ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 19
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Eric Fisher to the Colts
staylor26 09:52 AM 05-10-2021

Pro Bowl LT Eric Fisher is signing a one-year, $9.4 million deal with the Indianapolis Colts, per source. The former No. 1 overall pick now will be Carson Wentz’s blindside protector.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 10, 2021

[Reply]
RealSNR 09:45 AM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Oh, shit. Did I say possible October return?

I meant "day-to-day".
My God, man. It's an achilles, not a haglund. It's not a death sentence!
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:45 AM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:
The Bears gave up their first this year, next year, and 2 other picks to get Fields.
The Colts gave up a 3rd this year and a 2nd/1st next year.

They gave up quite a bit less to get Wentz.
Wentz will count 10x against the cap as Fields will this year, and even more the next 2 years assuming the Colts can even afford to keep him at his ridiculous cap numbers.
[Reply]
TEX 09:53 AM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Love Fish. Good luck in Indy.

Don't really see him helping out much this year, due to his injury but whatever.

Glad he got paid somewhere else. Wish him well.

(hoping for Indy's sake they have a backup plan)
This is how I feel also. Except, I hope they don't have a backup plan.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:54 AM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Wentz will count 10x against the cap as Fields will this year, and even more the next 2 years assuming the Colts can even afford to keep him at his ridiculous cap numbers.
Exactly. Because of that contract, the deal is only great for the Colts if Wentz returns to his 2017 form (or whatever year it was where he was looking like runaway MVP).

It's probably still worth it if he just plays ok. Still too much, but then again, that's kind of the deal these days. Your veteran game manager these days is making $20+ million/season. The main negative to that is of course it turns into just another "solid but nothing spectacular" move that Ballard has come to be associated with.

And obviously, if he's worse than that, the deal is a giant dumpster fire. Won't get Ballard fired by any means, but it means he's back to the drawing board with even less to work with.
[Reply]
Skyy God 10:00 AM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:
The Bears gave up their first this year, next year, and 2 other picks to get Fields.
The Colts gave up a 3rd this year and a 2nd/1st next year.

They gave up quite a bit less to get Wentz.
Colts fans deserve Ballard.

Your warped perception of value and winning trades matches his.
[Reply]
Wallymo 10:39 AM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
I wish Fish well in Indy. That is a bad injury for an LT hope he can overcome it. Very unpopular #1 draft pick for us but always went to war on the left side. Good luck on the comeback.
I'm thankful we picked Fish instead of Luke Joeckel, which appeared to be the big decision at the time. Joeckel quickly fell out of the league and is an underrated total bust for a #2 pick. The only QB in the first round was EJ Manuel. Awful draft.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 10:49 AM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Colts fan deserve Ballard.

Your warped perception of value and winning trades matches his.
:-)

How is what I wrote “warped”?
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 10:53 AM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Wentz has no guaranteed money remaining beyond the 25 million the Colts will pay him this upcoming season. If he sucks, they can walk away after that with no penalty.

If he works out, his cap hits are around 22 million for the remainder of his deal. That’s not a bad deal for a starting quarterback.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 10:58 AM 05-11-2021
8-9
[Reply]
Skyy God 10:59 AM 05-11-2021
Very Ballard move. Hoopsdoc will approve.

“ ESPN's Michael Rothstein reports the Colts could be among potential trade partners for Julio Jones.

Rothstein said the 49ers, Patriots, and Raiders could also be in the mix for Julio if the Falcons make the agonizing decision to part ways with their longtime franchise cornerstone. Colts general manager Chris Ballard's willingness to engage in blockbuster trade talks and Indy's salary cap space -- around $21.5 million -- leave the Colts as a favorite to land Jones.”
[Reply]
Skyy God 11:00 AM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
8-9
God I hate the new 17 game schedule.

Fuck the owners for their rapacious greed and the players for going along with it.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 11:05 AM 05-11-2021

Fuck the owners for their rapacious greed and the players for going along with it.
Agreed...I was thinking the same thing as I typed my response.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:06 AM 05-11-2021

How about when it goes to 18?
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:11 AM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
How about when it goes to 18?
At least then we'll be able to say, "______ a .500 team" to mean any team that mediocrely hangs around the 7-9/8-8 area.

Now you'll have to say "They're a 8-9/9-8 team" which doesn't roll off the tongue very well.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 11:12 AM 05-11-2021
Very Ballard move. Hoopsdoc will approve.

“ ESPN's Michael Rothstein reports the Colts could be among potential trade partners for Julio Jones.

Rothstein said the 49ers, Patriots, and Raiders could also be in the mix for Julio if the Falcons make the agonizing decision to part ways with their longtime franchise cornerstone. Colts general manager Chris Ballard's willingness to engage in blockbuster trade talks and Indy's salary cap space -- around $21.5 million -- leave the Colts as a favorite to land Jones.”
:-) Depends on the cost.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 19
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up