromised lung function and can't suck in hard enough to use a dry powder inhaler or a metered dose inhaler with propellant, it will allow the drug to penetrate deep enough into the lung to exert its desired action.

The drug is going to help the bronichial constriction through different mechanisms depending upon what he wrote for. If it was albuterol (most likely) then the medication will activate the beta-2 receptors in your lungs, which leads to relaxation. You might have some shakiness, lightheadedness, and an increased heartbeat. Those are all other actions stimulated by beta-2 agonists in our body (we can't selectively turn those on, unfortunately). He could also have written for a combination of albuterol and ipratropium, which will do what I said above, just through different mechanisms (targeting muscarinic receptors with different side effects for ipratropium).

As far as other treatments, you're on it. Levaquin is the biggest gun they'll give you for outpatient treatment of community-acquired pneumonia (fluoroquinolones have increasing issues with resistance and shouldn't be used much in children, those with heart arrhythmias or the elderly because of side effects). Levaquin is nice because it has better strep pneumo coverage than ciprofloxacin, and better gram-positive coverage (which it sacrifices for gram-negative coverage that cipro does better), and also covers atypical bacterial pathogens.

You sound like a pretty ideal patient--motivated to learn, eating well, exercises, few, if any comorbidities. I'd certainly bet heavily on you being fine.
[Reply]
O.city 08:27 PM 05-01-2020
:-)

****!

I should have made a Pappy bet with someone before my test results!!!
Good luck fucker. Guess you should have gotten it sooner

But seriously, hope you're ok
[Reply]
mr. tegu 08:40 PM 05-01-2020
It’s been two weeks since Jacksonville’s beaches opened. Duval county had about 850 cases on April 17. Today it’s 1025. That’s an increase of about 12–13 per day. Deaths have risen from 15 to 22. They have been pretty steady trending towards reductions, as is the case statewide. Pretty clear though that allowing people to go outside hasn’t really had an affect there.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:41 PM 05-01-2020
I know false negatives can be common, but what about false positives?

Hamas, please for this. Thanks.
With so many different tests it's hard to say definitively, but they all tend to have a fairly high sensitivity (finding the true positives), so I would be fairly certain that you are positive. Given your exposure, you should definitely treat yourself as though you are positive, but you are smart and responsible, so I don't think that's going to be an issue.

Either way, best of luck. You'll do well.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:42 PM 05-01-2020
I haven't seen much data indicating that this is an especially bad flu season. Deaths and hospitalizations through January weren't abnormally high. The spike in the graph on the CDC website combines both pneumonia and influenza deaths, so it can be a little confusing when you first look it.

Hospitalizations were quite a bit lower (about 30%) than 2017-8. Pediatric deaths were about 10% lower than 2017-18, but 20% higher than last year.

Did you find that info somewhere else?
I guess it's bad for kids...

https://www.advisory.com/daily-brief.../07/flu-update

Originally Posted by :
Worst flu season for children in a decade
This flu season has been especially bad for children, according to CDC. The latest CDC report shows 162 pediatric deaths were reported as of March 28, with seven new pediatric deaths occurring in the week ending on March 28. The cumulative hospitalization rate for children ages four and under so far this season is 93.9 per 100,000 people.

[Reply]
Page 1764 of 3903
« First < 764126416641714175417601761176217631764 176517661767176817741814186422642764 > Last »
Up