ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Media Center>MCU Phase 4 Trailer
Tribal Warfare 01:27 PM 05-03-2021

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:55 AM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Good. She did a shitty job with Captain Marvel. Not only did they fuck up the Captain Marvel storyline by making Captain Marvel a female, Larson gave the character about as much personality as a brick with tits painted on it.
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Agreed.

But I must point out the brick's tits were really nice tits.
The blame lies with Marvel and Captain Marvel's directors, not with Larson herself, who is an Academy Award winner, Golden Globes winner, BAFTA winner, SAG award and Emmy Award winner.

She's one award away from the coveted EGOT, which only 16 people have ever achieved.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:25 PM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The blame lies with Marvel and Captain Marvel's directors, not with Larson herself, who is an Academy Award winner, Golden Globes winner, BAFTA winner, SAG award and Emmy Award winner.

She's one award away from the coveted EGOT, which only 16 people have ever achieved.
Yea. She’s a good actress. Just a bad fit for that part.
[Reply]
morphius 12:45 PM 05-12-2021
It'll be hard to imagine them doing it at the scale they were able to do with the last arc without it looking forced or coming off as a repeat. I expect a few bigger misses this time around.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:00 PM 05-12-2021

I'd probably agree with that. But there was some weird shit going on. I presume you watched the interviews leading up to IW/EG. Shit was weiiiiiiird man. I think maybe she was trying to be funny, but it was bad. The weird thing is that she has been fantastic in other non-MCU interviews I've seen.

And that's also to say that there were no charismatic performances in the show. SLJ of course was worth the watch. Clark Gregg, in his limited role was pretty good. Mendelson, IMO was really REALLY good in the movie.

And even after getting blasted for Captain Marvel she didn't change much in IW/EG, not that she was in it enough to matter that much.

It's like she became a different person when she joined the MCU. It's weird.

All that being said, I'm rooting for her to turn it around. As much as I've enjoyed the MCU it's in my best interest to root for their success, and her being written out or marginalized is not optimal.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:16 PM 05-12-2021
All that being said, I'm rooting for her to turn it around. As much as I've enjoyed the MCU it's in my best interest to root for their success, and her being written out or marginalized is not optimal.
I have never seen an interview with Brie Larson, whether in print or video. I've seen a few people here comment on her "controversial" remarks but I honestly have no idea what she said.

From my perspective, Captain Marvel was a bad fit for the entire Infinity Saga. She has too much power, which again, was derived from an Infinity Stone, so there's nothing much for her character to do. It's kind of like the Superman conundrum: He's impossible to kill or injure, unless he's exposed to Kryponite (which is really the absolutely dumbest comic deterrent of all time. I mean seriously, I can buy into the idea that Jor-El built a ship capable of light speed and that Kal El was able to travel billions of lightyears across the universe in 5 years but there's no way that a piece of Krypton could travel at light speed, let alone, across billions and billions of miles in 5 years).

Anyway, her backstory in the MCU was lame. After she was immediately granted super powers, she was able to control and master them in a very short period of time. She was almost able to defeat Thanos by herself (as was Wanda) and when a character is that powerful, they're just boring, IMO, unless they bring a certain humanity to the character, which Wanda did but Carol Danvers didn't.

Captain Marvel 2, whose subtitle is now The Marvels, looks to pass the torch from Danvers to Kamala Khan, so it doesn't look like Larson will be around much longer, anyway.

I just hope Kamala Khan's backstory is far more interesting on screen than Danvers.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:33 PM 05-12-2021
This has been the plan all along. We saw how Monica Rambeau obtained her powers in WandaVision while Ms. Marvel has been in the works for years as well.

From my understanding, Marvel is focusing on the next generation of superheroes, including Ms. Marvel, Wanda's children, Kate Bishop, Iron Heart's Riri Williams and so on.

I heard some talk of doing a West Coast/East Coast Avengers team but I haven't heard anything about it moving forward quickly.
So essentially Marvel is banking their future on catching lightning in a bottle twice while steering down a much more pronounced SJW route? Good luck with that.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:35 PM 05-12-2021
This is the cringiest interview, but all of them leading up to IW/EG were bad. There are some videos breaking down body language, that are pretty damning, but it is hard for me to tell if they're full of shit either way. But here is one of the interviews.

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:04 PM 05-12-2021
This is the cringiest interview, but all of them leading up to IW/EG were bad. There are some videos breaking down body language, that are pretty damning, but it is hard for me to tell if they're full of shit either way. But here is one of the interviews.
I watched this over lunch and I guess I'm missing something because I didn't sense that anyone was uncomfortable. It seemed to me that they all had some "Inside Jokes" from their time filming Infinity War and Endgame back to back but I didn't sense any real conflict or dislike.

It's really tough to do interviews with actors when they can't speak about their films due to an NDA and it's even worse when watching without music or highlight clips.

It's kind of like watching an NFL game on the NFL Network. No underscore, no music bumpers when exiting and returning from commercial break and no music under in-game highlights. To me, it's just weird.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:53 PM 05-12-2021
This has been the plan all along. We saw how Monica Rambeau obtained her powers in WandaVision while Ms. Marvel has been in the works for years as well.

From my understanding, Marvel is focusing on the next generation of superheroes, including Ms. Marvel, Wanda's children, Kate Bishop, Iron Heart's Riri Williams and so on.

I heard some talk of doing a West Coast/East Coast Avengers team but I haven't heard anything about it moving forward quickly.
I'm assuming eventually Carol will get the shit kicked out of her by Rogue
[Reply]
Jamie 05:54 PM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
Brie Larson on the way out of the MCU as Captain Marvel?

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...ving-mcu-soon/
That site isn't trustworthy. It's not any more reliable than rumors from 4 chan or Reddit, because rumors from 4 chan and Reddit are usually their sources.

And even after getting blasted for Captain Marvel she didn't change much in IW/EG, not that she was in it enough to matter that much.
Endgame and Infinity War were filmed together, so her part in Endgame was actually filmed before Captain Marvel. I think it might have even been filmed before the script for Captain Marvel was 100% nailed down.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:27 PM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by Jamie:
Endgame and Infinity War were filmed together, so her part in Endgame was actually filmed before Captain Marvel. I think it might have even been filmed before the script for Captain Marvel was 100% nailed down.
There are always changes to dialog when filming but not to the plot or overall story arc, which Marvel plans out years in advance.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 08:59 PM 05-12-2021

The most cringe worthy person in that interview was the guy conducting it.

Yes, Larson had the idiotic take that she was breaking new ground as a female to lead a franchise (Sigourney Weaver says, hi - and Jennifer Lawrence has done it recently as another example) but, that’s about the only problem with her part of that interview. IMHO.
[Reply]
Valiant 03:51 PM 05-16-2021
Originally Posted by el borracho:
I don't understand this. What do you mean when you say "not Hugh Jackman the franchise?" Did you not enjoy Jackman in the X-Men movies?
Jackman while great. Ruined the franchise. Every movie became about him. Storm, Cyclops and the others all became shit characters so they could put Jackman's Logan to the forefront. Wolverine should be treated like Hawkeye.

X-Men is about the team. All are legendary. Endgame type of movie should be how they start.

I agree on the 90s style vibe and crew. Give me the blue and yellow squads.

Saying that. I think they should cast Zach Efron as logan.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 04:56 PM 05-16-2021
That site isn't reliable. I still think Captain Marvel will be a big part going forward. Hopefully they will write her well in the marvels. I'm excited to see Ms Marvel and Spectrum in this
[Reply]
Jamie 08:53 PM 05-17-2021
Originally Posted by Valiant:
Jackman while great. Ruined the franchise. Every movie became about him. Storm, Cyclops and the others all became shit characters so they could put Jackman's Logan to the forefront. Wolverine should be treated like Hawkeye.
I wouldn't sideline him quite as much as Hawkeye, but yeah. Fox could never get past the idea that X-Men was about Wolverine, and Xavier vs Magneto. There's no reason Magneto needs to be in every movie. And they wasted so many characters, just in general. Big ones they could have done more with like Storm and Cyclops to be sure, but also smaller characters they just pissed away in half-ass cameos. Psylocke. Gambit. Even Deadpool, before they fixed it.

Originally Posted by :
X-Men is about the team. All are legendary. Endgame type of movie should be how they start.
I agree with the first part, but I don't think you can jump into something like Endgame. So much of what works in that movie depends on everything that came before. The impact of seeing 40 superheroes team up in the end isn't the same if you didn't have the history with them. But I do think you could build up to another Endgame-level event with the just the X-Men. The bench of characters is that deep.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up