ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 22
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs trade for CB Mike Hughes
Dante84 03:01 PM 05-13-2021

Trade: #Vikings are trading former first-round CB Mike Hughes to the #Chiefs*, per @AdamSchefter. Secondary help as he enters a contract year.

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) May 13, 2021

Chiefs and Vikings swapped late-round draft picks, with Kansas City also getting back Minnesota’s 2018 first-round pick, per source. https://t.co/EiWiQFgAQS

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 13, 2021

The Chiefs are sending their 2022 sixth-round pick to Minnesota for Hughes and their 2022 seventh-round pick, per source. https://t.co/XKJ2JPH9hO

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) May 13, 2021

[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:26 PM 05-13-2021
Heard on the radio Patrick Petersons 8mil cap is higher than all of the Chiefs cornerbacks combined. That's crazy.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:33 PM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Heard on the radio Patrick Petersons 8mil cap is higher than all of the Chiefs cornerbacks combined. That's crazy.
Bretts playing 5D chess

Everyone else is playing Candyland
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 06:42 PM 05-13-2021
Low risk move, why not. If it works out, it’s a steal. If not, meh, cut him and move on.

That’s now two former first round CB’s we’ve traded for in last 2 years. Hopefully one of those two ‘hit’ and figure it out.

At least with Hughes, he should have some value as a returner if the CB thing doesn’t work out.

We’ll see, I guess . . . . .
[Reply]
Skyy God 07:02 PM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Low risk move, why not. If it works out, it’s a steal. If not, meh, cut him and move on.

That’s now two former first round CB’s we’ve traded for in last 2 years. Hopefully one of those two ‘hit’ and figure it out.

At least with Hughes, he should have some value as a returner if the CB thing doesn’t work out.

We’ll see, I guess . . . . .
Baker was a FA signing after being cut.
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 07:09 PM 05-13-2021
No idea who Mike Hughes is and I don't watch enough Vikings games to form an opinion.

I've given Bart Vouch my general power of attorney, so it should go without saying that I trust him wholeheartedly to make this move.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:10 PM 05-13-2021
love it.

One of these days we're going to hit the jackpot on one of these guys.
[Reply]
In58men 07:20 PM 05-13-2021
Breeland on Twitter

“Welp there u go”
[Reply]
MikeVike 07:27 PM 05-13-2021
Minnesota fan... I loved Mike Hughes out if the draft. Since then he's proved he can't cover and as a run stopping CB he got his neck broke... There's a reason this trade happened, and you're not dealing with the Raiders front office. We just turned a seventh ouch and into a sixth by giving you a completely destroyed prospect

Mike Hughes.. after breaking his neck and his knee..
[Reply]
Redbled 07:34 PM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by MikeVike:
Minnesota fan... I loved Mike Hughes out if the draft. Since then he's proved he can't cover and as a run stopping CB he got his neck broke... There's a reason this trade happened, and you're not dealing with the Raiders front office. We just turned a seventh ouch and into a sixth by giving you a completely destroyed prospect

Moving up a few spots from the 7th to 6th round is how title teams are built.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:37 PM 05-13-2021

Emmanuel Ogbah and Taco Charlton were pretty useless too early in their careers.

Until they joined the Chiefs under Steve Spagnuolo’s defense. We’re OK taking a swing here.
[Reply]
The Franchise 07:38 PM 05-13-2021

Wow. You went from the top of the 7th to the bottom of the 6th. Such value.
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:38 PM 05-13-2021

We'll see, it was a nothing trade either way

Meanwhile, your QB is Kirk Cousins lol

Well, Bye
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 07:45 PM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
No stone ever unturned.
Tells you what he thought of Hughes at the time of this draft and when he would be possibly available(or better, making him available by approaching them first but we really don't know who approached who first) but yes I totally concur that a good GM never leaves any stone unturned but even better creates a stone to be turned when there are none, to meet a need.:-)
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 07:52 PM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Meanwhile, your QB is Kirk Cousins lol
BOOM !!!

:-):-)
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:01 PM 05-13-2021
Mighty Mouse 2 - Electric Boogaloo
[Reply]
Page 8 of 22
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »