ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 19
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Eric Fisher to the Colts
staylor26 09:52 AM 05-10-2021

Pro Bowl LT Eric Fisher is signing a one-year, $9.4 million deal with the Indianapolis Colts, per source. The former No. 1 overall pick now will be Carson Wentz’s blindside protector.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 10, 2021

[Reply]
RealSNR 04:48 PM 05-10-2021
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:
Nah, all of those guys are quality starters, with the possible exception of Turay and Lewis, because they haven’t really been starters yet. Turay because of injury and Lewis because of Denico Autrys presence.

But they’ve done well when they’ve played and both of them will get a chance to start this season.
Michael Pittman's a quality starter?

Uhh, no. Look, you PROJECT him to be a quality starter because you like what you've seen, but no, thus far he's not.

It'd be like one of us thinking Mecole Hardman is going to take the next step with an expanded role in year 3, so he's now a quality starter whereas up to this point, he's lucky if he's been anything more than another Demarcus Robinson.

And you can add Jonathan Taylor onto that same "not quite there yet" list.
[Reply]
Kman34 05:11 PM 05-10-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
Hopefully this will finally end the dreams of some of the people here thinking Schwartz and Fisher would be coming back.
Exactly... Was never going to happen..
[Reply]
Raiderhater 05:29 PM 05-10-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Chris Ballard is Carl Peterson 2.0.

His drafts have been solid, if not confusing. He's traded for a backup QB in Jacoby Brissett, traded for an injured QB whose play fell off a cliff three years ago, settles for a second option at head coach and has absolutely no plan in place to make his team a contender.

Instead, he's hoping that something good might happen to his team during the "tournament".

He might be fine at identifying talent, even though his time in Chicago and Indy haven't amounted to much, but he's a lameass GM that hasn't taken any risks to pull the Colts out of their doldrums.

Which is fine by me because the Colts can suck it.
Long and hard.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 05:41 PM 05-10-2021
I actually like Wentz in Indy. I think its a better fit for him than Philadelphia. A country boy from North Dakota will feel more at home in Indianapolis and he had success under Reich before. Now its going to be Trevor Lawrence's divison in the forseable future but there will be a little time to make some noise between them and Titans see who can control for the next couple seasons.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 06:25 PM 05-10-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Michael Pittman's a quality starter?

Uhh, no. Look, you PROJECT him to be a quality starter because you like what you've seen, but no, thus far he's not.

It'd be like one of us thinking Mecole Hardman is going to take the next step with an expanded role in year 3, so he's now a quality starter whereas up to this point, he's lucky if he's been anything more than another Demarcus Robinson.

And you can add Jonathan Taylor onto that same "not quite there yet" list.
I mean, I guess technically, you’re right.

Pittman had 40 catches and 500 yards despite only starting 8 games in his rookie season. There’s no reason to think he won’t continue to improve.

Taylor had almost 1200 yards and 11 touchdowns as a rookie and came on incredibly strong to finish the season. If you can’t call him a quality starter, I’m not sure you can call ANYONE a quality starter.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 06:32 PM 05-10-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
I actually like Wentz in Indy. I think its a better fit for him than Philadelphia. A country boy from North Dakota will feel more at home in Indianapolis and he had success under Reich before. Now its going to be Trevor Lawrence's divison in the forseable future but there will be a little time to make some noise between them and Titans see who can control for the next couple seasons.
I think Wentz is gonna be alright. He may take awhile to get going but I think he’ll be a good quarterback next year.

I think Jax is gonna be good but they may be a year away. Tennessee doesn’t scare me. They’re a one trick pony. Houston is an absolute dumpster fire.

I think the Colts can indeed make some noise next year.
[Reply]
Skyy God 06:47 PM 05-10-2021
I think Wentz is gonna be alright. He may take awhile to get going but I think he’ll be a good quarterback next year.

I think Jax is gonna be good but they may be a year away. Tennessee doesn’t scare me. They’re a one trick pony. Houston is an absolute dumpster fire.

I think the Colts can indeed make some noise next year.
If by noise you mean a 1st round playoff exit, then yes.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 07:09 PM 05-10-2021
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
If by noise you mean a 1st round playoff exit, then yes.
You’re probably right, but it’s not like they had a ton of options. Rivers was done. Eason is a complete unknown. They gave Brissett a whole year and he stunk.

They inquired about Stafford but LA was gonna outbid everyone from the start.

To move from 21 into the top 5 would have been insanely expensive, so getting one of the studs in the draft was out.

There just weren’t a lot of options.

I think Ballard made the move with the most chance for success.
[Reply]
Skyy God 07:14 PM 05-10-2021
You’re probably right, but it’s not like they had a ton of options. Rivers was done. Eason is a complete unknown. They gave Brissett a whole year and he stunk.

They inquired about Stafford but LA was gonna outbid everyone from the start.

To move from 21 into the top 5 would have been insanely expensive, so getting one of the studs in the draft was out.

There just weren’t a lot of options.

I think Ballard made the move with the most chance for success.
There were options, but Ballard has small dick energy.

He gave up a likely 2022 first for Wentz, who looks broken.

I’d much rather trade up for Fields on a cheap contract than settle for a guy who can’t finish the season. And who is, by the way, a divisive locker room presence.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:47 PM 05-10-2021
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
There were options, but Ballard has small dick energy.

He gave up a likely 2022 first for Wentz, who looks broken.

I’d much rather trade up for Fields on a cheap contract than settle for a guy who can’t finish the season. And who is, by the way, a divisive locker room presence.
If the coach were anyone but Frank Reich, I'd agree with you. But presumably he has a better feel for Wentz than most others. From that perspective, you can at least understand the thought process behind the trade if Reich gave it the green light.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 07:57 PM 05-10-2021

Cheers to you Big Fish! Thanks for the trophies.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:58 PM 05-10-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
Hopefully this will finally end the dreams of some of the people here thinking Schwartz and Fisher would be coming back.
I actually think Schwartz wants to come back based on things he's said but I don't expect it, I expect him to retire. He seems content and not interested in going elsewhere.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 09:03 PM 05-10-2021
Nice to see. Hope it goes well ....... as long as it doesn’t impede the Chiefs from another SB win. :-)
[Reply]
JakeF 09:25 PM 05-10-2021
good for Fisher.

He didn't deserve the shit he got in KC. He had a decent LG next to him for maybe 2 yrs of his KC career. Those 2 years he was damn good.

Hopefully, he gets healthy and has a quality remaining career(except when facing us)
[Reply]
srvy 09:33 PM 05-10-2021
I wish Fish well in Indy. That is a bad injury for an LT hope he can overcome it. Very unpopular #1 draft pick for us but always went to war on the left side. Good luck on the comeback.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 19
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up